• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
:FacePalm:
Who says they are mutually exclusive? Have you been a slut..then you get slut points...you have specific lesbian points for *shrugs*

This isn't rocket science....
The slut points would be mutually exclusive with the good girl points, but this is not the case and how do you explain this? To me that means they don't count for anything.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Again, I'm hiding my response on this behind a spoiler warning so that someone looking through this thread for specific info doesn't accidentally read any of it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Speaking from experience. I have jumped straight into bed with a guy, I met like an hour before, on more than one occasion. If you're really attracted to someone for whatever reason, it's not really that hard to imagine why you would do it. Just imagine it's not Victoria for a minute, but some hot girl you met at a party, and you've been drinking and she's made it clear she wants you. Are you saying you definitely wouldn't do it, because you want to take things slow? In such situations logic doesn't apply very often. It's easy to say that when you're viewing it dispassionately like we are. But in the heat of the moment, even someone as innocent as Victoria, might want to do something naughty and out of character. And at least one version of Victoria does fancy Michael, because he's so confident, masculine and charismatic. He's the total opposite of Lucas in every way, and that's what makes him so appealing to her. Whereas David is just an upgrade on Lucas ( Lucas plus).

It doesn't really matter whether she's had a few experiences by that point, because she's definitely not become comfortable with being that way. She still feels very guilty, and she doesn't really know what she feels about her and Lucas. Until she has sex with him again, and she can make a direct comparison with how he makes her feel and how those other characters did, she still has this idea in her head, that it was ok when she did it with Lucas and that he gave her that extra something because they were both in love, that other people couldn't. Only by having sex with him again, could she see clearly, that that extra something was now absent, and her feelings of love had evaporated. Before that she wasn't sure, afterwards she was. From that point on, she knows deep down that her and Lucas have no future, even if she feels too guilty to admit it totally to herself. And so she stays with him, until she's finally ready to acknowledge it.

Personally, I don't understand why you would object so strongly to her having a sex scene with her boyfriend? Such scenes are pretty much standard in the early part of these types of games. It certainly wasn't forced on Victoria. She did it quite willingly. And it's something that most people who play these types of games would expect to happen, even if there was a lesbian route. Because she wouldn't start as a lesbian, but a girl having a conventional sexual relationship with her boyfriend.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Lots of VN's give you the option to 'tell your BF you have a headache' lol....I find this even funnier on a FMC game...so can still cheat etc...but you can avoid the BF you have been lumbered with from the start (which starting a VN with a pre-existing relationship is always, always tricky, so you need ways to get out of it/avoid it if you wish).

So agree with you...forcing it...again as I said earlier...the dev needs to come clean with what his vision is...people can then stop assuming or hoping for things...and then stay or leave.
Lot's of games do that. But it's not what Victoria would do. The way the Dev has constructed her personality, means she would feel exceptionally guilty about denying Lucas at that point. I think there are just some things in games, that you just have to live with, regardless of whether it's your particular thing or not. You can always just skip the actual sex if it's too much for you. But I think Victoria would have a lot more of headache, if she hadn't allowed Lucas to have sex with her at that point. Afterwards, she knows with certainty that it's not the same anymore, and in her own mind at least, she now has a reasonable excuse for trying to avoid it in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obranyi

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Speaking from experience. I have jumped straight into bed with a guy, I met like an hour before, on more than one occasion. If you're really attracted to someone for whatever reason, it's not really that hard to imagine why you would do it. Just imagine it's not Victoria for a minute, but some hot girl you met at a party, and you've been drinking and she's made it clear she wants you. Are you saying you definitely wouldn't do it, because you want to take things slow? In such situations logic doesn't apply very often. It's easy to say that when you're viewing it dispassionately like we are. But in the heat of the moment, even someone as innocent as Victoria, might want to do something naughty and out of character. And at least one version of Victoria does fancy Michael, because he's so confident, masculine and charismatic. He's the total opposite of Lucas in every way, and that's what makes him so appealing to her. Whereas David is just an upgrade on Lucas ( Lucas plus).

It doesn't really matter whether she's had a few experiences by that point, because she's definitely not become comfortable with being that way. She still feels very guilty, and she doesn't really know what she feels about her and Lucas. Until she has sex with him again, and she can make a direct comparison with how he makes her feel and how those other characters did, she still has this idea in her head, that it was ok when she did it with Lucas and that he gave her that extra something because they were both in love, that other people couldn't. Only by having sex with him again, could she see clearly, that that extra something was now absent, and her feelings of love had evaporated. Before that she wasn't sure, afterwards she was. From that point on, she knows deep down that her and Lucas have no future, even if she feels too guilty to admit it totally to herself. And so she stays with him, until she's finally ready to acknowledge it.

Personally, I don't understand why you would object so strongly to her having a sex scene with her boyfriend? Such scenes are pretty much standard in the early part of these types of games. It certainly wasn't forced on Victoria. She did it quite willingly. And it's something that most people who play these types of games would expect to happen, even if there was a lesbian route. Because she wouldn't start as a lesbian, but a girl having a conventional sexual relationship with her boyfriend.
That's fine and all, but everything you said is irrelevant to my point though. It doesn't matter what you've done IRL, and it doesn't matter what I would do IRL.
I chose to not have sex with Michael, the reasoning behind my decision is not important. What's important, is that my decision caused the game to force a character (David) on me who I had already rejected, which is an inherent flaw in the game itself and trying to justify it through real life experiences doesn't change that fact.
In a choice driven AVN, you should never get a character forced on you if you were previously given (and made) the choice to reject that character. If the game is just going to ignore the fact that you're clearly not interested in a character, then why present us with the option to reject them in the first place?

You were the one who said "One assumes this will eventually lead to Victoria having sex with other guys", which is what I responded to. My point was that there's no need for that scene to lead to that, because that has already been happening for some time at that point in the game.
As far as the scene itself goes, no matter how logical it may seem to you, this is still a game based around the choices the player makes. There is absolutely no reason why that scene needed to be unavoidable, and that's all there is to it. It takes away a ton of player agency which happens to be why a lot of us (probably even most of us) play this type of game instead of kinetic novels.

The reason I object to it is because Lucas is an incredibly unlikable character, and when I finally thought to be rid of him he suddenly shows up and we're hit with one of the most cringy sex scenes between the MC and her doormat of a "boyfriend" I've ever seen in an AVN. It literally adds nothing of value to the game, and I'm sure plenty of people feel that way. Even though the scene wasn't forced on Victoria, it was forced on us, the players..
The biggest problem isn't even that that scene is in the game, the biggest problem is the fact that we don't get the option to avoid it. I could repeat what I said about this being a choice driven game and all that but I think you probably get my point by now.

I could ask you the same thing by the way.. Why do you object so strongly to me wanting an option to avoid certain sex scenes in a choice driven AVN? Why do you feel the need to justify bad design choices by applying your own real life experiences to any of the issues I've brought up? Such a question really goes both ways, as you can see.

grumpyoldcat

Apr 30, 2020
That's fine and all, but everything you said is irrelevant to my point though. It doesn't matter what you've done IRL, and it doesn't matter what I would do IRL.
I chose to not have sex with Michael, the reasoning behind my decision is not important. What's important, is that my decision caused the game to force a character (David) on me who I had already rejected, which is an inherent flaw in the game itself and trying to justify it through real life experiences doesn't change that fact.
In a choice driven AVN, you should never get a character forced on you if you were previously given (and made) the choice to reject that character. If the game is just going to ignore the fact that you're clearly not interested in a character, then why present us with the option to reject them in the first place?

You were the one who said "One assumes this will eventually lead to Victoria having sex with other guys", which is what I responded to. My point was that there's no need for that scene to lead to that, because that has already been happening for some time at that point in the game.
As far as the scene itself goes, no matter how logical it may seem to you, this is still a game based around the choices the player makes. There is absolutely no reason why that scene needed to be unavoidable, and that's all there is to it. It takes away a ton of player agency which happens to be why a lot of us (probably even most of us) play this type of game instead of kinetic novels.

