VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'm considering playing it safe as Olaf the Boneless until that peculiar Vinlandian girl who's looking at the sunset/sunrise/atomic-bomb-going-off comes along. It's not often that one gets to truly 'conquer' a new world. :D
You got it, the setting is not "Viking" actually. We're in a post atomic war world where survivors have deluded themselves into cosplaying as great warriors of the past to fight off the radiations. As the days advance, only a few, a happy few, a band of brothers, will make it to "the New World". So sad :'(

Nah, she's looking at the sun rising on Iceland on a cold November morning (personal stash of pictures here :D)

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
We're in a post atomic war world where survivors have deluded themselves into cosplaying as great warriors of the past to fight off the radiations.
Well, I was fighting raiders of the Vikings clan in Fallout New California mod who were doing just that the other day, so I'd be fine with that.:LOL:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Just watch the animations on this very page ... those will be the building blocks of your imagination in this starting saga;)

Happy watching 'em all and going in to this game ...err..vikings blazin'!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Reactions: Huitieme

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I like the model of Shanaw very much. But I need to nitpick a bit and question the choice of eye colour. Incidences of Native American's with anything but brown eyes were pretty much limited to post contact with Europeans. Now if she ends up being the daughter of Lief from his previous visit, then that would work. It's just that we see so many models in the Daz store who are of Asian or African origins yet the the sample images give them blue or green eyes, and it drives me up the wall. I think it is disrespectful of ethnic diversity.

LexArma

Jun 2, 2019
Today, we with green eyes are a minority of approximately 2% of the earths population.
I think all renders with green eyes are disrespectful to my minority.

Just kidding of course, green eyes were even rarer back then - but they weren't an impossibility and there are ancient stories of green eyed people all over the world.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I like the model of Shanaw very much. But I need to nitpick a bit and question the choice of eye colour. Incidences of Native American's with anything but brown eyes were pretty much limited to post contact with Europeans. Now if she ends up being the daughter of Lief from his previous visit, then that would work. It's just that we see so many models in the Daz store who are of Asian or African origins yet the the sample images give them blue or green eyes, and it drives me up the wall. I think it is disrespectful of ethnic diversity.
Today, we with green eyes are a minority of approximately 2% of the earths population.
I think all renders with green eyes are disrespectful to my minority.

Just kidding of course, green eyes were even rarer back then - but they weren't an impossibility and there are ancient stories of green eyed people all over the world.
Well, to be perfectly honest, I just thought that yellow eyes would look cool on her. Also, "Skraelings" (and Beothuks, who are thought to be their descendants) are extinct nowadays, so who's to say that their eyes were brown to begin with? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: LexArma

AdliQuiBoit

Feb 21, 2019
Nice start, I'm really looking forward to chapter 1. I hope it'll be there soon !
Nice characters and writing, I've set my eyes on the redhead hehe.

Reactions: Huitieme
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes