RPGM Abandoned Valentina's Story [v0.3] [JGM]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
I wonder is this game still alive its bin a long time since i have seen a post from him even on his patreon site

0.01 is not a new version

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Version .02:

Game is cancelled but he's releasing everything for free, including files you can use to continue the game yourself. Check out his patreon for the whole story. I think it's too bad, but I appreciate that he didn't take a cent from anyone and gave out the files.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
On that very same Patreon page he released a demo for his new game, Valiant Warrior Astrid. Focus: corruption, but with selfmade art and lots of backstory. Don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to how this game develops.

Win:
Mac:
Linux:

Perhaps some kind soul can put this new game in its own thread.

Warning: don't attack the slime. The game crashes.
Edit: don't get hit by a slime. The game crashes.
Edit 2: just copy two dummy png's to www\img\animations: howl.png and cure4.png.

Last edited:

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Returning to Valentina: you'll have to start a new game for version 0.02. Loading a save crashes the game instantly.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
whell that i dont have i canot use the beach aka she canot put on a swim suit
the game loads fine on safe game

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Game.exe reports a trojan. Just saying in case anyone cares.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Game.exe reports a trojan. Just saying in case anyone cares.
People probably care, but your warning is meaningless unless you provide the following vital information
1. Which antivirus do you use (brand and version)
2. What version of the antivirusdefinition and engines are you running?

I'm assuming trojan is a generic warning. If you AV gives anything more specific than that: also include that.

Having said that: Windows Defender builtin on Windows 10 Enterprise build 15063.138 with AV definition version 1.241.483.0 gives no warnings

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Running ClamAV:

Win.Trojan.Agent-5759995-0 FOUND
Maybe it's a false positive, maybe not. Although apart from a recent spate of them here, I don't generally find them reported from any of the RPG Maker games.

Anyway, I know I'm not running it :)

nicktrocado

Mar 8, 2017
He updated the links with the fix to the beach:

Just started playing this game, it's a shame he's abandoning it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for the update, @nicktrocado ! Updated link in OP. Fixed the " " highlighted in your post. I copied the actual url from mega and pasted it. The addresses on his patreon post have the " " highlighted and if we click on that, it goes to mega's main page.
The beach error was a collision issue according to DynamiteRed.

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Running ClamAV
ClamAV runs on my NAS, and every few months it starts tagging files as viruses. Notably some RPGMaker executables and some flashfiles from Slavemaker. Some definitions later these same files are fine again. It's your computer, but I wouldn't be overly worried.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
ClamAV runs on my NAS, and every few months it starts tagging files as viruses. Notably some RPGMaker executables and some flashfiles from Slavemaker. Some definitions later these same files are fine again. It's your computer, but I wouldn't be overly worried.
Oh, I'm not worried - I already deleted it.

I just think that saying "it's probably going to be all right" over and over again is a sure fire way to get your computer owned in the medium to long term.

And it's not like there's any shortage of games, after all.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The thing is, it's hard to know what to believe when you get comments like

Most obscure antiviruses almost always detect exe files as viruses/trojans.
which is frankly a complete load of bollocks. I scan everything I download and most of it passes just fine. I know false positive happen, but when people start pushing blatant untruths like that, I start to wonder why.

Now, just to be clear, I'm not for a moment suggesting any nefarious intent on your part as the uploader. Sometimes we acquire dubious exes and pass them on in good faith, and sometimes what may be a clean exe when get it may be infected by the time we pass it on.

I just really, really don't think this attitude of "ah, fuck it! those anti-virus programs always find something" is wise.

Reactions: ChristyMorrigan
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote