3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I shouldn't answer this but I will I am on 134th for bug hunting and other exploit finds..

Which by the way I figured out how to clip into the homes last night XD
That's a lot of tries :OhMyGoodness:
If you can tell me how to trigger the last bug with the house I'm going to fix it ASAP.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
That's a lot of tries :OhMyGoodness:
If you can tell me how to trigger the last bug with the house I'm going to fix it ASAP.
I manged to clip both under the world and into the home by jumping and running around the interactable hay stack in the back of the middle house I am pretty sure.

Willbonney

Oct 2, 2017
Please do me a favour and stop it right there. I don't want to point my finger at your comments, to not give you the feeling I'd pick on you. I'm not like that. You're a new member and I want you to enjoy your stay here, too.

If you want do some research first. Please don't confuse sources, and don't happily mix it all in like this. Even more, historical accounts spanning centuries and personal experiences in our 21st century (esp. of female behaviour, which you stressed - does explain what, exactly?).
Truth be told, devs may be no experts in Norse history I get, every advice given they'd appreciate. But some here may know some stuff for real, Will. No harm intended buddy, just don't come along unprepared. Give me bit hope with the goosebumps.

At least you correctly mentioned thralls as a term, an info the devs can and should work with. Most definitely individuals had such a position because the Norse did not have a concept of 'serfdom' (itself a neologism btw, I'd rather prefer socage) as had been established in large parts of Europe with time. But thralls are distinguishably different from 'indentured servants' (which you mentioned, other period) resp., as a rule, one may link them to 'bonded labour' practices.
I don't know exactly what research I need to do. Hollywood films are a form of entertainment, but those set in historical times do try to do some research themselves, especially those that use actors who are the "villains" from the areas they are depicting, so as not to offend the actors themselves, or the people from those places. Specifically Mads Mikkelsen, a Dane, and Stellan Skarsgard, a Swede, and the actor who voiced that line I'm referring to. And I really don't think Stellan would have voiced it if there wasn't a significant reason behind it.

The reason I related thralls to indentured servants was to try to differentiate the practice from slavery in North America, and their indentured servitude practice. I believe that's where these developers are from, but I guess that's my own assumptions based on what I've seen in the game and what they've posted, maybe they aren't. But again, a thrall could have money. A thrall could have and carry a weapon. A thrall had a basic form of rights, and though owned, they were still thought of as people, just not very well respected.

And behavior of a culture does actually span centuries. I know the U.S. isn't that old to have a deep-rooted cultural past, unless you want to include the few million tribal folks living on the reservations, but other places do. And Scandinavia and the culture of women there being the equal of a man is deeply rooted, more so than any other area I have been to in the world.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
I manged to clip both under the world and into the home by jumping and running around the interactable hay stack in the back of the middle house I am pretty sure.
I tried doing that but wasn't able to cause any bugs :confused:

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I tried doing that but wasn't able to cause any bugs :confused:
If it makes you feel any better I stayed in that one spot for about 2 and a half hours running and jumping at different times and angles....

Mainly cause I wanted to see if I could parkour on the roof tops cause I am a easily amused schmuck

I will say this dude you could most likely let that bug slide as it was pretty hard to do.

Reactions: flyRenders

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
If it makes you feel any better I stayed in that one spot for about 2 and a half hours running and jumping at different times and angles....

Mainly cause I wanted to see if I could parkour on the roof tops cause I am a easily amused schmuck

I will say this dude you could most likely let that bug slide as it was pretty hard to do.
Appreciate the time you are spending playing the game!

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I enjoy just wish there was more to do...

And wish her tits jiggled more xD

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I'm watching this thread, guys. Keep it to the game and not about issues that none of us are experts in. The developer is free to make this how he/she sees fit.

Reactions: Arnië*I*

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
@flyRenders, I did not test the latest version, but I read you included new building models. You may consider these assets for buildings too, if you haven't already. Maybe you find or create something similar to those in the links?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also a fishing boat (maybe more?) beached near the hamlet is a good addition? Perhaps they're partly burnt and damaged. 'Side quest: rebuild one of the boats by using parts of others.' Not too grindy but the typical 'go there, take that, do this' mechanics. I could think of some of this deeds to accumulate even more favours from NPCs and to make use of something later (obviously using boat).

Such a boat may be practical to reach other destinations (as planned in future). Perhaps finding more loot there (for own use, not 'bring back to me'). Maybe it can be used to store items, so one can sell / exchange some with NPCs too (barter)? Or the MC carries a healing potion / herbal paste for 'first aid' in case of emergency and all that fuss. Needs to store the crap somewhere - so use the boat as loot box atm.
Also how did Mr. Adventurer arrive? By boat I guess, where is it? Didn't find it in a former version but it would be cool to have it at the shore at least, to gather reserves for now and use them later.

I'm thinking too much RPG here I'm afraid. Can I get a skill tree? Pretty please!? XD

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
I'm watching this thread, guys. Keep it to the game and not about issues that none of us are experts in. The developer is free to make this how he/she sees fit.
Was this directed towards me cause I am pretty sure giving him bug reports is pretty A OK.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Was this directed towards me cause I am pretty sure giving him bug reports is pretty A OK.
Nope.. it's towards people saying they know all about what happened with slaves, thralls, thralldom, and actors taking roles.
Giving a bug report is something that is from experience and is specific. :D
No worries, Infamy

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
@flyRenders, I did not test the latest version, but I read you included new building models. You may consider these assets for buildings too, if you haven't already. Maybe you find or create something similar to those in the links?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also a fishing boat (maybe more?) beached near the hamlet is a good addition? Perhaps they're partly burnt and damaged. 'Side quest: rebuild one of the boats by using parts of others.' Not too grindy but the typical 'go there, take that, do this' mechanics. I could think of some of this deeds to accumulate even more favours from NPCs and to make use of something later (obviously using boat).

Such a boat may be practical to reach other destinations (as planned in future). Perhaps finding more loot there (for own use, not 'bring back to me'). Maybe it can be used to store items, so one can sell / exchange some with NPCs too (barter)? Or the MC carries a healing potion / herbal paste for 'first aid' in case of emergency and all that fuss. Needs to store the crap somewhere - so use the boat as loot box atm.
Also how did Mr. Adventurer arrive? By boat I guess, where is it? Didn't find it in a former version but it would be cool to have it at the shore at least, to gather reserves for now and use them later.

I'm thinking too much RPG here I'm afraid. Can I get a skill tree? Pretty please!? XD
We don't have new buildings, what we have is things that have broken parts, so it looks like the village was attacked and it looks more like a village, because it was pretty empty before.

Some of these models are good, but have a pretty high polygon count. is something that I like though, even thought we don't get the exact same model, I am going to tell the guy, who makes some of the models to prepare something like this. It won't be added in this village thought.

Reactions: Cirro84

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Nope.. it's towards people saying they know all about what happened with slaves, thralls, thralldom, and actors taking roles.
No worries, Infamy
Was about to say Mutt Imma bout to Mike Vick your ass in a second...

Hmmm...
To much? To Far? xD

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
No worries, Infamy
Everytime Hollywood release a new movie with some viking theme, its like they take a giant dump on my ancestors history. The only thing I seen that resemble a tiny bit is the HBO series Vikings. However, wont pollute the thread with history facts anymore :p

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Everytime Hollywood release a new movie with some viking theme, its like they take a giant dump on my ancestors history. The only thing I seen that resemble a tiny bit is the HBO series Vikings. However, wont pollute the thread with history facts anymore :p
To bad HBO didn't make Vikings it was done by the History Channel -_-

Grostek

Oct 19, 2017
Beautiful work so far, the stories behind the girl and the village make the game much more immeasurable, I know it would probably be much more difficult but to improve this imertion a good idea would be a more open world, to be connected only to a main quest to every moment becomes robotic, I leave some suggestions
1-) Let the map more open, to be able to enter inside the houses (I noticed that it has 3 houses but only if it enters one during the game)
2-) Taking advantage of the entry of new characters, secondary and creative quests.

Great job so far, I look forward to future updates

Reactions: flyRenders

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
To bad HBO didn't make Vikings it was done by the History Channel :noexpression:
This is off topic, but HBO bought the series to air it. So you can say its History Channel/HBO then :p Or whatever, HBO where i seen it.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
1. Mr. Vick doesn't like my breed of doggo. So ha! :p
2. I watch vikings and love it! That show is one I got on DVR.
Ok.. even though it's time to go viking, let's get back to viking!

To @flyRenders ... are we gonna be able to raid something other than a chick's virginity??? Like a village??? :tf:

Reactions: Arnië*I*

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
1. Mr. Vick doesn't like my breed of doggo. So ha! :p
2. I watch vikings and love it! That show is one I got on DVR.
Ok.. even though it's time to go viking, let's get back to viking!

To @flyRenders ... are we gonna be able to raid something other than a chick's virginity??? Like a village??? :tf:
Well, dunno the age setting, but if you want to make it historical, then make it so you can take a longboat (or a boat), cross over to britain and pillage some monastaries and stuff, and grab a few females to your harem, lol.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes