Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
It all started with an eye surgery in somewhat around early 2018 that got him almost blind (as he said), and from that on he started vanishing from time to time. He clearly will not tell, what's his issues are, so do not care anymore. When an update comes ok, when not, well... other Dev's have nice games too.
Yeah I remember. I'm not asking about what their word is, I'm asking their patterns. Generally scammer and liar devs have a pattern that's easy to follow. This guy is a nomad. He's got no patterns except what you said, but even then there's no pattern. Last time he came back he did several updates on time and vanished.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
He couldn't have just done the renders in a night. I was agreeing with you, until he showed off the renders

I'm guessing lazines or alcohol at this point
Anyone can make a few renders over the course of several months and post them. That's a very naive way of looking at it.

One dev posted constant renders for a game called Holy Slaves but it got abandoned because they hadn't been working on it, just made a few pretty pictures to keep gullible paytrons throwing money at them.

The only pattern he has is his patron money has gone from 1500 to 300.

This is his way of getting more.

StonedWatcher

May 18, 2017
So, how big are the chances that this is new gumdrops? When should people stop believing there will be more, a week or a month or?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Getting an Abandoned tag is a pretty big indicator of just how much time has elapsed since a dev's last posted update.
If a dev wants to relaunch a game then relaunch it, put out a finished product, but releasing a few renders while making promises seems to be a little suspicious.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Getting an Abandoned tag is a pretty big indicator of just how much time has elapsed since a dev's last posted update.
If a dev wants to relaunch a game then relaunch it, put out a finished product, but releasing a few renders while making promises seems to be a little suspicious.
They are no professionals, so they might have no experience how to handle public relations. Most of them do a pretty bad job in that field, that is why professional companys have devisions for that. a private person cannot handle this on a expected level. Even weekly or monthly (status)-updates are roughly done by most indie devs.

The old render release.

What's really sad is there are people gullible enough to believe a dev is working hard if they release a couple of pictures.
Expertlevel=Gumdrop Games (Master of Scam)

Reactions: I.W.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
True, but many devs are able to keep fans informed, put out regular updates, explain (not make an excuse) why an update will be late, and work to get out their game.
Again game got to the point of being considered abandoned.

StonedWatcher

May 18, 2017
I would say, always give creators (no mather how absent they've been), 1-2 weeks from posting before saying that you shouldn't have hope of an update. No, it's not ok but at the same time, you can never be 100% sure they're bullshitting until shown different. In Marvels case he hasn't done a gumdrop games scam yet (as far as I know) and actually set a release date. Give him a week. If no updates or living sign of him you can probably think of him as a gumdrop games creator.

In my case I might be seen as hopeful for a lost cause, but at the same time I really think this game has some of the best models that no one else has copied (yet) and therefore want it to become something. And even without the models, in this case, I think the first paragraph is accurate.

Please correct me if you know he's done this before so other people can also see!(y)

As an edit I might add that creators that care for their fanbase should at least pause patronage while not planning to make an update. So yes, in this case you can say that Marvel is scummy.

Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
always give creators
He had a chance, he messed it up. His Patreon went from 1500 to 300 and suddenly he appears again.

It's not my job to give anyone a chance, it's the creators job to prove they deserve one.

If he comes out with an update then i'll give him the benefit of the doubt but I believe nothing until I see it.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I think too many devs are too far reaching when they create a game, instead of constructing a manageable plot and story they try to make some multi-character opus that they soon are unable to maintain.
Keep it simple and keep in mind your actual abilities, not your perceived abilities.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes