VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I've tried it here as well; the app installs fine, but it won't open, it crashes immediately.
Sorry, I can't be any more help than that. :unsure:
Yeah, I've tried building the packages once more from scratch, but to no avail... I think I'll have to ask around the forum. I really wish to offer the game on android as well, but if it happens to be too difficult/buggy, I'll have to give up :/

• Wow
Reactions: Canto Forte

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah, I've tried building the packages once more from scratch, but to no avail... I think I'll have to ask around the forum. I really wish to offer the game on android as well, but if it happens to be too difficult/buggy, I'll have to give up :/
I'm going to try again later, when I have another break; might play around with permissions.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Pencil in the eye ... wrong analogy ...
Pencil in the ... bum ... wrong work around ...

Apple in the eye ... now that is something hi can arrange;)

Gimme some apple for my eye! Hui! Solve this eager equation!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Poll is open to everyone.

How often should I release?

The title says it all. How would you rather have the new things I dish out? There are two different ways to go about it. What I call chapters are made of several events/scene that do happen chronologically (or simultaneously, depending on your choices). It would be doable for me to release chapters in smaller increments of one or two "short" events or wait for the entire chapter to be done before spurting everything at once.
Both solutions offer a positive and negative side. Shorter updates means easier bugfixes, more regular feedbacks. Full chapters means you get to experience the story as intended, but with less interactions between us as I will only be able fix bugs and it could take months before any new content.
For example, right now, I'm still working on the first chapter, as I said in the 671 previous posts. The writing is coming along, and the renders as well, but this shit takes time. Add to this that I'm learning to code as I go and that I wished to implement a few scholar/warrior minigames (not the boring kind, hopefully), and the polished first chapter could come out a lot later than expected...
What do you think?
Bear in mind that I'll start charging for that sweet patreon money only after I've starting releasing chapter 1 (and July is gonna stay a free month anyway), so if the shortest updates option wins, I'd start taking pedges.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Poll is open to everyone.

How often should I release?

The title says it all. How would you rather have the new things I dish out? There are two different ways to go about it. What I call chapters are made of several events/scene that do happen chronologically (or simultaneously, depending on your choices). It would be doable for me to release chapters in smaller increments of one or two "short" events or wait for the entire chapter to be done before spurting everything at once.
Both solutions offer a positive and negative side. Shorter updates means easier bugfixes, more regular feedbacks. Full chapters means you get to experience the story as intended, but with less interactions between us as I will only be able fix bugs and it could take months before any new content.
For example, right now, I'm still working on the first chapter, as I said in the 671 previous posts. The writing is coming along, and the renders as well, but this shit takes time. Add to this that I'm learning to code as I go and that I wished to implement a few scholar/warrior minigames (not the boring kind, hopefully), and the polished first chapter could come out a lot later than expected...
What do you think?
Bear in mind that I'll start charging for that sweet patreon money only after I've starting releasing chapter 1 (and July is gonna stay a free month anyway), so if the shortest updates option wins, I'd start taking pedges.
Already voted on Patreon; release when you are ready. :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Full chapters as intended when they are ready.

I think playable updates should have decent playtime and leave a lasting impression. The way you envision them is the way to go.

Personally, I have little interest in downloading half-updates. No need to rush. :)

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes