Superk

May 21, 2017
Really a shame. Loved the early versions of this. Now crashes halfway though loading even with 7GB RAM. Another game out of my range of play.

Reactions: ikaros123

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
Really a shame. Loved the early versions of this. Now crashes halfway though loading even with 7GB RAM. Another game out of my range of play.
That shouldn't be the case cuz this game doesn't utilize half of that? Close your web browser, should be enough. If not, try different runtime, I recommend the one with openj9 (it's generally faster and use less memory). Like look here

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

Dolner

May 9, 2017
How much content is there at the moment, since it's launching on steam. Is this close to being completed?

Dragonaira

Aug 1, 2017
That shouldn't be the case cuz this game doesn't utilize half of that? Close your web browser, should be enough. If not, try different runtime, I recommend the one with openj9 (it's generally faster and use less memory). Like look here

No clue what to do with that file Lol >_<

InnocentKiss5

PassionateWeeb
Donor
Jan 13, 2020
Hello hello I'm kinda having so problems even starting this game its just crashes when I'm launching?

Mitsuna

Jun 21, 2019
No clue what to do with that file Lol >_<
It depends. I think basically you unpack archive, then give game file (i.e. VentureSeas.jar) to java executable that can be found inside that archive. It should work fine as it is (if you've chosen correct runtime). I see they provide msi installer as well, I don't know if it can setup your environment. So
Bash:
/full/path/to/java/jdk8u242-b08/bin/java -jar VentureSeas.jar
You can define environmental variables to make it work properly (shouldn't be necessary here), here is the script I use to launch it, maybe it helps:

Bash:
#!/bin/sh
export JAVA_HOME="$HOME/java/jdk8u242-b08/"
export PATH="$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH"
java -jar VentureSeas.jar
also a little help article that explains how do you open shell prompt in current location on windows

or maybe you can simply create text file alongside .jar file and name it run.bat or run.cmd, put such line inside /full/path/to/java/jdk8u242-b08/bin/java -jar VentureSeas.jar

Last edited:

InnocentKiss5

PassionateWeeb
Donor
Jan 13, 2020
It depends. I think basically you unpack archive, then give game file (i.e. VentureSeas.jar) to java executable that can be found inside that archive. It should work fine as it is (if you've chosen correct runtime). I see they provide msi installer as well, I don't know if it can setup your environment. So
Bash:
/full/path/to/java/jdk8u242-b08/bin/java -jar VentureSeas.jar
You can define environmental variables to make it work properly (shouldn't be necessary here), here is the script I use to launch it, maybe it helps:

Bash:
#!/bin/sh
export JAVA_HOME="$HOME/java/jdk8u242-b08/"
export PATH="$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH"
java -jar VentureSeas.jar
also a little help article that explains how do you open shell prompt in current location on windows

or maybe you can simply create text file alongside .jar file and name it run.bat or run.cmd, put such line inside /full/path/to/java/jdk8u242-b08/bin/java -jar VentureSeas.jar

Sounds complicated very at least for the mourning me ill try later thanks

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes