4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
Really!? Interesting...
I thought he is working with blender and renders with EEVEE or Cycles.
IMO one of the best ways to see if someone uses blender is to look at their earliest works. VG's stuff has got better in terms of movement but the model quality was top tier from day 1, much better than blender anims that long ago.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
IMO one of the best ways to see if someone uses blender is to look at their earliest works. VG's stuff has got better in terms of movement but the model quality was top tier from day 1, much better than blender anims that long ago.
Plus with the fund VG getting. I expected him to invest into better software then blender.

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
Plus with the fund VG getting. I expected him to invest into better software then blender.
Blender is a very good software, it's been used in high production movies (Spider-Man 2 was the first to use blender I think) and is arguably stronger than 3ds/Maya.

Autodesk is only popular because it got there first

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
Blender is a very good software, it's been used in high production movies (Spider-Man 2 was the first to use blender I think) and is arguably stronger than 3ds/Maya.

Autodesk is only popular because it got there first
Yeah. But blender 6 or 7 years ago was not competitive with Maya at all, that was my point with using older animations as a benchmark

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
Yeah. But blender 6 or 7 years ago was not competitive with Maya at all, that was my point with using older animations as a benchmark
I don't think poorly animated animations are a good benchmark for the software.

Last edited:

lev4ik

Apr 12, 2020
Some WIP news:
Now in work:
  • Tifa - all the hardest things have been done, clothes and face rig is left (and it looks like I managed to assemble the wet skin shader correctly.)
  • Brigitte - poster\artwork in new outfit.
  • Tracer - new variations for #68 POV angle and Tracer version of №69 animation.
  • Mei - trying to make some improvements -candle light flickering and water steam. Whatever the outcome, there will be swimsuit and preggo versions.
  • Pharah - draft body is done.
  • Mercy - devil \ imp skin in the early stages of production.

aqs101

Dec 29, 2019
Some WIP news:
Now in work:
  • Tifa - all the hardest things have been done, clothes and face rig is left (and it looks like I managed to assemble the wet skin shader correctly.)
  • Brigitte - poster\artwork in new outfit.
  • Tracer - new variations for #68 POV angle and Tracer version of №69 animation.
  • Mei - trying to make some improvements -candle light flickering and water steam. Whatever the outcome, there will be swimsuit and preggo versions.
  • Pharah - draft body is done.
  • Mercy - devil \ imp skin in the early stages of production.
IMHO, the best Tifa was done by Nagooanimation in his Mako reactor animation, this one looks more like he took his "realistic" Dva face and slapped long hair over it.

Reactions: Gabrielmezabascur

RaidenZ

Aug 11, 2020
IMHO, the best Tifa was done by Nagooanimation in his Mako reactor animation, this one looks more like he took his "realistic" Dva face and slapped long hair over it.
Bulgings Tifa is really good as well. as usual the Body looks pretty nice on VG's model but something about the face is always off

Reactions: wincest666

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
The problem is with OW it's an animated, less detailed face, so some creative change is OK. With Tifa, there is already a very real model that exists in the new FF7 games, and the face on VG's model is nothing at all like hers.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes