VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vile College [v0.2] [SneakyPanda]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes
Nov 24, 2018
  1. The thread header render looks awesome. If that's the goal for the game, I'll definitely continue to play even if it's a long way of first tries.
  2. Why renaming the -pc archive to "windows" if it's actually for both lin/win? I already expected to patch it first and got a bit surprised. (but thank you for doing the -pc build and not the -win build only, btw)
  3. I get Errors after Isadora exits the room. A lot. The first on "Go Back". And after standing in the hall on all three buttons the same again. (not on the doors though)
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  4. Now that I can see them, the renders currently are a bit grainy, but I can get the picture. (pun intended) Play with the settings (but remember your previous ones), try a bit around, and consider to re-render the first chapters after a while.
  5. Re-enabling Rollback was nice. In the first version it was a load-grind to explore the first two dialogue choices.
  6. Your dialogues are not too long. There are definitely different games too. I like that.
  7. Tip (and request): Try to sort out a consistent save file format early, so you don't annoy your fans by having to restart every time an update comes out later. I myself at least hope they will come.
So I think that's enough for a first review. Keep up the good work and you will get a big fan base.

Reactions: SneakyPanda

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
I'm on Linux and have the same problem. As soon as it puts you out of your room, I can't go upstairs downstairs or turn around. It gives error message saying something about (IOError: Couldn't find file '../gui/directionScreens/mansion/toSelenaTransparent.png'.), the picture missing being different depending on where I try to go. So, I can't proceed anywhere even if I try to Ignore the errors. I downloaded PC/Linux version from Mega.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
I know what you mean. There are a lot of games where you have a lot of options which don't affect the story only the dialogue fo the current conversation. But I'm really thinking about affecting the story more. As example you will be able to choose, whether you want to cheat on your girlfriend or not, whatever you do, it leads to a different side story. :sneaky:
As long as there are repeatable events that we can do and I don't mean in a silly gallery/dream sequence or cheese memory . I hate games with one tap wonders were you can only tap the lady's once then hide everything in gallery's. Give the player the option to rename the m.c please .

SneakyPanda

Game Developer
May 6, 2020
  1. The thread header render looks awesome. If that's the goal for the game, I'll definitely continue to play even if it's a long way of first tries.
  2. Why renaming the -pc archive to "windows" if it's actually for both lin/win? I already expected to patch it first and got a bit surprised. (but thank you for doing the -pc build and not the -win build only, btw)
  3. I get Errors after Isadora exits the room. A lot. The first on "Go Back". And after standing in the hall on all three buttons the same again. (not on the doors though)
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  4. Now that I can see them, the renders currently are a bit grainy, but I can get the picture. (pun intended) Play with the settings (but remember your previous ones), try a bit around, and consider to re-render the first chapters after a while.
  5. Re-enabling Rollback was nice. In the first version it was a load-grind to explore the first two dialogue choices.
  6. Your dialogues are not too long. There are definitely different games too. I like that.
  7. Tip (and request): Try to sort out a consistent save file format early, so you don't annoy your fans by having to restart every time an update comes out later. I myself at least hope they will come.
So I think that's enough for a first review. Keep up the good work and you will get a big fan base.
Tanks for to long review, you really made me thinking about some parts of my game :unsure:
to 2. -> will be renamed to windows_linux in the next upload
to 3. -> tbh i didn't know that windows would ignore it, I thought every OS is case sensitive in that way. I'm going to simulate a Mac VM so i can fully test it until it works. (Same with linux)
to 4. Most of the grainy renders were my first ones (when i was only able to render most of them with my cpu - due to the lack of vram of my gpu) I already thought about re-rendering them for the next version, should be done until the next update.
to 7. Good point with the save files, I will figure something out. And yeah, updates will come for sure, already put too much work into this project to abandon it. ;)

SneakyPanda

Game Developer
May 6, 2020
I'm on Linux and have the same problem. As soon as it puts you out of your room, I can't go upstairs downstairs or turn around. It gives error message saying something about (IOError: Couldn't find file '../gui/directionScreens/mansion/toSelenaTransparent.png'.), the picture missing being different depending on where I try to go. So, I can't proceed anywhere even if I try to Ignore the errors. I downloaded PC/Linux version from Mega.
I'm trying to fix this as fast as possible, sorry for the errors :(

D

Deleted member 1481465

Grainy renders, not the best quality models either. The dialogue is also very, very poor - though I realise you're not a native English speaker.

It'll take a lot of work to make this one worthwhile. Best of luck, Dev.

Reactions: Hyped

awex

Oct 3, 2017
I'm trying to fix this as fast as possible, sorry for the errors :(
You can use the renpy "Check Script (Lint)" option to catch a lot of simple problems like this.
Although it won't be able to check the images you are referencing in variables.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the crotch area of the left girl in screenshot 3 looks like her mount of venus is as big as olympus mons!

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
to 4. Most of the grainy renders were my first ones (when i was only able to render most of them with my cpu -
no wonder that you couldnt wait to get rid of the grain.
rendering with CPU only is trash and takes weeks for the same quality that you get in 12 hours from the GPU.
not to mention that you cant do anything else on the PC while its rendering..all CPU power is used.
what do you got now?
An 2080Ti or?
11Gb GPU ram is also an must here i think

anyway good luck with the game man!
first game in a while that has both thiiick girls and incest ;)
looking forward to the next update.

i may also join patreon right now haha
im crazy about big asses what can i say

Edit: this classroom is great isnt it :D
i have also used it alot
ddo5pls-a0994e31-1448-42f0-b7fe-3046ea88cebd.jpg

Patreon joined for 5$
keep it up

Last edited:
Reactions: SneakyPanda
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes