watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Why bother releasing your game for Linux or Mac initially, then fail to update it?
Well, I'm not a dev but supporting other OS other than Windows adds considerable time to testing and debugging.

Even popular games like Rocket League drop Linux and Mac support.

bikanas

Jun 2, 2017
Why bother releasing your game for Linux or Mac initially, then fail to update it?
I'm a long time fan of Urban Voyeur since the first release, so far there always were MAC, Linux and Android versions for every update, what happens is that for some reason they didn't appear here on F95 after 0.4.0. But they do exist, I was supporter during 0.6 and saw the links on the patron posts. After a few weeks from the release the dev also updates the free online version that you can play on browser.

Reactions: vasquez

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Thats in part answered by bikanas two posts above this. The other part is perhaps the fact this place "here" is not representative for the games dev state... (*cough* ...inofficial)
Well, I'm not a dev but supporting other OS other than Windows adds considerable time to testing and debugging...
The statement in the second part of your line is simply incorrect.

There are no different OS versions of the game. Nothing besides the used runtime environment(e.g. electron) which connects the game engine to the users OS.
Issues with this is not the problem of the game developer, though some persons try to make it "his" all the time. (<- This is another extensive problem/theme for a discussion of its own.)

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
is there a changelog by any chance? cuz i played from older save and theres nothing new from the nadine path

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Sometimes when you hit a game you struggle with what to write. Started several times already on this one.. **clears throat

What a game.. didn't realize that I was a peeping tom til I started this one. Great graphics, great layout, great stories(plural).. just a pretty awesome piece of work. Perhaps the updates aren't as fast as some would like.. maybe the la flight attendant needs to lose the 'la'. But seriously, overall this game hits the Voyeur in all of us. Cesar might have a decent Patreon following going on but in my opinion this really is headed towards STEAM worthy... The gameplay itself is ready now but it just needs a bit more content before taking that platform by storm. 9/10

Also I ... **shhh! Nevermind, the neighbors blinds are open! **reaches for binos**

Armadillo

Jul 9, 2018
is there a changelog by any chance? cuz i played from older save and theres nothing new from the nadine path
On this update I found new content for:

Amanda (the clinic receptionist), for both sub-paths with her
Karla (boss) and Megan (yoga teacher)
Laptop woman
Alicia (flight attendant), being this one with the most content, meeting at hotel, dinner scene, your apartment
also Marcie (snob) shows up, plus a few calls with Jenny, Beth, Nadine and Sophia, all sound promising.
3 sex scenes, one have extra variation. So, not bad for a update.

And that cliffhanger at the end with Alicia, fuck, epic :p

Reactions: Led and fortuna95

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
On this update I found new content for:

Amanda (the clinic receptionist), for both sub-paths with her
Karla (boss) and Megan (yoga teacher)
Laptop woman
Alicia (flight attendant), being this one with the most content, meeting at hotel, dinner scene, your apartment
also Marcie (snob) shows up, plus a few calls with Jenny, Beth, Nadine and Sophia, all sound promising.
3 sex scenes, one have extra variation. So, not bad for a update.

And that cliffhanger at the end with Alicia, fuck, epic :p
ah cheers, so starting over is worth it then...cuz i only tried my old save
from the end of the pool party with nadine and her mom

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
i encourage you to move to ren'py !!!
Why? You did'n mention any reasons. :unsure:
Also: Which arguments did you consider and speak for this step? Sell it to the game author. I mean he would have a good amount of work hours to invest for a engine switch. If you suggest something like this you "surely" thought about it some, or? I would especially interested how the games webhosting would work then.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: jdw6

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
Why? You did'n mention any reasons. :unsure:
Also: Which arguments did you consider and speak for this step? Sell it to the game author. I mean he would have a good amount of work hours to invest for a engine switch. If you suggest something like this you "surely" thought about it some, or? I would especially interested how the games webhosting would work then.
i don't know about web hosting - i'm not even positive what that is :)
what i do know is that it is light weight, easily compressed, runs better on most pcs, looks better, can auto voice, doesn't have weird pausing / slowness between switching screens, can fast forward realy fast when needed
i have tried various games with various engines over time and have found unity to be the most atrocious ( usualy producing screeching in the video card ) with ren'py being the most flexible and presentable towards users . users not programmers - i don't know how it does there
strangely enough unity games like pathfinder don't stress my cards , unity adult games do, hence it seems to be a coding issue.

4.00 star(s) 25 Votes