The reason I object to it is because Lucas is an incredibly unlikable character, and when I finally thought to be rid of him he suddenly shows up and we're hit with one of the most cringy sex scenes between the MC and her doormat of a "boyfriend" I've ever seen in an AVN. It literally adds nothing of value to the game, and I'm sure plenty of people feel that way. Even though the scene wasn't forced on Victoria, it was forced on us, the players..
The biggest problem isn't even that that scene is in the game, the biggest problem is the fact that we don't get the option to avoid it. I could repeat what I said about this being a choice driven game and all that but I think you probably get my point by now.

I could ask you the same thing by the way.. Why do you object so strongly to me wanting an option to avoid certain sex scenes in a choice driven AVN? Why do you feel the need to justify bad design choices by applying your own real life experiences to any of the issues I've brought up? Such a question really goes both ways, as you can see.
I brought up this point months ago, the lack of player agency. So, it kind of saddens me that it is still an issue after an update has occurred. Or maybe it needs more updates, then hey presto, player choice is an actual thing?

Thankfully, there's lots of other fish in the AVN sea!

Reactions: Balbaar

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022

You say you rejected David. But the only way to reject him, is to choose Michael instead. What you mean is, you thought you had rejected him, by not making positive choices associated with him. But as you've discovered that doesn't have any effect on whether you ultimately end up with him. The only way to avoid him, for better or worse, is to choose to have sex with Michael instead. So in reality you did choose David, because you decided not to choose Michael. We make choices, we may not like the outcomes, but ultimately where we end up is down to us and nobody else.

You keep saying you were given the choice to reject David, outside of you're decision to have sex with Michael, but you weren't. There's no place in the game, where it says make this choice and you won't end up with David. That was just your mistaken assumption. The only way not to end up with David, is to have sex with Michael. So please stop claiming that some other choice to achieve this exists, because it doesn't. The game requires that you have sex with one of those men. You may prefer that didn't happen, just like there are things I prefer happened differently, but as things stand there is no other option. But to play the game the way it is, or not play it at all.

Regardless, of whether you think the Lucas sex scene is necessary or not. Somehow, I don't think the Dev is going to go back and change it. In fact, I personally would be upset if he went back and wasted his time on something so trivial, instead of moving the game forward. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and accept you can't have things the way you want. And I fundamentally disagree anyway, because Victoria would never have done, what you want her to do. You set the game up in a certain way, and that leads to certain outcomes, which some people may not like. Just because a game is a choice driven VN, doesn't mean that the player should automatically be allowed to do whatever he or she wants. The Dev has decided that Victoria has to go through that scene, and you as the player just have to accept it, whether you agree with it or not. I could just as easily say that I want Victoria's corruption to go faster, and I'm guessing from your previous comments you'd disagree with that. But if you can have what you want, why shouldn't I be able to have what I want? And the answer is very simple, you often can't, because the Dev has his own opinion about how he wants his game to develop. And in the final analysis, it's the only opinion that matters.

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I brought up this point months ago, the lack of player agency. So, it kind of saddens me that it is still an issue after an update has occurred. Or maybe it needs more updates, then hey presto, player choice is an actual thing?

Thankfully, there's lots of other fish in the AVN sea!
There are player choices. Just not the ones that you want. The only way you and Balbaar get what you want, is if the Dev starts again from scratch, which I'm guessing nobody actually wants. So I guess you're stuck with the game in it's current format. You have to choose Michael or David, the Lucas sex scene is compulsory and there isn't going to be a separate lesbian route. Those things are now set in stone, and you just have to accept it, or not and play something else.

Last edited:

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
You say you rejected David. But the only way to reject him, is to choose Michael instead. What you mean is, you thought you had rejected him, by not making positive choices associated with him. But as you've discovered that doesn't have any effect on whether you ultimately end up with him. The only way to avoid him, for better or worse, is to choose to have sex with Michael instead. So in reality you did choose David, because you decided not to choose Michael. We make choices, we may not like the outcomes, but ultimately where we end up is down to us and nobody else.

You keep saying you were given the choice to reject David, outside of you're decision to have sex with Michael, but you weren't. There's no place in the game, where it says make this choice and you won't end up with David. That was just your mistaken assumption. The only way not to end up with David, is to have sex with Michael. So please stop claiming that some other choice to achieve this exists, because it doesn't. The game requires that you have sex with one of those men. You may prefer that didn't happen, just like there are things I prefer happened differently, but as things stand there is no other option. But to play the game the way it is, or not play it at all.

Regardless, of whether you think the Lucas sex scene is necessary or not. Somehow, I don't think the Dev is going to go back and change it. In fact, I personally would be upset if he went back and wasted his time on something so trivial, instead of moving the game forward. Sometimes you just have to suck it up, and accept you can't have things the way you want. And I fundamentally disagree anyway, because Victoria would never have done, what you want her to do. You set the game up in a certain way, and that leads to certain outcomes, which some people may not like. Just because a game is a choice driven VN, doesn't mean that the player should automatically be allowed to do whatever he or she wants. The Dev has decided that Victoria has to go through that scene, and you as the player just have to accept it, whether you agree with it or not. I could just as easily say that I want Victoria's corruption to go faster, and I'm guessing from your previous comments you'd disagree with that. But if you can have what you want, why shouldn't I be able to have what I want? And the answer is very simple, you often can't, because the Dev has his own opinion about how he wants his game to develop. And in the final analysis, it's the only opinion that matters.
Just to make this clear, that's now how an actual choice works. Just because I decide to not eat a piece of cheese, does not mean I instead automatically end up with an apple in my mouth. I did not choose David, the game chose him for me and that's what I have an issue with. Just needed to point that out since you seem to be confusing 'choice' with 'predetermined consequence'.
Yes, the game works the way it works. I don't like the way it works, I think it's bad game design, and I'm voicing that opinion here on a thread that is meant for discussing these things. You're of course free to disagree with me, but saying things like "that's just how the game works" doesn't add anything to the discussion.

"but ultimately where we end up is down to us and nobody else". Well that's exactly my problem, now isn't it.. Because it's not down to us, seeing as the game already decided for us. And I'm sorry but are you even paying attention? Because I never claimed that some other choice to reject David (his path, since I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) exists, that's literally what half of my lengthy complaint was about...

The game does indeed not specify that "if you make X choice, you won't end up with David", but we do in fact specifically get the option to reject him the first time he asks us out for coffee. I now know that choice to be completely meaningless, and it shouldn't even be in the game as it only serves to confuse and trick the player into thinking they can avoid David's path by rejecting him.
In most (if not all) AVNs, that kind of choice is a means for the game to recognize you're not interested in that character and then takes you off that character's path, or at least makes it less likely for you to end up on that path. So I don't think it was that much of a stretch for me to assume that to be the case here as well, especially when you take the relationship points into account...

I'm not going to repeat what I've already said about the Lucas scene as I've already said my piece on that. Obviously everything you're saying boils down to you disagreeing with me because you have a certain image in your head of what Victoria is like. You've made your point, I disagree with your point and you disagree with mine. There's no reason to keep discussing it because at this rate we'll just keep going back and forth for eternity.

The only way you and Balbaar get what you want, is if the Dev starts again from scratch, which I'm guessing nobody actually wants.
Not true, David's path is already avoidable by having sex with Michael. So all the dev would have to do is make it so that if you reject his initial invitation to have coffee with him, you get taken off that path regardless of whether or not you've had sex with Michael. No need to start from scratch in any way since there's already a version in which David's path is excluded.

The same thing goes for the scene with Lucas. I haven't seen any references to that scene after it happening (besides maybe a few lines of dialogue with Carly, not sure), so adding a choice to that scene wouldn't require any significant changes to be made to the rest of the game. So again, no need to start from scratch whatsoever.

Reactions: palmtrees89
Jan 13, 2021
It took me 1 Hour of my Time and UnRen 1.0....and BAM....no more forced David...or this Douchebag MIchael....and the Story flows surprisingly good without them. And the best part is...no more logical Errors (if you reject David AND Michael) in MY Gameplay (good Girl path). This is fun. I like this game....now! :whistle:

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
It took me 1 Hour of my Time and UnRen 1.0....and BAM....no more forced David...or this Douchebag MIchael....and the Story flows surprisingly good without them. And the best part is...no more logical Errors (if you reject David AND Michael) in MY Gameplay (good Girl path). This is fun. I like this game....now! :whistle:
Hooray for you and us! So glad, can you send it to all the other whiners please:ROFLMAO:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Just to make this clear, that's now how an actual choice works. Just because I decide to not eat a piece of cheese, does not mean I instead automatically end up with an apple in my mouth. I did not choose David, the game chose him for me and that's what I have an issue with. Just needed to point that out since you seem to be confusing 'choice' with 'predetermined consequence'.
Yes, the game works the way it works. I don't like the way it works, I think it's bad game design, and I'm voicing that opinion here on a thread that is meant for discussing these things. You're of course free to disagree with me, but saying things like "that's just how the game works" doesn't add anything to the discussion.

"but ultimately where we end up is down to us and nobody else". Well that's exactly my problem, now isn't it.. Because it's not down to us, seeing as the game already decided for us. And I'm sorry but are you even paying attention? Because I never claimed that some other choice to reject David (his path, since I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) exists, that's literally what half of my lengthy complaint was about...

The game does indeed not specify that "if you make X choice, you won't end up with David", but we do in fact specifically get the option to reject him the first time he asks us out for coffee. I now know that choice to be completely meaningless, and it shouldn't even be in the game as it only serves to confuse and trick the player into thinking they can avoid David's path by rejecting him.
In most (if not all) AVNs, that kind of choice is a means for the game to recognize you're not interested in that character and then takes you off that character's path, or at least makes it less likely for you to end up on that path. So I don't think it was that much of a stretch for me to assume that to be the case here as well, especially when you take the relationship points into account...

I'm not going to repeat what I've already said about the Lucas scene as I've already said my piece on that. Obviously everything you're saying boils down to you disagreeing with me because you have a certain image in your head of what Victoria is like. You've made your point, I disagree with your point and you disagree with mine. There's no reason to keep discussing it because at this rate we'll just keep going back and forth for eternity.

Not true, David's path is already avoidable by having sex with Michael. So all the dev would have to do is make it so that if you reject his initial invitation to have coffee with him, you get taken off that path regardless of whether or not you've had sex with Michael. No need to start from scratch in any way since there's already a version in which David's path is excluded.

The same thing goes for the scene with Lucas. I haven't seen any references to that scene after it happening (besides maybe a few lines of dialogue with Carly, not sure), so adding a choice to that scene wouldn't require any significant changes to be made to the rest of the game. So again, no need to start from scratch whatsoever.
I think we should agree to disagree, before the moderators decide for us.

• Haha
Reactions: wildride69

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
I think we should agree to disagree, before the moderators decide for us.
That's fine by me, at least regarding the Lucas stuff. I don't think you disagree all that much with me on the other issues I mentioned though, because I've seen you make some very similar arguments regarding a possible lesbian path. So I'm not too sure why you're pushing back so hard when it's about Michael and/or David.

As far as the moderators go, I can't see them having much of an issue with our discussion considering we've been keeping it quite civil and haven't gone off-topic arguing about something unrelated to the game.

Reactions: palmtrees89

twiz4

Oct 28, 2019
Man, I'm right there with those who feel a bit... bothered by this game. Mainly how choices seem to be made for you in pushing you toward David, and how the Lesbian options appear fruitless outside of some fantasizing. But, if the Version 0.55 is any indication, there's a long way to go. Though I hope choices matter more moving forward.

3.90 star(s) 37 Votes