DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
Bugsbugsbugsbugsugs...

When shopping, buying some items causes instant crash.
Dismissing a crew member then trying to exit the crew screen - crash. Repeateable

This is something so basic that I'm stumped it wasn't fixed by now.

Also a memory leak of some kind. A game like this shouldn't nom my memory ... starts with 1 GB, jumps to 2,4+
shop crash really kills it for me.
Games crash if I wanted to buy "Silken Sheet".
Guys, i think i read somewhere higher comment https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/02/569993_TownManager.7z
drop this file in folder with jar file and change TownManager.7z to TownManager.class and shop bug is no more.
second you can add any item via ladybug first icon in right bottom corner of the screen(don't use add all items)

I think it's time to add this fix file with comments near download game link, no?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
32 o 64 bits ?
The launchers are 32-bit .EXEs, but the Java version shipped with the game is 64-bit if I'm not mistaken.
If you have a 32-bit OS, download the (Windows x86 Offline) and install it. I have linked the v8 (the same used by the dev), but maybe the most recent versions (or the alternative openJDK version) have better performances.

Feb 17, 2017
My final post in this thread for a long time. Cuse game is junk, as of now.
I picked, I poked, it's not worth to poke hard enough. But here's a few notes:
1.@DeMoS666 No, to fix the shop crash, the TownManager.class goes into the VentureSeas.jar, replacing the original one.
Or just get the modified .jar file.
2.If you "manually" sort lines in Save file, alphabetically for example, game runs smoother when it accesses inventory.
3.It crashes when your dismiss crew member, only your first one, you can safely dismiss all but first one.(you can modify save file to change their order)(also after dismissal, there be junk left from the dismissed crew members in Save file, that can be cleaned manually, dunno if actually helps)
4.Do not use the launch.bat(or how it was called). It makes game store all the produced logs in the file. And those logs are produced in LUDICROUS amount. That's probably how people get their 1000TB game folder.
5.Do only one "Load saved game" per launch. Close game, start it back, then load save game again.

Last edited:

Coomer44

Sep 30, 2019
Is the gallery not implemented yet or did i mess up my install? Says something about deprecation when selecting gallery from debug menu and takes me back to start screen

Gwaine

Nov 2, 2017
Guys, i think i read somewhere higher comment https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/02/569993_TownManager.7z
drop this file in folder with jar file and change TownManager.7z to TownManager.class and shop bug is no more.
second you can add any item via ladybug first icon in right bottom corner of the screen(don't use add all items)

I think it's time to add this fix file with comments near download game link, no?
File is broken. Cant extract it. Maybe send a new one?

Gwaine

Nov 2, 2017
My final post in this thread for a long time. Cuse game is junk, as of now.
I picked, I poked, it's not worth to poke hard enough. But here's a few notes:
1.@DeMoS666 No, to fix the shop crash, the TownManager.class goes into the VentureSeas.jar, replacing the original one.
Or just get the modified .jar file.
2.If you "manually" sort lines in Save file, alphabetically for example, game runs smoother when it accesses inventory.
3.It crashes when your dismiss crew member, only your first one, you can safely dismiss all but first one.(you can modify save file to change their order)(also after dismissal, there be junk left from the dismissed crew members in Save file, that can be cleaned manually, dunno if actually helps)
4.Do not use the launch.bat(or how it was called). It makes game store all the produced logs in the file. And those logs are produced in LUDICROUS amount. That's probably how people get their 1000TB game folder.
5.Do only one "Load saved game" per launch. Close game, start it back, then load save game again.
where do i get the file needed to fix shop crash?

Madlaxy

Jan 2, 2019
Nice game. Some characters are great. Promising gameplay and battle system.

Works no problem on 10 years old Dual Core processor 4Gb RAM + 4Gb vitrual memory on SSD.

Some issues:

1. When reloading from save crew member health restores. This saves huge ammounts of money.

2. After selecting exp boost policy instead of exp started obtaining rare and epic items very often.

3. Player created character doesn't participate in battle. It's huge loss. Meanwhile can't customize leader's outfit.

4. Need higher difficulty option or balance tuning. Once Kari joins and there appears some understanding of the game it becomes too easy.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
What's wrong with this dev? Game has less content than the version I played a year ago, they took out the gallery (because fuck the player) and it's even MORE grindy (because double fuck the player). Oh, I know what they did, they added bugs! Since the game didn't have any before.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
The game seems to have a good premise, I rarely see a pirate-themed game and explore the sea map!

The negative side of this game is the constant crashing, every time you buy something in the city market!

This bug is killing me, even though I am running on a mid-range gamer pc, Ryzen 5 2600 + 32 GB of Ram + GT 730 of 1gb VRAM "I am using it, while my rtx 2060 is coming on order".

I assume the reason for the crash is the fact that I hacked the money value directly into the game's save with notepad ++.

Anyway, I expect a correction and may the author of the game make him less grindy!

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
I assume the reason for the crash is the fact that I hacked the money value directly into the game's save with notepad ++.
Nope, it's a known bug with the shop. Someone posted a fix a page or two back, but that involves editing the .jar file. Someone else posted a .jar with the fix implemented so you should get that and you'll be able to buy/sell normally. Menus really freak out once your inventory starts filling up though.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
Nope, it's a known bug with the shop. Someone posted a fix a page or two back, but that involves editing the .jar file. Someone else posted a .jar with the fix implemented so you should get that and you'll be able to buy/sell normally. Menus really freak out once your inventory starts filling up though.
This is no use! I already downloaded the town manager file and put it inside the VentureSeas.jar folder and changed the name town manager.class! following the tutorial shown here on the page and even so the game crashes when buying items in the store, except that when opening this file with Winrar it says it is damaged, I downloaded it 3 times and nothing!

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
This is no use! I already downloaded the town manager file and put it inside the VentureSeas.jar folder and changed the name town manager.class! following the tutorial shown here on the page and even so the game crashes when buying items in the store, except that when opening this file with Winrar it says it is damaged, I downloaded it 3 times and nothing!
I didn't do any of that, and really have no clue how to edit .jar files, sorry. I took the premade ventureseas.jar and it fixed the shop crashes.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
I didn't do any of that, and really have no clue how to edit .jar files, sorry. I took the premade ventureseas.jar and it fixed the shop crashes.
Anyway thank you. I will keep an eye out to see if I find this "premade VentureSeas.jar" here on the page, while I am suffering from another bug in the game, It happens often. when I dismiss one of my crew ... The funny thing is that I can hire them but not dismiss them!

this game is good but also very chaotic...

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
Anyway thank you. I will keep an eye out to see if I find this "premade VentureSeas.jar" here on the page, while I am suffering from another bug in the game, It happens often. when I dismiss one of my crew ... The funny thing is that I can hire them but not dismiss them!

this game is good but also very chaotic...
Use the cheat and "buy" all items, then youre no longer under the shop bug. And you can at least play the game without this breaking the game constantly.

Doom Marine

Oct 1, 2018
Use the cheat and "buy" all items, then youre no longer under the shop bug. And you can at least play the game without this breaking the game constantly.
Yes! I learned to use the cheat menu that has the ladybug icon in the game to do what I want without having to go to the store, using it just to empty my inventory!

3.20 star(s) 27 Votes