What would you like me to add to the game in the next update?

• The connection (police) mechanic. This would be a new "currency" and a new batch of upgrades.

• More events and the possiblity for the packmakers to add some in their packs.

• The possbility to train the skills of the girls

• Progress the story and add story missions (mostly focused on Nicole)

• Something else (tell me either by PM or in this thread).

Results are only viewable after voting.

litarrati

Aug 4, 2020
Tobe any news on updates or plans for collaboration or releasing the game as open source?

I don't mean to rush you but this game does sort of scratch an itch that I have yet to see as well implemented in any other game. The combination of tycoon style game mechanics with randomized reward videos of your favorite girls getting down to business is apparently my thing (which I didn't know until I played this game).

Forgive me if it feels like I am applying pressure here, it's not my intention. I am aware of the difficulty managing software projects and I understand why you may be hesitant but, I do think it's important to move on this while there is community interest. Where game development is on hold for an unspecified amount of time, community interest will decay rapidly and it will be difficult to reignite.

Tobe

Game Developer
May 24, 2017
First off, thanks for your responses! People here are good people and that's really nice.

Secondly, I'm still looking into making the source available. I understand that some people want it to be available quickly (for good reasons) but I don't have much time for that at the moment. I aslo want to do it properly and not just dump the code somewhere on the internet, so it takes time. Especially since I've never done something like that... Plus, I also need to take a quick look at the code to at least clean some stuff.

This weekend will again be quite busy for me, but I'll try to make the code available next week asap.
Apologies for taking my time on that.

I'm also interested in seeing if there is a way to coordinate a community (even if it's only 2 people) to work on the game, so that it doesn't end up going towards 10 different games... If anyone has advice/experience for that I'll be happy to read them too.

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
I would like to share some ideas about the future of this game when it comes to using the connection points.
1. That you can buy a licence that will increase the time the club is open.
2. That you can buy a permit that will increase the number of girls that will be active.
3. That using connection points should be like buying personal improvements.

Larslars

Oct 18, 2017
A few other potential upgrades ideas(not necessarily just for connection points) with iffy number balance:
  • A spa that once per day, let's you restores one girl's energy (50?), possibly with upgrades for more girls per day
  • I don't know if Popularity does something already, but it seems like a good stat to attach some benefits. Some options:
    • An upgrade where it makes the next customer arrive sooner, like a girl with 100 popularity would finish and a booth would immediately refill
    • An upgrade that would let Popularity improve money earned by a flat percentage per point
    • Like the above but with reputation/influence/connection
    • A rare chance for a customer to pay extra ($300-$800?) at the end of the day
  • Paired with the Popularity upgrades, a way to increase the rate of Popularity growth
  • A toggleable option to randomize finishes (or based on customer preferences since that's already a thing)
  • More ways to spend reputation, and I think temporary gains fit it best. 25 reputation for double money earned the next day, 20 reputation to halve energy loss the next day, 40 rep to have all customers be cops or mafia for the next day, 10 rep to advertise some random models chosen from the ones that currently have full energy - they earn more money/rep the next night.
  • Increasing max Reputation
And outside of upgrades, a random button during girl recruitment would be really nice.

Cur8t0r

May 26, 2018
Bug report.

Anybody else see where the booth will get stuck on one video and not be random? It's happened to me during a new game on two different girls where they only have two clips in the Dance category. I saw only one clip for each girl 8-9 times in a row. They have been on stage twice now in a new game, the same girl rotating between booth one and two. Openness is up to 13.99. I have yet to see the other video and have only seen the one. This is not happening to girls with more than two clips in the Dance category. Those videos seem to rotate just fine.

asgaurd

Apr 13, 2019
Good, i have seen this project grown bigger and bigger and i'm pretty convinced that you have done an amazing jobs so far, thank you for all =)

Tobe

Game Developer
May 24, 2017
Hey everyone!

I just uploaded the source code on GitHub. But, since I'm not familiar with Git and GitHub, I'm currently still learning how those work before allowing to push something onto the project. I'll try to be ready asap.

For those interested in taking a look at the code, the project's name is VenusClub on GitHub. As I said, I'm still learning, so it might not work properly... If you try it out and find a problem, please report it so I can try and fix it.

And if you're interested, you might be able to use GitHub for Unity to import the project in Unity. That's what I used to publish it.

eneas56

Feb 16, 2021
Yeah... looks really good. Would be nice to freeze time as well and add three more cabins...

ThroneAweigh

Aug 7, 2018
Little bit of an update on my project:
Got a customer system working that requests specific performances like the original game, albeit manually. Still no implementation of global variables like popularity or upgrades, which I should do.
Started working on the girl hiring scene, it manages to load pretty quickly once built. (Roughly 4 seconds for 635 girls)
Implemented loading the portraits and their basic data, as well as button click/arrow key movement.

The biggest pain though was the search.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
C#/Unity has some interesting issues with string concatenation when used with string comparison.

I'd like to do some sort of animation easing for this, like a turntable, but I'm honestly just glad I got the functionality down lmao

I'd be willing to upload this barebones build(just the shop interface) if anyone would be willing to see how it runs on their computer. I've got a Ryzen 3800X, so I know I'm gonna be zippy no matter what.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Little bit of an update on my project:
Got a customer system working that requests specific performances like the original game, albeit manually. Still no implementation of global variables like popularity or upgrades, which I should do.
Started working on the girl hiring scene, it manages to load pretty quickly once built. (Roughly 4 seconds for 635 girls)
Implemented loading the portraits and their basic data, as well as button click/arrow key movement.

The biggest pain though was the search.
View attachment 1235469
C#/Unity has some interesting issues with string concatenation when used with string comparison.

I'd like to do some sort of animation easing for this, like a turntable, but I'm honestly just glad I got the functionality down lmao

I'd be willing to upload this barebones build(just the shop interface) if anyone would be willing to see how it runs on their computer. I've got a Ryzen 3800X, so I know I'm gonna be zippy no matter what.
I'd love to check it out and let you know what I think.

ThroneAweigh

Aug 7, 2018
I'd love to check it out and let you know what I think.
Aight, here you go.

(17MB)

Drag and drop your girlpack folder into VC_Data and you should hopefully be set. This doesn't come with any girlpacks whatsoever.

I made it as lightweight as possible so you could drop it into your Venus Club folder, move the girlpacks in, play with it, then move them out when you're done. Shortcuts don't seem to work.

Left/Right arrow or mouse clicking the buttons moves left and right across performers, typing auto-searches.

If you do try it, tell me how it is loading and if you have any issues with search inputs if you're on a non-qwerty keyboard.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Hey everyone!

I just uploaded the source code on GitHub. But, since I'm not familiar with Git and GitHub, I'm currently still learning how those work before allowing to push something onto the project. I'll try to be ready asap.

For those interested in taking a look at the code, the project's name is VenusClub on GitHub. As I said, I'm still learning, so it might not work properly... If you try it out and find a problem, please report it so I can try and fix it.

And if you're interested, you might be able to use GitHub for Unity to import the project in Unity. That's what I used to publish it.
Great job thank you, my primary interest is in making it playable without the putting things in boxes gameplay, sorry it's hard to do it with 1 hand. So I'll be trying to make a fork that does that.

Reactions: Tinuss

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Hey everyone!

Hi Tobe, thanks for sharing but unfortunately the github is broken. I cannot download the repo because of this error:

Error downloading object: Assets/Dodging Game Resources/Sprites/Icons/Date_eyes.png (1f7ef49): Smudge error: Error downloading Assets/Dodging Game Resources/Sprites/Icons/Date_eyes.png (1f7ef49ad73cfb9047ebf9e3790d0faf029906decda91e33cd8c68ea48a2320e): batch response: This repository is over its data quota. Account responsible for LFS bandwidth should purchase more data packs to restore access.

Can you upload the game code as a zip on a file sharing site or consider using a different git host like gitlab or gitgud.io? Thanks.

ATM this is not working for me.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Just spitballing here, but I'd like to see where clients ask for one of the available girls to perform a task, much like they ask for a drink or cigarette. And if you give them the wrong girl or she isn't available they get pissed off and leave. Adds a layer of game play to the work day.

4.40 star(s) 49 Votes