VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I vote for the second version (with the padded vest)!

Although it may be hard to challenge anyone with a different opinion to a duel with swords from behind my computer. :mad:
I gess this is the failing of any democratic system. Anyway, as they say in Ankh-Morpork, we're in a "One Man, One Vote" kind of democracy. I am the Man, I get the Vote :D
(Joke aside, I do like her in man's clothes ^^)

Nice sig, by the way. I do like "Our Fate" as well ;)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You mean the lack of duelling? :LOL:
Lack of dueling is always an issue in any system that pretends to give the people some leeway.

And if people don't like the decisions... Just do what any sensible Viking would do and start calling people Ergi. Instant way to get in a Holmgang and take their shit if you win! ;)
I'm afraid remote Holmgangs would fall into the category of impossible dueling as well.

Oct 4, 2017
The font, man. The font...

Why does every new game have to use a "cool" themed font? This is like websites from the 90s - Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sometimes less is more and I would certainly appreciate less of that horrific font.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
The font, man. The font...

Why does every new game have to use a "cool" themed font? This is like websites from the 90s - Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Sometimes less is more and I would certainly appreciate less of that horrific font.
Well, in my defence, the font in this story *does* have its importance. I changed it from norse.otf to village.otf, so it should be less of an issue in the rext release.

New font:

meh65

Aug 8, 2016
Whats with the viking spam across all media in the past month?
Vinland saga, this, some other thing I saw with the name vinland in it.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Whats with the viking spam across all media in the past month?
Vinland saga, this, some other thing I saw with the name vinland in it.
Wouldn't know much about the others, I came up with the idea of having a viking setting in march mainly because I wanted to have a fit redhead woman with a scar in my cast \o/

Font's the antagonist? :p

I jest of course. I know the true secret of the font, bwahaha.

I like the new font. Not that the old was bad, but ease of reading is pivotal.:)
Exactly, the first priority should always be to make the game accessible to everyone. First, ease of access, then, customization. What's the point of the font being pretty if it makes the game unplayable?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Aha! I see that this padded vest-look has caught on!

My problem: it's hard to choose between Freydis and Gudrid... I like them both, looks as well as character...
I'm considering playing it safe as Olaf the Boneless until that peculiar Vinlandian girl who's looking at the sunset/sunrise/atomic-bomb-going-off comes along. It's not often that one gets to truly 'conquer' a new world. :D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Aha! I see that this padded vest-look has caught on!

My problem: it's hard to choose between Freydis and Gudrid... I like them both, looks as well as character...
I would be tempted to say: "¿porque no los dos?", but it seems obvious that these two won't ever cooperate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes