desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, I give up on the hard run on first playthrough lol. Maybe it's doable if you start supper optimally, but there just doesn't seem to be enough divisions to defend against so many enemies that just run past at the start. I made 2 strong divisions as a priority and a third decent one after. MC's team attacks whatever is the most troublesome. The other strong team was guarding the entrance... but they can only fight 1 battle per turn, and everything just runs past or starts breaking buildings, so you really gonna need a decent amount of usable divisions. The starting division of shit tier units just won't do anything on hard.

Another mistake was focusing mostly on resource production buildings. I was enticed by the permanent boosts when you win battles, and I kinda spammed some of these resource buildings which don't help defend at all.

If I start over on hard, maybe I can get something going, but I think I'll just do normal first. Normal --> Very Hard was my route on Hollow, so I'll probably do that again.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
This is why I either hate or like JAST sometimes, they made installers/setup versions for VenusBlood Hollow, Full Metal Daemon Muramasa and Tokyo Necro. But not VenusBlood GAIA?!

Here’s hoping JAST USA will release it on GOG.COM so GOG can make their installer/setup version of the game.

Thanks once again for sharing the official JAST USA Game version of the game and not the Steam one...
What's the point of it anyway?
Really, for an application that needs no integration into the OS (such as a text file opening automatically with Notepad or even deeper integration like audio drivers and whatnot), it's really not offering any benefits over just having the application files is there?

If you want a shortcut on your desktop, just right click & make one. Same for your start menu.
Other than that, I see no other purpose to an installer.

And that's even excluding the annoying bits that tend to come with an installer, where they 'install' stuff into the registry and if you don't have the app 'installed' it won't boot up (looking at you Bible Black & Discipline from back in the day).

Reactions: Hongfire Survivor

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
OK! BaasB Can you please update 1st post? The game has been here on Page 5 for a while now! I'm kinda waiting on a torrent!
Thanks in advance!

eleven

Jun 6, 2017
Ok, I give up on the hard run on first playthrough lol. Maybe it's doable if you start supper optimally, but there just doesn't seem to be enough divisions to defend against so many enemies that just run past at the start. I made 2 strong divisions as a priority and a third decent one after. MC's team attacks whatever is the most troublesome. The other strong team was guarding the entrance... but they can only fight 1 battle per turn, and everything just runs past or starts breaking buildings, so you really gonna need a decent amount of usable divisions. The starting division of shit tier units just won't do anything on hard.

Another mistake was focusing mostly on resource production buildings. I was enticed by the permanent boosts when you win battles, and I kinda spammed some of these resource buildings which don't help defend at all.

If I start over on hard, maybe I can get something going, but I think I'll just do normal first. Normal --> Very Hard was my route on Hollow, so I'll probably do that again.
Opening stages are always very hard with these kind of games because you have limited resources but once more options opens up, it becomes better (still hard enough though)
you can buy rare 2/3 arcanas with blank cards+ether after birthing to unlock better units. build laboratory(construction rank 3) for ether income.
i used aqua team, there might be better teams though. i just used weak starting team as walls/sacrifice so enemies can't destroy my resource rooms or reach floor 2.
And when Milia arrives, reform a super team with Rein carry (charm+wide attack). Use Lucretia's curse skill to Milia's division if you have force and Rein's Bad Moon! for resurrection.
Just don't let her attack any rooms cause she 1shots them.

oh and if you don't have gold to heal before Milia fight, use 200hp item mass heal from prologue rewards.

Last edited:
Reactions: desmosome

qzxc2211

Feb 3, 2018
I also started on hard - no way I can make it the first time, not knowing strats, what to recruit etc. so in the end I used cheat engine to help me with snowball (I was scared of potential content gatekept by difficulty, also normal was too easy as you guys mentioned).

Different mothers have better suited units for them, I compared one unit and Lucretia/Rein as mother - for one I had red and for second yellow "smiley face" when recruiting (birthing), there also was some lore ingame, saying that later on children should be able to inherit some of mother properties, but I don't know how it is implemented, haven't reached that part yet

desmosome You probably figured out by now, that hp loss is most likely from lvling up, your max hp goes up but current stays the same. You can also use shit units as blockers, just create several divisions out of cost 1 units and place them down, they will die, but will stop enemies for a turn, I don't know how viable is this strat for long time though

Honestly the first real test is when fighting Milia, without cheating I would probably be hardstuck here (or lost all eco), as I've beaten her but cutscene or some other bullshit healed her to full (I don't think it was a heal from division on the surface but maybe I just don't know how it exactly works yet), admittedly I didn't decimate/zero out her division

PS. I don't have any cheat table, I just search for values myself

Reactions: desmosome

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
is this game like frontier and hollow in the way that each girl gets a pure and corrupt ending or do they just have 1 each?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I also started on hard - no way I can make it the first time, not knowing strats, what to recruit etc. so in the end I used cheat engine to help me with snowball (I was scared of potential content gatekept by difficulty, also normal was too easy as you guys mentioned).

Different mothers have better suited units for them, I compared one unit and Lucretia/Rein as mother - for one I had red and for second yellow "smiley face" when recruiting (birthing), there also was some lore ingame, saying that later on children should be able to inherit some of mother properties, but I don't know how it is implemented, haven't reached that part yet

desmosome You probably figured out by now, that hp loss is most likely from lvling up, your max hp goes up but current stays the same. You can also use shit units as blockers, just create several divisions out of cost 1 units and place them down, they will die, but will stop enemies for a turn, I don't know how viable is this strat for long time though

Honestly the first real test is when fighting Milia, without cheating I would probably be hardstuck here (or lost all eco), as I've beaten her but cutscene or some other bullshit healed her to full (I don't think it was a heal from division on the surface but maybe I just don't know how it exactly works yet), admittedly I didn't decimate/zero out her division

PS. I don't have any cheat table, I just search for values myself
Usually the strategy in Abyss for Hard was to delay,delay,delay until you setup your gold and mana economy and summon enough of your army.

eleven

Jun 6, 2017
yep. since income is per turn, delay as much as possible until/near turn limit. If you want to S rank, just do trial and error what turn to finish because rating is a mystery in GAiA (for me at least),

Reactions: DuniX

qzxc2211

Feb 3, 2018
I hope gameplay doesn't feels rusty like Frontier after playing Hollow.
Hollow seems to be opus magnum of the english translated games, big part of this game are defensive battles in which you just see post battle screen with results which I am not a huge fan of. I can't even tell if my decoy is placed properly, where are the weak links etc. as I can't see how my stat buffs affect my divisions... How the fuck I am supposed to know what "Mild deffensive effect" room does, or count in my head how command/boost/nighttime affects my units. Only the combat that you can do once per turn lets you actually play, so to see if your division makes sense first you have to throw it against enemies in "Combat" battle and then load...

Idc if it would take shitload of time, why not just let me play all these defensive battles, or at least let me watch my units perform, make it a setting or something if necessary, it would make the game so much better

Anonynous

Nov 28, 2018
I think the translation is not 100% sync with the voice ... Some line is not sync with the feeling of the voice. It's so bad when it happen many times. (for example the dialog is angry but the tone is sweet.)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Opening stages are always very hard with these kind of games because you have limited resources but once more options opens up, it becomes better (still hard enough though)
you can buy rare 2/3 arcanas with blank cards+ether after birthing to unlock better units. build laboratory(construction rank 3) for ether income.
i used aqua team, there might be better teams though. i just used weak starting team as walls/sacrifice so enemies can't destroy my resource rooms or reach floor 2.
And when Milia arrives, reform a super team with Rein carry (charm+wide attack). Use Lucretia's curse skill to Milia's division if you have force and Rein's Bad Moon! for resurrection.
Just don't let her attack any rooms cause she 1shots them.

oh and if you don't have gold to heal before Milia fight, use 200hp item mass heal from prologue rewards.
I have a little OCD and want to clear with S rank and, if possible, no losses in battle. Since I started off sub optimally, without really knowing what to do for a strong start, it was kind of like a compunding effect that makes it really hard to achieve good results.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I have a little OCD and want to clear with S rank and, if possible, no losses in battle. Since I started off sub optimally, without really knowing what to do for a strong start, it was kind of like a compunding effect that makes it really hard to achieve good results.
I don't think you can on hard.

jmailcray

Apr 3, 2018
Here's a save for a fairly large number of the cgs (not all of them)
from the japanese version, found online
goes in documents\dualtail\venusblood_gaia_en

Reactions: Wfire

ndbl1992

Dec 21, 2018
Sorry for my bad English. I have 2 question:
- About Bio Lab effect, do I need to build and fight enemies in the Bio Lab to have x2 Arcana drop or I just need to build it and fight enemies in the same floor ?
- About many building which have increasing production effect, do I have to build them and fight enemies in the same floor to get increase production, or I can build them in one floor, fight enemies in other floor and still get increase production ? ( For example I build Magic Circle in B4 and fight enemies in B1 )
Thanks a lot !

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone cleared the game yet? Can we unlock titles for named units on Chaos route? Looking at the guides, it seems like everyone can get theor titles if you have the affection... except Lala? Does she really require Law route to unlock the title (I assume "ending unlocked" is the title event).

Aloise

Feb 7, 2022
yep. since income is per turn, delay as much as possible until/near turn limit. If you want to S rank, just do trial and error what turn to finish because rating is a mystery in GAiA (for me at least),
The same as hollow - fast finish with minimal number of turns.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just to make sure, we can only make a full attack once per turn? All other battles are the single round ones?

Like if a deployed unit fights anything, it only becomes single round battles?

HHLONG

Feb 14, 2021
just down the game yesterday, play few hour and wtf wrong with this game ??? all i can do is def and wait the enemy come to fuck my ass

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes