VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Already following along ;)

I have a question though: how are you planning on handling their run-ins with the Native Americans (First Nations, proto-Inuit, or as the Icelander's called them skrælings).

Their run-ins started from the beginning and never let up - in fact, that's why they packed up went back home.

Is this going to be a serious or humorous plot device for you?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Already following along ;)

I have a question though: how are you planning on handling their run-ins with the Native Americans (First Nations, proto-Inuit, or as the Icelander's called them skrælings).

Their run-ins started from the beginning and never let up - in fact, that's why they packed up went back home.

Is this going to be a serious or humorous plot device for you?
Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. If you look to the right side of your Drakkar, you will see a pod of lovely spoilers swimming around the dark blue waters of historical facts :)

This is a pretty important plot point, and I hope you'll understand I can't discuss it in details here (or anywhere, really). Let's just say that shit WILL happen... in chapter 3 *wiggly eyebrows that I may or may not have stolen*

I wish to alternate between serious and funny events, or more exactly, there will be humor during serious events, and there will be seriousness during silly shit.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. If you look to the right side of your Drakkar, you will see a pod of lovely spoilers swimming around the dark blue waters of historical facts :)

This is a pretty important plot point, and I hope you'll understand I can't discuss it in details here (or anywhere, really). Let's just say that shit WILL happen... in chapter 3 *wiggly eyebrows that I may or may not have stolen*

I wish to alternate between serious and funny events, or more exactly, there will be humor during serious events, and there will be seriousness during silly shit.
Thief! Does Notty know you have stolen her eyebrow thing?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
First and foremost, your renders look fun, the jokes are funny, and the story is interesting.

Even the "Game Over" choice had something nice.

You did very well on spelling, keeping typos to a minimum.

Grammar is done very well too, most of the "errors" I see in it are more of reading it as if I was not a native English speaker.

Very looking forward to how this turns out. Even though sadly we leave Astrid.

If you do make a female MC, then you at least get to show off the male models you made, or have them all dress up to be part of your Amazonian tribe.

Opinions:

I agree on the Title and Game Over screens could do with a nice make over.

The UI looks good, and I read about the journal idea which sounds nice.

The font readability is okay, not great, especially with no points over the letter i.

Before the game gets big, you might want to add Save deletion/naming so people can know which save is which path.

Thorfinn (his name especially in the pan up is kind of hidden because of color, this can be said with a bunch of the names)

The Astrid neck turn reminded me of "The Exorcist"
First, thank you so much for having taken the time to list the typos :) They'll be taken care of before chapter 1 is released.

Don't worry about Astrid, she doesn't disappear completely ;) (Although there is not to be any hanky panky whatsoever with her. She's your sister, for Odin's sake! :p)

The female MC option should come later, and I'm thinking of a full lesbian experience. Olafette doesn't strike me as much of a dicklover. But for now, this is still in the future.

Title and gameover screens will be prettyfied, indeed.

Re the save issue, I don't know if it'll be really useful, as you can rename the save page directly and you can delete saves by pointing at them and click on del (at least, I've read that somewhere on the forum). I'll look into adding the options anyway. If it's trivial, I don't see why I wouldn't implement it.

Thorfinn's name is kinda hard to see because of the color I chose for him. I'll loot into it.

Reactions: Canto Forte

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Don't worry about Astrid, she doesn't disappear completely ;) (Although there is not to be any hanky panky whatsoever with her. She's your sister, for Odin's sake! :p)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The female MC option should come later, and I'm thinking of a full lesbian experience. Olafette doesn't strike me as much of a dicklover. But for now, this is still in the future.
Not even one optional experiment?;)

Reactions: Huitieme

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
We'll see, we'll see. I can't promise anything for an option that hasn't been made yet, can I? Also, Do Thorvald, Thorfinn and Leif strike you as suitable candidates for sweet Olafette? D:
Why, Thorfinn seems cool!:giggle:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Huitieme

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Olafette is pure, not like a certain Travis person! And I must insist that, as of now, she still doesn't exist in universe :p But let's be honest, I like the idea too much to never use her... I mean, put her in the game :D
Look how cute she is!
View attachment 358846
View attachment 358849
As a button.;)

But the real question is... Does Freydis use only short girls' heads as an armrest?:unsure:

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes