VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Nice start, I'm really looking forward to chapter 1. I hope it'll be there soon !
Nice characters and writing, I've set my eyes on the redhead hehe.
Thank you, chapter 1 is still a long way away, but I'll deliver a bug fix/enhanced version of the prologue before the end of the week

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Another new post has been made on the Patreon. This guy is a monster :D
Let's cut to the chase, here's the bug fix version of the prologue.

(if you use the Android version, do tell me how and if it works and I'll definitely try to release an Android version each time. Seeing as it takes between 30 minutes and 50 years to build the packages, I understand now why so many devs don't do it :/)

• Haha
Reactions: Akamari
Aug 8, 2016
I'm really quite hopeful about this one. Obviously it's difficult to judge a game based on this short intro but so far it looks promising. Art looks good and doesn't seem to be a story that has been told and retold like many other games out here. Best of luck on it.

Reactions: Huitieme

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Good prologue so far.

Once this game finishes you can use your original premise, having Einarr the broken leg become a Jarl or something and play out like vikings season 1, this would be going on story wise at the same time the younger brother is off to Vinland.

I was okay with the original font but I can understand wanting something easier to read.

Wasn't a fan of the end images, just because they felt tacked on compared to earned.

Watching to see how this continues turning out.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Good prologue so far.

Once this game finishes you can use your original premise, having Einarr the broken leg become a Jarl or something and play out like vikings season 1, this would be going on story wise at the same time the younger brother is off to Vinland.

I was okay with the original font but I can understand wanting something easier to read.

Wasn't a fan of the end images, just because they felt tacked on compared to earned.

Watching to see how this continues turning out.
I understand your point regarding the end images (what I like to call the "pinups"). It was a way to add some lewd because the prologue severely lacks on this front. They should not be a part of the finished product, but I like to end a chapter with some eye candy.

I already have another setting and another story for when Vinland finishes, but I won't start working on it until we approach the ending.

Binge watching Vikings made me realize how good their culture is.
It's funny because I've started watching the show only AFTER I've worked on Vinland ^^ I like it, but I've only seen the first 6 episodes of it. If you like Viking, you should try Norsemen (I haven't watched a lot of episodes either. God, I'm bad with TV series).

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Vinland was Labrador Peninsula ?
Yeah, Vinland is supposed to have been the Anse aux Meadows, in Newfoundland. Labrador seems to have been called Markland at the time. Vikings never explored much more to the South, certainly because their relation with the Skraerlings (native) grew worse as time passed.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes