desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I was pretty excited about base defense version of Venus Blood, but there are some badly designed mechanics. The biggest blunder seems to be forcing all deployed battles to be encounter battles where they just fight for one round. You can't use any tactical skills, so it renders a lot of the game mechanics moot for the majority of your divisions. Strat support/hinder/barrier are useless. Champion units don't get to use their tactical skills, so it removes a team building consideration. Action boost which gives more rounds are useless. These are only used by your main division that you don't deploy on the map and use to attack something directly each turn.

The game just has a lot less depth than the previous titles I think.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The biggest blunder seems to be forcing all deployed battles to be encounter battles where they just fight for one round. You can't use any tactical skills, so it renders a lot of the game mechanics moot for the majority of your divisions.
Encounter and defense battles had long since worked that way so I am not sure what you are talking about.
The game is absolutely merciful compared to Abyss.

Zethster

Jul 3, 2018
I was pretty excited about this game, but the comments i've read are worrying to say the least, they also decided to release the game with baldur's gate just around the corner, you can't do this to me 9tail

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
Is this a sequel or is the story completely standalone?
According to VNDB, all VenusBlood games are Standalones EXCEPT for VenusBlood Frontier and VenusBlood Ragnarok which are Prequel and Sequel respectively (even though they're 500 years apart of each other) and both VenusBlood Garden games which mash all Male Protags in two very short story fandiscs.

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
What's the point of it anyway?
Really, for an application that needs no integration into the OS (such as a text file opening automatically with Notepad or even deeper integration like audio drivers and whatnot), it's really not offering any benefits over just having the application files is there?

If you want a shortcut on your desktop, just right click & make one. Same for your start menu.
Other than that, I see no other purpose to an installer.

And that's even excluding the annoying bits that tend to come with an installer, where they 'install' stuff into the registry and if you don't have the app 'installed' it won't boot up (looking at you Bible Black & Discipline from back in the day).

If you don't understand the point of it? There's no point in explaining stuff to you... Just stick with your so called ideal pre-installed games crap.

Trying asking GOG.COM whats the point of it all since they all make installer/setup version of their games.

and for the record, I've tried installing Bible Black & Discipline both on Windows 7/10 and I didn't experience anyways issues or whatsoever. Perhaps your PC sucks as a whole.

BlinkA1

Jul 5, 2018
I was pretty excited about this game, but the comments i've read are worrying to say the least, they also decided to release the game with baldur's gate just around the corner, you can't do this to me 9tail
Do you mean Baldur's Gate 3?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
People really need to remember that GAIA is a remake of a build that's older than Hypno, which became HOLLOW.

What this means is that Hypno was massively improved in a lot of ways when compared to the base for this game. When they make the International version, they focus primarily on the translation above everything else, plus bonus scenes and characters for supporters. What this means is that the game isn't getting any actual polish on its gameplay mechanics, so of course it feels worse to play than Hollow from that particular point of view.

Also, GAIA's original is just plain old by any standards. So yeah. If you come from Hollow, gameplay-wise, GAIA will be a worse experience. On the other hand, story and all that jazz. Which is the main reason I'm here. XD

ngayemra

Nov 15, 2017
Hi guys! I clear stage 1 normal in 2 turns and just only grade A, so to get S do i have to finish in turn 1 that idk how to kill all enemy units in 1 turn! Sorry i'm new to this game!

Kaeorica

Jan 15, 2020
1690819373497.png
im crashing with this screen, it's when i finish the dialog box i can't continue and this is happening
any idea ?
i loaded my game "demo" save into the "full" game (not the demo) save folder, maybe it's because of this ?

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
VenusBloodGAIAInternational-1.02
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes