Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
This is why I'm looking at the combat code atm, cuz I encountered that problem. And since the combat code is a copy of someone else's, who was russian, work, this takes a looot of time.
try dismissing your allies using the ledger and go see them to re-get them, it worked for me on my end.
for now it seem to have worked, thanks.

edit: it seems to be related to bede, after giving her a nun's body, when i have her in the party the bug happens.

Last edited:

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
for now it seem to have worked, thanks.

edit: it seems to be related to bede, after giving her a nun's body, when i have her in the party the bug happens.
mmm... I looked at the code for allyfight (active turn of allies) and there's this tidbit at the end:
C:
elseif succubuslevel>=1:
    facial+bodymess+creampie+analcreampie
    health+=$cumhealing
    if magequest=1: manna+=$cumhealing
    nosha+=$cumhealing
    if magequest=0:
        'Your health and stamina heal for <<$cumhealing>> due to the cum on or in you.'
    else
        'Your health, stamina and mana heal for <<$cumhealing>> due to the cum on or in you.'
    end
    $cumhealing=0
end   
else
    if g>0:dynamic $pydar&exit
    if g<=0:dynamic $battlewin&exit
end
notice the end statement before the else statement? that's not supposed to be there, and if all the elseif aren't used, that should cause a program interruption as there's no way to exit the location.
but that needs to be tested.

Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
how does the seraph lip plays into the game at the moment? i haven't seen it do anything yet, nor it appears into the mutations tab, and the hell lillies that you find in hell supposedly as a cure for it, as a accessorie, does it do anything?

does annabelle, bess's sister, have any sex action? i haven't seen anything for her yet in her menu, or helping the milk farm.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
how does the seraph lip plays into the game at the moment? i haven't seen it do anything yet, nor it appears into the mutations tab, and the hell lillies that you find in hell supposedly as a cure for it, as a accessorie, does it do anything?
Seraph lips symptoms:
cause health reduction when eating (eh)
when you pocket the crown:
C:
                                        if seraphlip>0: 'You also no longer feel the effects of Seraph Lip.'
                                            act 'Pocket the crown':
                                                minut+=rand(10, 15)
                                                succubuscure=1
                                                flowercrown=1
                                                if seraphlip>0: seraphlip=0
                                                gt $locP
                                            end
so simple act of pocketing the flower crown disable it.
oh, and the crown lily has a quest associated with it, it's in relation with a brothel, bandits and some demon pussy.
does annabelle, bess's sister, have any sex action? i haven't seen anything for her yet in her menu, or helping the milk farm.
C:
if milkwork=1 and (AnnabelleBess=0 or AnnabelleBess>1):
    $milkArray[]="annabellemilk"
"annabellemilk" is the one where you can fuck her
BUT
you also need this to be valid:
C:
    if penis>0 and AnnabelleShape=2:
        'She notices you, curling a finger towards her.'
            act 'Fuck Annabelle':
                arousal+=100
so to get annabelleBess>1, you need her to have fought with bess
But, to get AnnabelleShape=2, you need an event with this to be validated:
Code:
if RLDBlonde=1 and AnnabelleShape=0 and AnnabelleBess=2:
and I have not found any instance of RLDBlonde being activated.
so
none for the moment.

Reactions: Theon3

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
Ah fuck, I take a few days off to play Nightingale and there's three new pages.

1. the drones of the artificer class are not collecting resourses even though they consume energy cells, and eve the robot/android inside of the futuristic cabin has disappeared.

2. the brothel quest has a few bugs, i'm on the chosen one start and i'm unable to recuit bill and annette, their event, the one annette nags about the brothel does not trigger, and there is no option to recuit then, i also cannot recruit the frogs's friends after finishing the frogs questline quest and saying the truth (haven't seen if the lie path is the same) there is no way to interact with then in the building, but the other events involvimg then still work.

3. does red has any follow up path after you buy the frog from the city? something from the prison if i remember corectly?

4. also the prison reputation does not change even after beating up half the amount of goblin children my caracter has had, there is also a problem with being arrested, if you just pay the fine and leave, the amount you paid does not count, and if you proceed to enter the prison and then pay to leave, following with you being arrested again without having comitted another crime, you get and error.
1. The materials get sent to a storeroom, which defaults to Dana's shop.

2. I'll take a look, I thought I had it working.

3. Eventually I'll add buying Red as a slave. It's on the list of things to do.

4. I'll take a look at that too, I thought the prison fine system was working fine.

1. I don't know if it hasn't been finished yet or it's a bug (the game doesn't make it look like error), but the Circe Concentrated Wolf Musk potion has no effect regardless of the PC's gender.

2. Ps: i think dogs are OP? You order your dog to maul enemy 1 while you take up a defensive stance, and they do for 450 damage.

3. PSS:
1. Transformations are not in game yet, but I'm working on it. I'm working around trying to make the various races actually do stuff rather than just be visual changes.

2. Dogs are rather overpowered. They are technically demons so I'm constantly torn between "Dogs need a nerf" and "No, the feral wolves need a buff"

3. Fixed, I think.

View attachment 3371401 , somehow broke percy(think scrying in spells) + warehouse storage has no exit
Fixed the casual sex bug. I used a ' instead of an ` for a contraction.

Scyring, and magic, isn't quite finished. I need to redo that whole system.

Fixed warehouse

Warehouse has exit but new storage has no exit in there.
I added an exit.

mmm...
I'm gonna rework the encounter and combat code from the ground up I think.
I'll finish understanding it first so that I can simplify it as much as possible first tho.
My apologies but I must inform you that it makes no sense to me either.

When I made the combat system I was using combat code from Rubedo that was translated from Russian, a guide from Kevin Smarts who works on Girl Life and some guy's blogspot on how he made the combat system in his QSP game.

It's a pretty wild ride.

I inform you only for reasons of duty, that using the celsuis conversion is wrong, always -17 degrees centigrade, which is the temperature in place like Alaska. For the rest there are fewer and fewer errors, which deserves compliments. Or maybe I'm personally slow to discover them because I prefer to play without boosting my pc with steroids to see the general level of difficulty.
I'm trying my best to keep the errors to a minimum. Temperature is supposed to have several variants for different areas, Hell is supposed to be unreasonably hot.

Le_Flemard pointed it out that there was a wrong variable so that's been fixed but I've also added a few more checks to make sure the temperature is correct.

1. how does the seraph lip plays into the game at the moment? i haven't seen it do anything yet, nor it appears into the mutations tab, and the hell lillies that you find in hell supposedly as a cure for it, as a accessorie, does it do anything?

2. does annabelle, bess's sister, have any sex action? i haven't seen anything for her yet in her menu, or helping the milk farm.
1. You get it by becoming a succubus, but the player doesn't need to eat due to being them. If you eat you throw it up.

2. I never updated Annabelle after moving the Red Light District from the slums to Junktown. I'll add her to the list.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
1. You get it by becoming a succubus, but the player doesn't need to eat due to being them. If you eat you throw it up.
for info, if you get the crown before becoming a succubus, you can't cure it as the cure can only be obtained one time, I would fix it like the necromancer curse cure if I were you.

btw, I'm starting to understand fully how combat and encounter work, but to simplify it, I must first know some stuff:
do you want to:
  • have fight with multiple kinds of enemies?
  • have fight with randomized number of enemies or do you prefer specified fights?
  • have the player able to choose which enemy their target?
aka: do you want simple combat & encounter or do you want more depth?

edit: made a basic enemy class (it's technically an array in qsp), most of those stats can be randomized or made dependent of each other for simplification
vincidio battle-Page-2.drawio.png

Last edited:

Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
Ah fuck, I take a few days off to play Nightingale and there's three new pages.

1. The materials get sent to a storeroom, which defaults to Dana's shop.

2. I'll take a look, I thought I had it working.

3. Eventually I'll add buying Red as a slave. It's on the list of things to do.

4. I'll take a look at that too, I thought the prison fine system was working fine.

1. Transformations are not in game yet, but I'm working on it. I'm working around trying to make the various races actually do stuff rather than just be visual changes.

2. Dogs are rather overpowered. They are technically demons so I'm constantly torn between "Dogs need a nerf" and "No, the feral wolves need a buff"

3. Fixed, I think.

Fixed the casual sex bug. I used a ' instead of an ` for a contraction.

Scyring, and magic, isn't quite finished. I need to redo that whole system.

Fixed warehouse

I added an exit.

My apologies but I must inform you that it makes no sense to me either.

When I made the combat system I was using combat code from Rubedo that was translated from Russian, a guide from Kevin Smarts who works on Girl Life and some guy's blogspot on how he made the combat system in his QSP game.

It's a pretty wild ride.

I'm trying my best to keep the errors to a minimum. Temperature is supposed to have several variants for different areas, Hell is supposed to be unreasonably hot.

Le_Flemard pointed it out that there was a wrong variable so that's been fixed but I've also added a few more checks to make sure the temperature is correct.

2. I never updated Annabelle after moving the Red Light District from the slums to Junktown. I'll add her to the list.
so, about the nails and the watermill, i have no idea how many nails i have, or if i have then at all, nor how many can i make at each time per ore thus it is really tricky to know if the water mill is even possible to make due to that as i have used more than 300 ores to make nails and still haven't found the option to construct it.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
fix for contraception not properly expiring:
lines to add:
C:
if pill=1 and daypass=0 and womb=1:
    pill=0
    womb=0
end
and remove those lines from location delivery:
C:
elseif pill=1 and daypass<=0:
    pill=0

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
so, about the nails and the watermill, i have no idea how many nails i have, or if i have then at all, nor how many can i make at each time per ore thus it is really tricky to know if the water mill is even possible to make due to that as i have used more than 300 ores to make nails and still haven't found the option to construct it.
location for building is averon farm (one of the two exterior screen of the farm)
to get the prompt to build a waterwheel, you need to validate this:
C:
if artificer=1 and farmwaterwheel=0:
You can't actually become an artificer atm as there no way to encounter the statue.
there's actually no real way to check how many nails you have made., btw you need 1300 of them.
Solid Snekk any reasons why nails aren't considered an item in the inventory?

Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
location for building is averon farm (one of the two exterior screen of the farm)
C:
You can't actually become an artificer atm as there no way to encounter the statue.
there's actually no real way to check how many nails you have made., btw you need 1300 of them.
wait really? but i have it though, i got it through dana's questiline with the spaceship, when i updated the version to .19 or .18 i unlocked a dialogue with baird that ended me talking with the gargoyle statue, then after 7 or 10 days the statue was there, also the robot that you make in the questline, eve, dissapeared at the same moment when i updated the version.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
wait really? but i have it though, i got it through dana's questiline with the spaceship, when i updated the version to .19 or .18 i unlocked a dialogue with baird that ended me talking with the gargoyle statue, then after 7 or 10 days the statue was there, also the robot that you make in the questline, eve, dissapeared at the same moment when i updated the version.
mmm... either my search in the code was wrong, or the variable name isn't consistent through the whole code, gonna look up dana questline, will be back in a few.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
Theon3 Okay artificer do be working in game (for the story, snake used a decreasing countdown so it was hard to understand the quest progression)
so
you confirmed you are an artificier, so you validated this condition
C:
which mean you got asked to click this action:
C:
        act 'Take notes on the plans':
            minut+=5
            experience+=100
            farmwaterwheel=2
            gt $locP
        end
thus you should validate this condition:
C:
if farmwaterwheel=2:
which mean you should always be able to see this text in the main window in the farm screen:
C:
    'You will need 800 wood, 400 ore and 1600 nails to make a functioning water mill.'&*nl
you thus only need to validate those conditions for the next action:
C:
if inventar[9]>=800 and inventar[10]>=400 and nails>=1600:
inventar[9] is wood, 10 is Ore, nails is nails
so looking at the code for nails:
C:
    if inventar[10]>0:
        act 'Make nails using iron':
            cla
            *clr
            gs 'forgeimg'
            *nl
            'Making nails is not too difficult, but it does take some time to make sure they`re both sturdy and reliable.'
            *nl
            if smithskill>10: 'You make double what you expect, which is convenient.'
                act 'Finish up':
                    if smithskill<25: smithskill+=1
                    inventar[10]-=1
                    nosha-=1
                    minut+=30
                    if smithskill>10:
                        nails+=2
                    else
                        nails+=1
                    end
                    if $loc='prison':
                        prisonfine-=nails*10
                        nails=0
                    end
                    gt 'forging'
                end
            end
        end
    end
first off: the indentation is kinda wonky. maybe one too many end statement that needs to be fixed.

next, if you start from smithingskill=0 (the default)
you first craft 1 nails for 10 times
then you craft them 2 by 2

so, maths now:
1600-10=1590
1590/2=795
795+10=805

This means that, starting at skill 0, you need to consume a grand total of 805 ores.

I gotta admit that's quite too much grindy, might need to setup a nail seller.

Last edited:

Theon3

Sep 28, 2021
Theon3 Okay artificer do be working in game (for the story, snake used a decreasing countdown so it was hard to understand the quest progression)
so
you confirmed you are an artificier, so you validated this condition
C:
which mean you got asked to click this action:
C:
        act 'Take notes on the plans':
            minut+=5
            experience+=100
            farmwaterwheel=2
            gt $locP
        end
thus you should validate this condition:
C:
if farmwaterwheel=2:
which mean you should always be able to see this text in the main window in the farm screen:
C:
    'You will need 800 wood, 400 ore and 1600 nails to make a functioning water mill.'&*nl
you thus only need to validate those conditions for the next action:
C:
if inventar[9]>=800 and inventar[10]>=400 and nails>=1600:
inventar[9] is wood, 10 is Ore, nails is nails
so looking at the code for nails:
C:
    if inventar[10]>0:
        act 'Make nails using iron':
            cla
            *clr
            gs 'forgeimg'
            *nl
            'Making nails is not too difficult, but it does take some time to make sure they`re both sturdy and reliable.'
            *nl
            if smithskill>10: 'You make double what you expect, which is convenient.'
                act 'Finish up':
                    if smithskill<25: smithskill+=1
                    inventar[10]-=1
                    nosha-=1
                    minut+=30
                    if smithskill>10:
                        nails+=2
                    else
                        nails+=1
                    end
                    if $loc='prison':
                        prisonfine-=nails*10
                        nails=0
                    end
                    gt 'forging'
                end
            end
        end
    end
first off: the indentation is kinda wonky. maybe one too many end statement that needs to be fixed.

next, if you start from smithingskill=0 (the default)
you first craft 1 nails for 10 times
then you craft them 2 by 2

so, maths now:
1600-10=1590
1590/2=795
795+10=805

This means that, starting at skill 0, you need to consume a grand total of 805 ores.

I gotta admit that's quite too much grindy, might need to setup a nail seller.
thanks, now i know how much i need, but god DAWM thats a lot of nails or rather ores, it would be better if instead of having a shop for nails, the number of nails you make is based on your smithing skill, so every 100 smithing you make 5 nails per ore, then at level 100 you make 5 nails, at 200 you make 10 and so on, as each drone you make provide 3 smithing skill, it would become way more manegeable grind, maybe reduce the amount of ore you need to make a drone, as 25 ores is quite expensive to start if you haven't dabled in smithing before.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
thanks, now i know how much i need, but god DAWM thats a lot of nails or rather ores, it would be better if instead of having a shop for nails, the number of nails you make is based on your smithing skill, so every 100 smithing you make 5 nails per ore, then at level 100 you make 5 nails, at 200 you make 10 and so on, as each drone you make provide 3 smithing skill, it would become way more manegeable grind, maybe reduce the amount of ore you need to make a drone, as 25 ores is quite expensive to start if you haven't dabled in smithing before.
you can get ores easily by dismantling drops of enemy (you need to have steal enabled)

Last edited:

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
Here's how a full enemy stat location would appear in my modified battle system:
vincidio battle-enemy.drawio.png
(TBD = to be determined, I also replaced physical and magical attack by action array in case you want the enemy to wants to flee or something, the different actions I put in for wolf are for example sake)
edit: zoups, I forgot to add a position value (to determine how far the enemy is from the player), well that's what iterating is for.

Last edited:

Solid Snekk

Game Developer
May 5, 2017
I changed the wording to say how many you need on site. I also added nails as a tracker to the inventory.

C:
When I was working on crafting initially it wouldn't properly change the inventar value but now upon testing it does. Fixed and added a cheat button in the test passage to allow people to transmute old nails into the new variable.

Added more nails when crafting(just your crafting level halved), and you can now buy and sell nails.

With the fact that they collect resources every hour a single drone pays for itself, that's why I chose 25 as the resource count. With the other drones I have planned they are going to exponentially grow and get out of hand.

It's why I haven't touched the ocean yet as the player can potentially drain the ocean of fish, the land of wheat and the forests of animals.

Here's how a full enemy stat location would appear in my modified battle system:

(TBD = to be determined, I also replaced physical and magical attack by action array in case you want the enemy to wants to flee or something, the different actions I put in for wolf are for example sake)
edit: zoups, I forgot to add a position value (to determine how far the enemy is from the player), well that's what iterating is for.
I can honestly say that you saved this project once by teaching me how to use arrays, something I've begun using everywhere at this point.

Fixing the combat distance and elemental/magical weaknesses would be fantastic if you could manage it but you really don't have to.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
Okay, here's the diagram for battle actions, they are both for the player, their allies, and their enemies:
vincidio battle-action.drawio (1).png
greyed = not always present
bold = function disguised as string (aka dynamic function)
italic = variable dependent of previous function

This should encompass all battle actions, which mean:
  • player choosing to attack
  • choosing a target
  • choosing to go to item window
  • choosing an item to use
  • choosing to go closer/farther
  • choosing to retreat
  • enemy using attacking
  • enemy using a skill
  • ally attacking
  • ally using a skill
with this it's also possible to implement allies health, level, etc... if necessary.
...and I forgot to add two flag variables to make sure it run smoothly.
I blame the weather.

Last edited:

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
how much gay male content is there? is there mpreg? can i be a male sub getting dominated/raped whatever?
well, there's a 2 npcs that can be transformed into male and sexed, there's also trap characters. There's no male womb coded ingame atm. You can get raped as a male when you loose a fight...
I think the default is losing rape = sub, friendly sex = dom.

Le_Flemard

Jul 30, 2021
preview of how a battle will work
vincidio battle-Page-4.drawio (1).png
this is the planning phase where the player and the controllable allies, the uncontrolled allies, and the enemies will choose what action they will perform at the start of a combat turn.
The sort at the end will choose depending of action speed + entity speed in what order the actions will be executed in the active phase.
This means that fast enemies will damage you if you're too slow to take them out before their attack (like wolves by examples) while you might be able to make a slower enemy pass their turn if you use the right skill.
This also means that if you're fast enough you can put distance between you and the enemy, making them loose their turn if you have gone outside their chosen action.

Honestly, what will take me the most of time for coding is implementing that sort array function as qsp doesn't have an integrated sort algorithm.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes