篠原

Jul 9, 2018
Managed to get the game to boot via wine, but it crashed after playing awhile and now will not boot. How do I solve the issue?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 293, in interact
show_director = interact_base()
File "renpy/common/00director.rpy", line 248, in interact_base
if [ i for i in renpy.scriptedit.nodes_on_line(filename, line) if not isinstance(i, ALONE_NODES) ]:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xbe in position 18: invalid start byte

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/map.rpyc", line 464, in script call
File "game/script.rpyc", line 143, in script
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/ast.py", line 716, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 1223, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 875, in do_display
**display_args)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/display/core.py", line 3269, in interact
i()
if [ i for i in renpy.scriptedit.nodes_on_line(filename, line) if not isinstance(i, ALONE_NODES) ]:
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/scriptedit.py", line 249, in nodes_on_line
ensure_loaded(filename)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/scriptedit.py", line 86, in ensure_loaded
renpy.parser.list_logical_lines(fn, add_lines=True)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/parser.py", line 240, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode("utf-8", "python_strict")
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xbe in position 18: invalid start byte

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Khan 0.4.7
Sun Jan 16 22:21:16 2022

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Once you have more than one fiefdom there's no limit to the amount of gold you can accumulate.
The problem isn't how much gold it is possible to accumulate. The problem is accumulating it to begin with.
Tying the income to morale and an RNG means your already paltry income disappears unless you abuse Force Yield.
This is an excellent way to portray war footing and command economies, but once the fighting is over and you pause so you can rebuild.... There's no income to do it with.
You can't even protect your territories because converting armies to garrisons takes FOUR TURNS! All the while you're bleeding Obedience and getting raided by your neighbors. And even then, you lose them anyway because they desert or the province rebels.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Managed to get the game to boot via wine, but it crashed after playing awhile and now will not boot. How do I solve the issue?

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/ast.py", line 716, in execute
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 1223, in __call__
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 875, in do_display
**display_args)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/character.py", line 621, in display_say
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/display/core.py", line 3269, in interact
i()
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/scriptedit.py", line 249, in nodes_on_line
ensure_loaded(filename)
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/scriptedit.py", line 86, in ensure_loaded
File "Z:\home\erina\Downloads\rpdl.net-VaeVictisConquerRavishBreed-0.4.7/renpy/parser.py", line 240, in list_logical_lines
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Khan 0.4.7
Is it possible that you've played an older version before and have old save files somewhere? If this is the case, deleting them might help.

篠原

Jul 9, 2018
Is it possible that you've played an older version before and have old save files somewhere? If this is the case, deleting them might help.
Yeah I do. Sadly I can't find where they're stored. Not too familiar with Linux Mint and how its stored.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020

While running game code:

Full traceback:
**display_args)
i()
ensure_loaded(filename)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Khan 0.4.7
The error says that a character in that file is not unicode.

Try the following, but I don't know how much they'll help.

First, go to the game's directory/renpy/common, delete the files 00director.rpy and 00director.rpyc and extract the attached file there. It's from the game and it works. If you're lucky, it ends there.

If you're not lucky, or it throws more UnicodeDecodeError in other files, it gets a little complicated.
First, download the game from the links in the op, not the torrent. Then extract the game to an empty folder whose path contains only english characters. Also, if you download from the links in the op, there is a file in the game's dir called Khan.sh, which lets you play the game directly on Linux without the need for wine.

As for the save locations, if you're running the game directly on linux, they should be in this folder
~/.renpy/Khan-1594374156.
If you're on wine, launch it, start the file explorer and they should be in C:\Users\<whatever's_the_wine_default_username>\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy\Khan-1594374156. Delete those two folders just in case.

Reactions: 篠原

篠原

Jul 9, 2018

The error says that a character in that file is not unicode.

Try the following, but I don't know how much they'll help.

First, go to the game's directory/renpy/common, delete the files 00director.rpy and 00director.rpyc and extract the attached file there. It's from the game and it works. If you're lucky, it ends there.

If you're not lucky, or it throws more UnicodeDecodeError in other files, it gets a little complicated.
First, download the game from the links in the op, not the torrent. Then extract the game to an empty folder whose path contains only english characters. Also, if you download from the links in the op, there is a file in the game's dir called Khan.sh, which lets you play the game directly on Linux without the need for wine.

As for the save locations, if you're running the game directly on linux, they should be in this folder
~/.renpy/Khan-1594374156.
If you're on wine, launch it, start the file explorer and they should be in C:\Users\<whatever's_the_wine_default_username>\Appdata\Roaming\Renpy\Khan-1594374156. Delete those two folders just in case.
Thank you! Will give it a go tomorrow.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
here i wonder how much of it is "your" game , and how much the paying users decide ...
games like this never end well and the way the dev had imagined it a start ---
I mean you can let paying users decide which character or story will progress next, but nothing more because it will end just like you said.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel
Feb 12, 2021
Funny you're asking, there's a poll for my patrons asking this exact question: should version 0.5 have another quest or maybe it should focus on existing characters only.
View attachment 1596777
♫ WONDER WOMAN!!! ♫ (thought it was Xena at 1st, n that annoying brat sidekick of hers, until it clicked u said famous amazon "and her aunt")

Finally someone gets it! Thank you sir!
I'll admit the "Gal Gadot" model needs some more tweaking, but this render is just a rough draft.
the Antiope facial rendering is what actually made me realize it...b/c my initial instinct was Xena n Gabby, but then i realized the 2nd model looked nothing like Gabby (THANK GOD), n once i remembered the whole 'aunt' thing, the light bulb clicked that it was her aunt; that's a helluva accurate rendering job sir (y)

I'll try to come up with a way to do this. It will probably come up as a hack like utility.
I'll try to come up with a way.

Since people start talking strategy (which, for me, is the coolest thing in the world), I want to stress something that I forgot to mention: Force Yield was improved in 0.4 and using it gives you double the fiefdom's yield (for the cost of 6 Obedience, 4 if queen Sumia is in the Palace).

If you have fiefdom with 100+ Obedience, feel free to milk it to help the other fiefdoms.
THANK YOU SIR!! n yeah, i figured out what 'force yield' was once i got the quest to build 4 temples, n needed some gold fast, instead of burning thru turns...so i guess Karder learned the force from old Obi-Wan out there in the desert somewhere? :ROFLMAO:

are there some kind of troop movement delay or are the UI so bad at telling you things when you SEND TROOPS that does nothing? or did the latest update break the game to the point it's unplayable since you can't even garrison your fiefdoms
that's why u gotta do the best u can in battles, n get those sovereigns in the palace asap...that way u maximize troop size by minimizing losses n maximizing recruiting, so you'll have enough to send to garrisons n still have enough left over to conquer other fiefdoms. n yeah, even on chariots, it takes time for troops to return home; no star trek teleporters available...so save before doing next turn, n if a territory gets raided before your troops get there, just reload the save

Complete both routes, doesn't matter which for Alam, use the lust for battle route for Domia, not the lust for revenge route. Finish Alam first, then Domia, then go see Fahda. (Note that the bug still exists that if you fight Domia for the full 90 scales and subdue her - tie her up but don't rape her - you'll get Domia, Alam, and the full 90 scales. Yay, Karder is still an exploitative bastard!!!)
well THIS would've been good to know before the 15-THOUSAND diff ways i asked this...THANK YOU!!! :love:(y)

Last edited:

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
WONDER WOMAN!!! (thought it was Xena at 1st, n that annoying brat sidekick of hers, until it clicked u said famous amazon "and her aunt"
Finally someone gets it! Thank you sir!

I'll admit the "Gal Gadot" model needs some more tweaking, but this render is just a rough draft.

Raknor

May 12, 2019
I wanted to report a problem I had in a fight. It was the second fight in the arena where you take on the goblin girl. During the fight two things happened. Several times during the fight I was not able to use the "Subdue" option from any selection on the girl. The second thing is that even when I could not use "Subdue" on her, I choose the "Defensive" option and between those two options only being used, she was still killed in the end.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I wanted to report a problem I had in a fight. It was the second fight in the arena where you take on the goblin girl. During the fight two things happened. Several times during the fight I was not able to use the "Subdue" option from any selection on the girl. The second thing is that even when I could not use "Subdue" on her, I choose the "Defensive" option and between those two options only being used, she was still killed in the end.
What I think happened is that you (probably accidently) clicked Normal or Aggressive attack at least once. Once you hit your opponent with non-Subdue attack (Normal/Aggressive), Subdue gets locked (since you drew blood) and the combat will get lethal. Not a bug.

Pitczasy

Jan 7, 2019
After burning Temple and releasing Evvy run to a error:

While running game code:
File "game/harlots/fahda.rpy", line 441, in <module>
NameError: name 'ziruanFinishTurn' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/map.rpyc", line 456, in script call
File "game/harlots/fahda.rpyc", line 441, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Khan 0.4.7
Sun Jan 16 18:29:40 2022

Raknor

May 12, 2019
What I think happened is that you (probably accidently) clicked Normal or Aggressive attack at least once. Once you hit your opponent with non-Subdue attack (Normal/Aggressive), Subdue gets locked (since you drew blood) and the combat will get lethal. Not a bug.
Maybe I did hit it once, but I was able to go back and resume subdue on her after a round or two, then it went back locked and then came unlocked. It flipped back and forth like that until she was killed.

Reactions: Doorknob22

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
After burning Temple and releasing Evvy run to a error:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "game/map.rpyc", line 456, in script call
File "game/harlots/fahda.rpyc", line 441, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1893, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2266, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2259, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Khan 0.4.7
Sun Jan 16 18:29:40 2022
I'm guessing you're using an older save. The variable ziruanFinishTurn was introduced in 0.4.x but did not exist before it.

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
19227118e6e4fbc497c6fe49be2284ef.png
I want to say small question but uh, I have 0.4.7 downloaded and I'm getting this message after seeing if there is anything else I need to do. Is this a bug or just a message that wasn't changed? Not too big of a deal if so, look forward to 0.4.8~

Reactions: GetInThereLewis
4.30 star(s) 120 Votes