4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

matty_r

Jun 18, 2017
Is it possible to create a save folder for mac version?
And if yes, how would you do that?
Because as it is now it`s not possible to save, but there is also no place to put save files.
My game folder contains the game file, a text file and a html file. No extra folders where
you usually find save game ++.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
This one should seriously have a renpy remake.
Generally Id agree, however for this one, Im going to have to disagree. The way he keeps the avatar up with whatever youre wearing makes the rpgm well done and not tedious in this. Something about constantly being able to see her sexiness, especially when streaking or in underwear outside wonderful and sexy.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Also, renpy doesn't have a built in combat system, and I've personally never seen a renpy combat system that I've felt was actually good.

Not to mention the time to remake the game in renpy before you'd get to new content.

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Save filter i
Is it possible to create a save folder for mac version?
And if yes, how would you do that?
Because as it is now it`s not possible to save, but there is also no place to put save files.
My game folder contains the game file, a text file and a html file. No extra folders where
you usually find save game ++.
Save folder is created within the .app - Right click app, show folder contents, and it is within...
1547617021765.png

redle

Apr 12, 2017
This one should seriously have a renpy remake.
Renpy is a tool like any other. It's python base could certainly be used to create a good game within it. But the common use of renpy for adult "games" reduces them to little more than either a book with some images or a slideshow with some captions. There is generally very little game-ness about them. (That is not to say that they can not still be quite enjoyable)

This is one of the few titles in production that actually has the feel of a solid game. The whole thing is pretty well put together so far. Renpy is for.... here's a character and a plot line that are interesting, but the game around it is just terrible (a developer who doesn't have the time/inclination/technical skill/desire to make a game, but has a tale to tell). So sit down; enjoy the story; and forget about games and mechanics.

Even for those that just really dislike rpgmaker, hey, at least this title doesn't devolve into an endless series of pointless fetch quests. Maybe someone will put together the The Annals of Astrid in renpy form for people to read, but until that time (and really, even after) I recommend people actually give the game version a try.

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
Even for those that just really dislike rpgmaker, hey, at least this title doesn't devolve into an endless series of pointless fetch quests. Maybe someone will put together the The Annals of Astrid in renpy form for people to read, but until that time (and really, even after) I recommend people actually give the game version a try.
I am actually not complaining. I tried and liked the game. My laptop is acting up tho and I am now stuck with an old computer. That's why I recommend renpy remake for those owning old computer or mobile devices.
Anyway, I will return to rpgm once I complete building my new PC.

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
One of the best Western Corruption RPG's, hopefully we get an update or atleast a patreon post soon. I would hate to see this project abadonned.

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
When I first played this like a year ago or so the updates were pretty frequently about every 2 months I guess with a lot of preview pics in between. Dev really let things slide lately and after the huge pause before the last update I have the feeling he lost interest a bit. At least he charges per update, so no harm done. Would be a shame though if this gets abandoned...

redle

Apr 12, 2017
When I first played this like a year ago or so the updates were pretty frequently about every 2 months I guess with a lot of preview pics in between. Dev really let things slide lately and after the huge pause before the last update I have the feeling he lost interest a bit. At least he charges per update, so no harm done. Would be a shame though if this gets abandoned...
Just my own distorted memory of events here, but the way I recall it:
The dev is a student and so his workload and timetable fluctuates greatly depending on his current coursework/load and time of the year. So at times in the past he has had a summer off or a light schedule and for several months pumps out quite a bit. Then school ramps up and dev work is almost non-existent. Sounds like you first came in during one of his "hot streaks." I couldn't say when or if this game might become abandoned, but the current quietness matches past history of this game's development. So it alone is not yet any cause for alarm.

NeoVlahos

Jun 17, 2017
yeah we his patrons will finance him all the way through college :)' anyway he said something like the end of january on one of his latest -back then- posts

NeoVlahos

Jun 17, 2017
just joking mate that was meant to be funny but it isn't, well english are not my strong point sorry if that came out a bit offensive agian sorry, i just wish to "waste" 20 ducks now on it

NachoCheese

Dec 10, 2017
Generally Id agree, however for this one, Im going to have to disagree. The way he keeps the avatar up with whatever youre wearing makes the rpgm well done and not tedious in this. Something about constantly being able to see her sexiness, especially when streaking or in underwear outside wonderful and sexy.
Renpy is a tool like any other. It's python base could certainly be used to create a good game within it. But the common use of renpy for adult "games" reduces them to little more than either a book with some images or a slideshow with some captions. There is generally very little game-ness about them. (That is not to say that they can not still be quite enjoyable)

This is one of the few titles in production that actually has the feel of a solid game. The whole thing is pretty well put together so far. Renpy is for.... here's a character and a plot line that are interesting, but the game around it is just terrible (a developer who doesn't have the time/inclination/technical skill/desire to make a game, but has a tale to tell). So sit down; enjoy the story; and forget about games and mechanics.

I consider the majority of RPGMV games to basically be glorified visual novels, and much better suited to RenPy than to RPGMV. In contrast, DRG actually makes use of his environments in ways that are well suited to RPGMV and would be ill suited to RenPy.

Just my own distorted memory of events here, but the way I recall it:
The dev is a student and so his workload and timetable fluctuates greatly depending on his current coursework/load and time of the year. So at times in the past he has had a summer off or a light schedule and for several months pumps out quite a bit. Then school ramps up and dev work is almost non-existent. Sounds like you first came in during one of his "hot streaks." I couldn't say when or if this game might become abandoned, but the current quietness matches past history of this game's development. So it alone is not yet any cause for alarm.
He's got to be a junior or senior by now. It was like this with Valentina's Story too.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
just joking mate that was meant to be funny but it isn't, well english are not my strong point sorry if that came out a bit offensive agian sorry, i just wish to "waste" 20 ducks now on it
Mh, a ;) smiley instead of :) smiley and I wouldn't have misunderstood your sentence. Everything's fine, instead, let us both praise the dev for his honest and fair payment plan! :)

Reactions: Big Mountain

redle

Apr 12, 2017
He's got to be a junior or senior by now. It was like this with Valentina's Story too.
Yes, plenty of opportunity to run into the... I stopped being a student and stopped working on the things I was doing as a student... to end the life of this game. No way to know anything but what the devs choose to volunteer to us (and plenty of times what is volunteered is highly suspect as to its truth [not speaking of this dev specifically here]). Time will tell.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes