What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
Clearly he lost interest in developing the game and I can understand that. Being enthusiastic in the first half of a project and then loosing interest with time. It happens and I bet these are hard times for everyone more or less.

However I don't know much about programming but this game could be improved even just leaving it similar to how it is.
No more progress in the story-line or whatever but the mechanics could be tweaked.
Would be interesting to elaborate a more sophisticated way to hire girls, randomized or more specific requests from clients and so on...

Has anyone thought of remaking this game from scratches? I mean, don't hate me for saying that, but basically there are tons of girlpacks with materials (videos) divided by folders. Remaking the packs just on different layouts by just moving files and folders wouldn't be that huge effort...

Anyway if someone could figure something out or even better if Tobe is willing to keep developing the game I'd be in helping.
I'm a GFX irl so I could help with interface, layouts, graphics in general and some video editing too.

It would be a pity to let it die like it is...

t727

Jan 4, 2018
NOOO! This game can't die! :(

[edit]
I see now the thread was last updated roughly two months ago, that's fairly recent in software update.

Last edited:

Tobe

Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hey everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to speak here.
As Vicissitudo suspected, I have indeed lost interest in working on the game. I've tried to work on the game during these past two months, but a lack of time during April and some life unpleasantness during May basically stopped me. I should have told you sooner, but I also hoped motivation would come back.

It did not. And it started stressing me out instead of being a fun hobby... So, after some thinking, I decided to take a break for the next months to come, hoping that, in time, I would want to go back on working on the game, maybe after rethinking some things.
So, to be clear, I intend to take a break for an unknown amount of time. Hopefully not forever, but I don't know at this point.
Again, I'm very sorry I didn't speak earlier.

But, I'm also not willing to let the game die like that. I see that there is an interest and that people want more of it. So, what I want to do, is to make the game open source, so that interested people can fork off my code and do their own spin on the game, add and do what they want to the game. And, who knows, seeing people working on the game could motivate me to get back at it.

At the moment, I'm trying to find some time to do just that. If anyone has a suggestion on the best way to do it, I'd be happy to hear them.

As a note, if you are indeed interested in working on the game, do know that it is the work of a beginner in game making, that the game grew way bigger than I expected and got way more functionnalities and general stuff than it was ever designed for. The result is that the code is far from clean, not documented, barely commented and overall messy. I'm not exactly leaving you with an easy task here... But, I'm also willing to help you as much as I can, if you have questions.

As a final note, I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated, criticized, took an interest and/or played the game. Most of you are good people and in the end, the decision to take a long break was hard for me because I didn't want to let you down, since so many people invested their time and energy in the game.
So, basically, thank you, and I'm sorry...

TL;DR : I lost motivation on working on the game, I'm taking a break for an unknown amount of time, but I also intend to make the game open source so that other interested people can keep working on it if they so desire.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Hey everyone!

As Vicissitudo suspected, I have indeed lost interest in working on the game. I've tried to work on the game during these past two months, but a lack of time during April and some life unpleasantness during May basically stopped me. I should have told you sooner, but I also hoped motivation would come back.

It did not. And it started stressing me out instead of being a fun hobby... So, after some thinking, I decided to take a break for the next months to come, hoping that, in time, I would want to go back on working on the game, maybe after rethinking some things.
So, to be clear, I intend to take a break for an unknown amount of time. Hopefully not forever, but I don't know at this point.

But, I'm also not willing to let the game die like that. I see that there is an interest and that people want more of it. So, what I want to do, is to make the game open source, so that interested people can fork off my code and do their own spin on the game, add and do what they want to the game. And, who knows, seeing people working on the game could motivate me to get back at it.

At the moment, I'm trying to find some time to do just that. If anyone has a suggestion on the best way to do it, I'd be happy to hear them.

As a note, if you are indeed interested in working on the game, do know that it is the work of a beginner in game making, that the game grew way bigger than I expected and got way more functionnalities and general stuff than it was ever designed for. The result is that the code is far from clean, not documented, barely commented and overall messy. I'm not exactly leaving you with an easy task here... But, I'm also willing to help you as much as I can, if you have questions.

As a final note, I just want to say thank you to everyone who participated, criticized, took an interest and/or played the game. Most of you are good people and in the end, the decision to take a long break was hard for me because I didn't want to let you down, since so many people invested their time and energy in the game.

TL;DR : I lost motivation on working on the game, I'm taking a break for an unknown amount of time, but I also intend to make the game open source so that other interested people can keep working on it if they so desire.
That's very big of you, and shows a lot of maturity. You've created a wonderful system that lets a ton of people contribute to making a really cool game that even many more people can enjoy. You deserve a ton of credit. Its one of the best games on here, and even in its current form, is one that never really needs to "die", as people can always add more packs.

If someone else wants to take over the game and add their own twist, or to start over with a different vibe, I think that could be awesome too, and its great that you've thrown that out there. I hope that they do, but I'll continue to play the one you've provided indefinately regardless.

Thank you again for all of the work and sharing this with us!

litarrati

Aug 4, 2020
Tobe don't be so hard on yourself. You're working on the game for your personal enjoyment. I think it would be unreasonable for anyone here to expect you to carry that passion for too long. Personally, I thank you for the platform you have created. I look forward to seeing it become open source.

Full disclosure, I used ILSpy and uTinyRipper to extract the game files just to peek at the code and see how hard it might be to reverse engineer. I justify this action because a ton of content has been created by the community for this game and whoever continues development or creates an entirely new version of the game would be silly to ignore all that work and effort.

That being said, the code isn't as bad as you make it sound. I think it's a very maintainable project. You'll get no judgement from me. Besides, anyone who does get judgy about the code or the project is probably just another sexual deviant. How much can their opinion really matter?

As far as how to share the project, Jack-o-nine-tails is on gitgud.io. If Gitgud allows a game like that to be hosted on their platform then Venus's Club should be just fine. Otherwise, just zip up the project folder and throw it up on a file share somewhere.

Whatever you decide, let me know if I can help.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
Tobe as others already said your work is far from being badly made or whatever you said. It's great and the fact so many people talk about it should confirm that to you!

Again, I totally understand being overwhelmed and not being able to fulfill goals or seeing something that you loved slowly becoming an additional stress. I mean I believe everyone has real life duties, job and so on so... don't justify yourself, it's totally understandable.

So first of all I'd say "thank you", thanks for the game, the idea and the effort!

Secondly that's your game and even if you'd decide to let it free to other programmers/users to improve and modify it's still YOUR game. At least from my point of view I believe nobody would appropriate of this game to make it their game.

Actually could be a fun thing where to work together and perhaps you could contribute too, I don't know I'm just saying.
What I wanted to point out with my previous comment is that would be a pity to let it go, and here where comes the help from other users.

I think litarrati somehow offered to help with it and I'd be pleased to contribute as well. We could settle a new thread and put on votes which changes/improvements to do and work together in a non-stressful schedule. That could be fun actually!

Whatever you decide will be fine! Stay well and try to be not too much stressed up! :)

SoulFoZoid

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2017
Hey everyone!

Just finish the storyline with the secretary. Honestly it should be the girl of the week maybe have a bar girl wanting to try out stripping etc. But leaving the story like that and finding another person to finish it won't be the same really.

Oct 25, 2017
I would be terrible at any of the story/design elements but I would be more than happy to help in any of the code/under the hood stuff.

litarrati

Aug 4, 2020
Tobe any news on updates or plans for collaboration or releasing the game as open source?

I don't mean to rush you but this game does sort of scratch an itch that I have yet to see as well implemented in any other game. The combination of tycoon style game mechanics with randomized reward videos of your favorite girls getting down to business is apparently my thing (which I didn't know until I played this game).

Forgive me if it feels like I am applying pressure here, it's not my intention. I am aware of the difficulty managing software projects and I understand why you may be hesitant but, I do think it's important to move on this while there is community interest. Where game development is on hold for an unspecified amount of time, community interest will decay rapidly and it will be difficult to reignite.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes