Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
I don't know if it hasn't been finished yet or it's a bug (the game doesn't make it look like error), but the Circe Concentrated Wolf Musk potion has no effect regardless of the PC's gender.

Ps: i think dogs are OP? You order your dog to maul enemy 1 while you take up a defensive stance, and they do for 450 damage.

PSS:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
The battleally logic doesn't update properly with your class until you rethink your allies (aka dismiss them all)
There's 2 methods to fix it:
  • remake from ground up the allies logic using currentAllies and maxAllies variables, the maxAllies value being updated upon leadership stat changes. (high amount of edits)
  • have a recount each time you change the leadership stat, checking all allies possible to have and which one you have with you at the time and continue using the decreasing amount of allies slots.
Ps: i think dogs are OP? You order your dog to maul enemy 1 while you take up a defensive stance, and they do for 450 damage.
the logic of dog/warhound attack is:
C:
rand(15, 30)*warhounds+(packpower*2)-rand(1, 15)
warhounds = number of dogs
packpower = a variable that change depending of story (max = 3)
I see where the problem might be: warhounds aren't attacking individually so the damage is not properly decreased by the minus rand
C:
rand(15, 30)*warhounds+(packpower*2)-rand(1, 15)*warhounds
should fix it

Reactions: Vombatidi

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
done with the leadership stat allies number refresh:
lines: 181 to 187
original:
C:
        else
            skillpoints=skillpoints-tempshop
            Leadership=Leadership+tempshop
            msg'You put <<tempshop>> skillpoints into Leadership. You have <<skillpoints>> left.'

gt $curloc
        end
fixed:
C:
        else
            skillpoints=skillpoints-tempshop
            Leadership=Leadership+tempshop
            msg'You put <<tempshop>> skillpoints into Leadership. You have <<skillpoints>> left.'

! allies slot refresh
            local allyCount = 0
            if AveryAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if AnnetteAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if BillAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if BornAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if childaally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if childbally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if childcally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if childdally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if DoktorAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if gobally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if KitsuneAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if LoksiAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if MeatAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if petzom = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if SolAlly = 1 : allyCount += 1
            if WarhoundAlly >= 1 : allyCount += WarhoundAlly
            if zombiegfally = 1 : allyCount += 1
            ! add other ally here using same scheme

battleally = leadership/5 - allyCount
            KILLVAR 'allyCount'
            if battleally < 0 : msg 'WARNING: current number of allies is higher than max number of allies allowed by leadership stat, please use the rethink allies button in the allies window and report the issue to the author'
            gt $curloc
        end
this is a bit of a pain, is more of a local fix instead of fixing the major issue, but I don't want to rework all the allies location to fix one small bug.

edit: doesn't workj.
I guess I'll have to take a closer look

Last edited:

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
I really need to go through all the combat code and variables and translate so they fraking makes sense to me.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
I really need to go through all the combat code and variables and translate so they fraking makes sense to me.
Yeah, at times it feels like you absolutely need at least 1 dog for DPS because most of your attacks will either miss or not damage most enemies enough before you run out of potions/mana/health/will to live.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
Yeah, at times it feels like you absolutely need at least 1 dog for DPS because most of your attacks will either miss or not damage most enemies enough before you run out of potions/mana/health/will to live.
your hit chance atm for weapons is calculated like so:
C:
promah=rand(1, 20)+((knowledge-10)/2)
if promah<pbonya: 'miss' else 'hit'
(I summarized a bit)
promah is a local variable, not set as local, which determine your hitchance which is compared to pbonya which is your enemy agility value
knowledge is one of your player stat.

It might be possible to add a weapon proficiency in the mix to make it so the more your have used a weapon, the less you miss with it, balancing might be a tad hard tho.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
mmm...
I'm gonna rework the encounter and combat code from the ground up I think.
I'll finish understanding it first so that I can simplify it as much as possible first tho.

Vombatidi

Jul 19, 2021
I inform you only for reasons of duty, that using the celsuis conversion is wrong, always -17 degrees centigrade, which is the temperature in place like Alaska. For the rest there are fewer and fewer errors, which deserves compliments. Or maybe I'm personally slow to discover them because I prefer to play without boosting my pc with steroids to see the general level of difficulty.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
I inform you only for reasons of duty, that using the celsuis conversion is wrong, always -17 degrees centigrade, which is the temperature in place like Alaska. For the rest there are fewer and fewer errors, which deserves compliments. Or maybe I'm personally slow to discover them because I prefer to play without boosting my pc with steroids to see the general level of difficulty.
the formula used is actually correct, the problem is the wrong variable used:
C:
if $temptype='fahrenheit':pl'The temperature outside is: <b><<temp>></b>°F'
if $temptype='celcius': pl 'The temperature outside is: <<(tempview-32)*5/9>>°C'
instead of using the variable temp, it's using the undeclared variable tempview, undeclared variable are always equal to 0 in qsp, so :
(0-32)*5/9=-32*5/9=-160/9=17.777....

Scynth

Aug 26, 2022
I generally love the game but have some bugs to report/suggestions and/or questions
1.people following you tend to dissapear if an event happens
2. there is no way to know whats in your inventory (an overview or at least a tab for quest items) would be nice
3.if you have more than one dog ther is no way to how many dogs you have with you and they alsodont show up as following you
4. multiple enemies attack separately but move with cumulative speed (how are two zombies faster than one zombie)
5. individual enemies like the female gladiator or the necromancer in the well sometimes show up as multiple wich then gang up on you
6. are dogs supposed to attack all at once and not individually ?
7. losing as a goblin leaves you on a whitescreen more often then not
8. ranged weapons (or at least the bow from the shipwreck start )dont work at range which defeats the entire point
9. the manacap removal from the wizard class does not seem to work for me
10. how do I regenerate a reasonable amount of mana without setting up a macro t sleep 50x per second ?
11. it would be great if there was an option to feed the werewolf a gender change potion after defeating them (without losing out on tthe beastmaster mutation)
timely anwers would be apprectated :)

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
2. there is no way to know whats in your inventory (an overview or at least a tab for quest items) would be nice
you can see your full inventory in the footlocker, by sections
3.if you have more than one dog ther is no way to how many dogs you have with you and they alsodont show up as following you
you can see if your dogs help you in battle in the ledger with the "handle your allies in battles" button
6. are dogs supposed to attack all at once and not individually ?
the logic of dog/warhound attack is:
C:
rand(15, 30)*warhounds+(packpower*2)-rand(1, 15)
warhounds = number of dogs
packpower = a variable that change depending of story (max = 3)
I see where the problem might be: warhounds aren't attacking individually so the damage is not properly decreased by the minus rand
C:
rand(15, 30)*warhounds+(packpower*2)-rand(1, 15)*warhounds
should fix it
10. how do I regenerate a reasonable amount of mana without setting up a macro t sleep 50x per second ?
normally that should be handled by sleeping, but atm sleep only work for stamina.
11. it would be great if there was an option to feed the werewolf a gender change potion after defeating them (without losing out on tthe beastmaster mutation)
wolves of the wolf den also can give you that mutation for info.

Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
you can see your full inventory in the footlocker, by sections

you can see if your dogs help you in battle in the ledger with the "handle your allies in battles" button

normally that should be handled by sleeping, but atm sleep only work for stamina.

wolves of the wolf den also can give you that mutation for info.
so, not wanting sound condecending or overbearing here but, seeing how you are looking into the game i have to ask, could you have a look into this if possible?
so my save has completely busted and i have no idea why, seemingly after firestarter questline, or maybe ukon/end of the world, every instance of battle after the first passage or first attack ends with all options of action dissapearing, making any battle imposible to progress, i will post my save here in case if it is salvageble.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
so, not wanting sound condecending or overbearing here but, seeing how you are looking into the game i have to ask, could you have a look into this if possible?
This is why I'm looking at the combat code atm, cuz I encountered that problem. And since the combat code is a copy of someone else's, who was russian, work, this takes a looot of time.
try dismissing your allies using the ledger and go see them to re-get them, it worked for me on my end.

Reactions: Theon3
4.30 star(s) 15 Votes