3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Can't find the sword, hammer and the two shields. Help with the map please someone?
Hey, it has been posted before but check this out (all of the items are in the village)

Sword + shield -
Shield 2 - (you can barely see the hammer in the distance under the tree)
Hammer (close to a tree, on the right side when you exit the village ) -

Reactions: Escape and n0b0dy

JackDupont

Jun 6, 2017
Really nice game so far :)

just a small suggestion maybe,

When i start a game, i always go to settings first and it is usually in the main menu. In your game you need to start an adventure before beeing able to access settings. Maybe it is just me but i find it a bit meh.

But anyway, game is really good so i don't complain :D

Reactions: flyRenders

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Really nice game so far :)

just a small suggestion maybe,

When i start a game, i always go to settings first and it is usually in the main menu. In your game you need to start an adventure before beeing able to access settings. Maybe it is just me but i find it a bit meh.

But anyway, game is really good so i don't complain :D
Thanks for the feedback, we may clone the settings panel in the main menu as well :)

warmonger

Jun 25, 2017
Hey, it has been posted before but check this out (all of the items are in the village)

Sword + shield -
Shield 2 - (you can barely see the hammer in the distance under the tree)
Hammer (close to a tree, on the right side when you exit the village ) -
Thank you so much! I really tried searching a lot on the forums! Thanks :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
interrsting progress :p keep up !
i like the way her eyes move around.

btw, cant wait for new character :D

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Looking good my guy game is lookin good and I am glad you are listening to the feedback.
Thanks for the feedback and all of the suggestions, a lot of you guys have very unique and cool ideas that are making the game better.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
The laws against taking a foreign woman who was an unbeliever of their gods was a religious one. One of the few movies to get this right was that terrible Clive Owen "King Arthur" movie, where the Norse leader told them they do not mix with the blood of the weak. ...
Please do me a favour and stop it right there. I don't want to point my finger at your comments, to not give you the feeling I'd pick on you. I'm not like that. You're a new member and I want you to enjoy your stay here, too.

If you want do some research first. Please don't confuse sources, and don't happily mix it all in like this. Even more, historical accounts spanning centuries and personal experiences in our 21st century (esp. of female behaviour, which you stressed - does explain what, exactly?).
Truth be told, devs may be no experts in Norse history I get, every advice given they'd appreciate. But some here may know some stuff for real, Will. No harm intended buddy, just don't come along unprepared. Give me bit hope with the goosebumps.

At least you correctly mentioned thralls as a term, an info the devs can and should work with. Most definitely individuals had such a position because the Norse did not have a concept of 'serfdom' (itself a neologism btw, I'd rather prefer socage) as had been established in large parts of Europe with time. But thralls are distinguishably different from 'indentured servants' (which you mentioned, other period) resp., as a rule, one may link them to 'bonded labour' practices.

Reactions: dbp5ca

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Ok I found some bugs... Big ones...

Mini map has no quest indicators so the blue area icons don't show up...
No warning about loading old save which will bug you you will be stuck in the ground.

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Please do me a favour and stop it right there. I don't want to point my finger at your comments, to not give you the feeling I'd pick on you. I'm not like that. You're a new member and I want you to enjoy your stay here, too.

If you want do some research first. Please don't confuse sources, and don't happily mix it all in like this. Even more, historical accounts spanning centuries and personal experiences in our 21st century (esp. of female behaviour, which you stressed - does explain what, exactly?).
Truth be told, devs may be no experts in Norse history I get, every advice given they'd appreciate. But some here may know some stuff for real, Will. No harm intended buddy, just don't come along unprepared. Give me bit hope with the goosebumps.

At least you correctly mentioned thralls as a term, an info the devs can and should work with. Most definitely individuals had such a position because the Norse did not have a concept of 'serfdom' (itself a neologism btw, I'd rather prefer socage) as had been established in large parts of Europe with time. But thralls are distinguishably different from 'indentured servants' (which you mentioned, other period) resp., as a rule, one may link them to 'bonded labour' practices.
History is huge and a lot of people have different opinions, we try to follow real sources as , that being said we are going to include elements from their mythology as well, because they have quite interesting things there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirro84

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Ok I found some bugs... Big ones...

Mini map has no quest indicators so the blue area icons don't show up...
No warning about loading old save which will bug you you will be stuck in the ground.
The quest helper wasn't meant to be in the game at all, we added it in a later stage, so it's still not tested enough and it's only available in the backer build. The reason it was enabled last month was because there was a bug with the public build and we couldn't release it. We also get it that things like quest helpers are really important, so it could be available to everyone from November. Also for me the quest helper is like a hack/game add-on, it completes the gather quests with almost no effort.

To be honest, I had no idea about that bug, because I am not playing old saves (constantly saving and loading new ones) and we figured that out after some people reported it. Basically it happens, because we increased the players body size (the invisible collider is 2 times larger), so loading a save with a smaller body size results in getting stuck in the ground. This bug won't be a problem from now, you can save and load your saves just fine (from v1.3.0 and above).

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
The quest helper wasn't meant to be in the game at all, we added it in a later stage, so it's still not tested enough and it's only available in the backer build. The reason it was enabled last month was because there was a bug with the public build and we couldn't release it. We also get it that things like quest helpers are really important, so it could be available to everyone from November. Also for me the quest helper is like a hack/game add-on, it completes the gather quests with almost no effort.

To be honest, I had no idea about that bug, because I am not playing old saves (constantly saving and loading new ones) and we figured that out after some people reported it. Basically it happens, because we increased the players body size (the invisible collider is 2 times larger), so loading a save with a smaller body size results in getting stuck in the ground. This bug won't be a problem from now, you can save and load your saves just fine (from v1.3.0 and above).
Also new bugs to report

I have made several new games to try and "Bug hunt" On rare occasions after the blow job her eyes are permanatly rolled into the back of her head and only is fixed if you close the client and re launch.

During certain points in the game alt tabbing has caused a CTD

Entering the home during the first sex bit on rare occasions the screen will remain black and never transition over. (Side Note: This has only happened in Full Screen mode I have never ONCE had this happen in Windowed)

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Also new bugs to report

I have made several new games to try and "Bug hunt" On rare occasions after the blow job her eyes are permanatly rolled into the back of her head and only is fixed if you close the client and re launch.

During certain points in the game alt tabbing has caused a CTD

Entering the home during the first sex bit on rare occasions the screen will remain black and never transition over. (Side Note: This has only happened in Full Screen mode I have never ONCE had this happen in Windowed)
Thanks for that report, the eyes bug was fixed I just saw it for a first time today. We had 2 scripts controlling the eyes (during sex scenes - it only simulates blinking and in general - eye movement,blinking,head rotation), sometimes when you exit the sex scene her eyes remain closed and the other script doesn't know how to open them since it's working with bones instead of blendshapes. Now I got rid of the second script, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Last time I tested the alt + tab was 2 months ago.

I have no idea about this one, never seen it, but will try to replicate and see what's wrong, bugs like these that happen once every 100 tries are the real pain :coldsweat:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
History is huge and a lot of people have different opinions, we try to follow real sources as , that being said we are going to include elements from their mythology as well, because they have quite interesting things there.
Seems a odd place to use as source. I don't know what blood refers to as weak, but when Harald Hårfagre were fighting to unify Norway. A lot of people, mainly guys did leave for Iceland around year 870, either by free will, or because been deemed outlaws (because opose the new King). The female population was mainly, how to put it abducted females with celtic background. But then as now, difference between nobility and common people.

as for Thralls, this should cover it;

Thralls were the lowest class of workers in Scandinavian society. They were Northern Europeans brought into slavery due to debt, the losers of wars, and the children of thralls. Thralls in Scandinavia had no rights and their living conditions were variable depending on the master. The thrall trade as the prize of plunder was a key part of the Viking economy. While there are some estimates of as many as thirty slaves per household, most families only owned one or two slaves.

In 1043, Hallvard Vebjørnsson, the son of a local nobleman in the district of greater Lier, was killed while trying to defend a thrall woman from men who accused her of theft. The Church strongly approved of his action, recognizing him as a martyr and canonizing him as Saint Hallvard, the patron saint of Oslo.

Despite the existence of a caste system, thralls could experience a level of social fluidity. Thralls could be freed by their masters at any time, be freed in a will, or even buy their own freedom. Once a thrall was freed, he became a "freedman"—a member of an intermediary group between slaves and freemen. He still owed allegiance to his former master and would have to vote according to his former master's wishes. It took at least two generations for freedmen to lose the allegiance to their former masters and become full freemen. If a freedman had no descendants, his former master inherited his land and property.

While thralls and freedmen did not have much economic or political power in Scandinavia, they were still given a wergeld, or a man's price, which is to say, there was a monetary penalty for unlawfully killing a slave.

The era of Viking raids resulting in the capture of slaves slowly ended in the 11th century. In the following centuries, more and more thralls obtained their freedom, either by purchasing it or on the iniative of their masters, the church or the secular authority. The thrall system was finally abolished in Scandinavia in the mid-14th century.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Thanks for that report, the eyes bug was fixed I just saw it for a first time today. We had 2 scripts controlling the eyes (during sex scenes - it only simulates blinking and in general - eye movement,blinking,head rotation), sometimes when you exit the sex scene her eyes remain closed and the other script doesn't know how to open them since it's working with bones instead of blendshapes. Now I got rid of the second script, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Last time I tested the alt + tab was 2 months ago.

I have no idea about this one, never seen it, but will try to replicate and see what's wrong, bugs like these that happen once every 100 tries are the real pain :coldsweat:
Ya a couple of these were EXTREMELY hard to replicate the last one was most likely the biggest pain in the ass to try and confirm and when I say it's a RARE bug it was RARE

flyRenders

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Ya a couple of these were EXTREMELY hard to replicate the last one was most likely the biggest pain in the ass to try and confirm and when I say it's a RARE bug it was RARE
Thanks for playing the game so many times.. just out of curiosity how many times exactly you played it ? :closedeyesmile:

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Thanks for playing the game so many times.. just out of curiosity how many times exactly you played it ? :closedeyesmile:
I shouldn't answer this but I will I am on 134th for bug hunting and other exploit finds..

Which by the way I figured out how to clip into the homes last night xD

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes