4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

sloppy gonzo

Jan 4, 2018
The link in this post is currently not working
Probably reached bandwidth limit or time limit as I'm on a free account.

For now:

Reactions: JoThZ01T

soloride00

Jul 2, 2021
is there a full archive/collection of all turntables outside the one from OP? seems like it is outdated/missing

JohnDonut

Oct 27, 2021
Yea his quality really went downhill, release times as well.
I noticed that when they changed to using more "realistic" hair, something started to look off with the models and then it's the funky expressions now that look creepy more than anything else.

It's a shame as I followed them shortly after Ellowas retired, and thought they were only going upwards from the quality of the earlier works.

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
I noticed that when they changed to using more "realistic" hair, something started to look off with the models and then it's the funky expressions now that look creepy more than anything else.

It's a shame as I followed them shortly after Ellowas retired, and thought they were only going upwards from the quality of the earlier works.
For some reason alot of these animators that hit a home run with reasonably good models feel a need to iterate and constantly make their models ever more realistic when people don't necessarily want their OW characters to look more 'real.' The whole reason they got popular is the animation and art, and he's basically re-making every character in a completely different style (which on its own ALSO massively increases the time it takes for each animation as he re-does every single model he uses every couple months).

JohnDonut

Oct 27, 2021
For some reason alot of these animators that hit a home run with reasonably good models feel a need to iterate and constantly make their models ever more realistic when people don't necessarily want their OW characters to look more 'real.' The whole reason they got popular is the animation and art, and he's basically re-making every character in a completely different style (which on its own ALSO massively increases the time it takes for each animation as he re-does every single model he uses every couple months).
Yeah, it's definitely a trend I've noticed with quite a few animators. I understand someone like Mustard making amendments if he's the creator of the model (adding bones, etc.) but when they go the uncanny valley route, it doesn't always work.

There was an article about OW rule34 and is in line to what you've just said - the reason for the popularity is due to how good the original models or along those lines.

I've seen some D.Va models that look ridiculous - realistic hair in funky colours and her face looking whiter than a geisha. To each their own, but for me, I think it looks horrible as I prefer everything to be as canon as possible when it comes to the looks of the characters.

Don't even get me started on the thicc Melina model that seems to be used a lot - reminds me of the older days of Elizabeth Comstock trying to look for the more authentic model.

Reactions: JoThZ01T
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes