Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
Well, I made some more renders today. Well, having tried my hand at this, I must say this is indeed pretty time-consuming. I have far more respect for any developers now. I'm probably going to do one more set of renders to finish off the fight. And since I have a huge lactation fetish, here's a bonus render of it.
Why does Karder looks so much like Virgil in there?

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
Why does Karder looks so much like Virgil in there?
Take a guess :). Nah, honestly I just wanted to make Karder look cool and well frankly the only cool looking moves I know are Japanese and Chinese ones. So I changed to have him use a katana and well, long coats look cool when moving around so why not? :p.

Reactions: Aioto

mortal fist

Sep 14, 2020
There's no real need for them for now, but here's a few select console variables for those too impatient to build up in other ways:

Code:
#MC
mcBaseDamage = XX #Subdue and defensive attacks deal half damage, aggressive attacks deal double damage
mc_hp = XX
mc_max_hp = XX

#Resources (capped at 10 on Day 0, + 20 the day after claiming Gaunteinguk, + 20 the day after claiming Oryeonguk)
troops = XX
gold = XX

#Territories
Gaunteinguk.obedience = XX
Gaunteinguk.morale = XX
Gaunteinguk.garrisonTroops = XX
Oryeonguk.obedience = XX
Oryeonguk.morale = XX
Oryeonguk.garrisonTroops = XX
Replace XX with the value you want. You break it, you bought it: If you're not absolutely sure what you're doing, save before changing anything.
OMG, now that I know that people can read my pathetic code I should remember to keep it more tidy and neat...
How to apply it

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
One cool (IMHO) aspect of Karder is his blade. Out of all the fancy and ornate swords available to him, he prefers a simple cavalry sword, same as used by his soldiers. He doesn't need magical shiny sticks to kick anyone's ass.
Well, katana was everywhere (still is) in feudal Japan, so it's not that magical XD. It's just the Japanese that hyped it up so much that it feels otherworldly. The Chinese and the Turks have similar swords. In fact the Turks used it as a cavalry weapon. So it's pretty common. Though some techniques are unique to Japan and look impractical, like fighting with the scabbard or drawing the sword at the last moment, but that's actually because feudal Japan was full of assassinations in tight spaces. Of course, nobody uses that in an open battle, but it kinda shows the power difference when one side is going all out in a fight and the other side doesn't even need to draw the sword :p.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
Just checking in, any incest stuff yet?
Nothing for Karder himself, but there is some sis/sis stuff going on in the Elfkind story arc.

Nope. Probably won't be for some time, he has a whole continent to conquer before he even gets close to his mom and sisters.
I agree on the mom/sis part, but I think there is totally potential for Karder to meet one of his oldest daughters some time soon :)

Reactions: xxxtent

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, katana was everywhere (still is) in feudal Japan, so it's not that magical XD. It's just the Japanese that hyped it up so much that it feels otherworldly. The Chinese and the Turks have similar swords. In fact the Turks used it as a cavalry weapon. So it's pretty common. Though some techniques are unique to Japan and look impractical, like fighting with the scabbard or drawing the sword at the last moment, but that's actually because feudal Japan was full of assassinations in tight spaces. Of course, nobody uses that in an open battle, but it kinda shows the power difference when one side is going all out in a fight and the other side doesn't even need to draw the sword :p.
A Katana is no sword though... since it only has a single sharp edge it's by definition a VERY sharp knive, it's speciality is it's blunt and hardened backside which can be used to incaptivate oponents without hurting or killing them, aswell as to parry blows. :geek:
Though some techniques are unique to Japan and look impractical, like fighting with the scabbard or drawing the sword at the last moment
These are normally Anime tropes in reality it was considered a sacrilec to use the scapbard and was only used by ruffians and barbarians

BiggestDickest

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2021
A Katana is no sword though... since it only has a single sharp edge it's by definition a VERY sharp knive, it's speciality is it's blunt and hardened backside which can be used to incaptivate oponents without hurting or killing them, aswell as to parry blows. :geek:
I think a sword can be either one-edged or two-edged. About the blunt backside, I'm not sure why, but curved swords just tend to be one-edged while straight ones tend to be two-edged. But I don't think you would really leave a blunt side just to incapacitate your opponent.

Edit: the Chinese do have a somewhat practical technique of pushing the backside to pivot the sword towards the opponent when the two swords are met I think.
These are normally Anime tropes in reality it was considered a sacrilec to use the scapbard and was only used by ruffians and barbarians
Well, indeed I haven't seen any Iaido or Kendo techniques using the scabbard, but I remember reading from somewhere that they sometimes fought with the scabbard without drawing the sword because there wasn't even enough time to draw the sword. So kinda like how Vergil fights but he's obviously doing it on purpose, and not like how Ikkaku in Bleach with the scabbard being a secondary weapon. Then again, it's just what I read.

Reactions: CircaAD and Stil996

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think a sword can be either one-edged or two-edged. About the blunt backside, I'm not sure why, but curved swords just tend to be one-edged while straight ones tend to be two-edged. But I don't think you would really leave a blunt side just to incapacitate your opponent.
The definition of a sword is a blade with 2 sharp sides, the definition of a knive is a blade with a single sharp side.
'As far as I recall the Scimiliar has 2 sharp sides.
That's the special part about the Japanese the Katana isn't really meant to kill the enemy.
So, I guess by that definition a is not a sword either
I'd call it a blade weapon meant for fencing and disarming your oponent

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The definition of a sword is a blade with 2 sharp sides, the definition of a knive is a blade with a single sharp side.
That's the special part about the Japanese the Katana isn't really meant to kill the enemy.

I'd call it a blade weapon meant for fencing and disarming your oponent
you mean , a single edged sword, just like , , , (More single edged Swords).
The 2 main things separating Knifes from Swords is Size and Function (Knifes are Tools, Swords are Weapons),

Reactions: erkper and CircaAD

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'd really like to know where you're getting these definitions. I have never heard a sword defined as two-bladed only.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I agree on the mom/sis part, but I think there is totally potential for Karder to meet one of his oldest daughters some time soon :)
How so? Karder is on the Eastern Sister now, but before his imprisonment I don't think any of the lore mentioned him travelling outside the Western Sister, so any of his spawn he might encounter would be infants/toddlers. Karder may be a lot of things, but I don't think baby-diddler is one of them.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'd really like to know where you're getting these definitions. I have never heard a sword defined as two-bladed only.
Admittedly from middle age fairs and a troupe that made a show of fighting with the standard weapons of that time.
Though there are similiar description found in other medias aswell.

4.20 star(s) 125 Votes