VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think I'm siding with most people when I say I don't give half a rat's bottom about this controversy, and just thought, not being a native English speaker, that CE was the most correct form.
Today, it is, whether most people use it or not. As for what you use in the game, whatever you want works. XD

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I'm still only on page 6 of this thread (I am entertained). I kept thinking of the actor Leif Erikson (which is funny, because looking at IMDB, I have no idea why I even know who that is.) So, I looked up the viking Leif Eiriksson, and stumbled upon It seemed oddly appropriate. So, I figured I'd share it.

As for historical accuracy, I am curious about the real-deal vikings, but I only found out a few weeks ago (thank the Travel Channel) that, once again, American pop-culture of the 80's and 90's has lied to me. I'm so used to seeing those horned helmets, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. In my mind, Vikings are kind of like "celts with boats," but, in my mind, I can see all of those vikings chasing me with axes for admitting that.
(I like learning things. Why don't I know more stuff? Ooohh, that's right. I'm also lazy.)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'm still only on page 6 of this thread (I am entertained). I kept thinking of the actor Leif Erikson (which is funny, because looking at IMDB, I have no idea why I even know who that is.) So, I looked up the viking Leif Eiriksson, and stumbled upon It seemed oddly appropriate. So, I figured I'd share it.

As for historical accuracy, I am curious about the real-deal vikings, but I only found out a few weeks ago (thank the Travel Channel) that, once again, American pop-culture of the 80's and 90's has lied to me. I'm so used to seeing those horned helmets, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. In my mind, Vikings are kind of like "celts with boats," but, in my mind, I can see all of those vikings chasing me with axes for admitting that.
(I like learning things. Why don't I know more stuff? Ooohh, that's right. I'm also lazy.)
That's a great find! Princess Freydis :D
I've written somewhere on this thread my inspiration for Freydis. The big lass should please all of you who like larger-than-life freckled goddesses ;)

The horned helmet is actually factually historically wrong on all points, but when I started, I had no other helmet asset. If you went with a more scholar route in the prologue, Olaf actually thinks "horned helmets? That doesn't make any sense". I've changed this render once again for when chapter 1 goes out (it's actually very plot related).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Any ideas on when we can expect the next release?
Hi, I wish I could give you a definitive date, but unfortunately, I'm unable to do so. The last two weeks have been busy for me and I couldn't work on the game as much as I'd have liked, and I'm going abroad for work next week, so real life is taking its toll on the releases. At first, I wanted to release chapter 1 in September, now I'd feel lucky if it was done by the end of the year.
Not to look for any excuse, but keep in mind that the prologue was leaked while I was only looking for feedbacks and wasn't really ready to release anything :x
I hope the numerous pinup bonuses on this thread can satiate your thirst for now :)

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Not to look for any excuse, but keep in mind that the prologue was leaked while I was only looking for feedbacks and wasn't really ready to release anything :x
That, people, is the reason even though this is a pirate site please don't upload prologues or alphas/betas that are not meant for public release, it does more harm than good. I'd like to think every download here is a potential patron down the line but if you upload something that is not ready to be out there you give people the wrong impression and ultimately bad publicity.

Last edited:

215303j

That, people, is the reason even though this is a pirate site please don't upload prologues or alphas/betas that are not meant for public release, it does more harm than good. I'd like to think every download here is a potential patron down the line but if you upload something that is not ready to be out there you give people the wrong impression and ultimately bad publicity.
Meh, I see your point, but I don't see so many people complaining here.

Missing release dates is a problem if:
1) The Dev promises a fixed release date, e.g. monthly
2) Charge Patreons money without releasing anything
Neither of which is the case here.

Personally I'm fine with it. In the mean time I enjoy spending some time in this thread. (y)

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

1572375095946.png
It's Friday night
So creepy outside
It's thundering and lightning
There's nobody home
Cause I'm all alone
It's scary and it's frightening

Halloween is near, and from now until Friday, I'll be dropping a new girl once a day in her scary costume. Friday will be the infamous secret girl, but you can vote for tomorrow's girl in the comments ;)
Reminder, the girls are Gudrid, Freydis, Shanaw and Zaina. And they all go in the nude for Patreon only ;)
Let's start with Adélaïde in a strange cabin in the woods.
(This render took 18 hours at 90% cause I've got issues with my graphics card for no freaking reason...)

215303j

(This render took 18 hours at 90% cause I've got issues with my graphics card for no freaking reason...)
It's time well spent! The look on the girls face (click on Patreon link for hi-res) is absolutely priceless!

Reactions: Huitieme

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

♪ Always waiting for someone to ask for her hand ♫
♫ When out of the blue comes this groovy young man ♪
♪ Who vows forever to be by her side ♫
♫ And that's the story of our own corpse bride ♪
1572497543222.png

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Freyd is back baby!
Hello everyone!
After a month of October that was way less productive than I wished, we begin this new month with work, work, work. 46 renders are already done for those of you who will try to pursue our lovely Freydis!
As usual, I will not give you a release date, as I honestly don't have any visibility on this, but at least, we're progressing. Look how Olaf and Freyfrey play well together :)
Ps. A few "beta-testers" tried the first part of chapter 1 (Gudrid's part) and the feedbacks were mostly positive, so there's that :)

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes