VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That is stupid! Every navigator knows that if you sail too close to the edge you'll fall off!
Also, there be dragons!
Thanks for that! (y) Vikings without helmets are way better than Vikings with horned helmets.
Some of them will still wear horned helmets for plot reasons, tho, but most of them will let their hair free like wild buffaloes on the everlasting plains of Vinland!

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
I'm curios if our Charname will get a time with bounds and bondage on some girl. I like when girl in erotic is helpless in rope.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
You might not see a big difference, but the ocean ends a bit less abruptly and I've removed the stupid horned helmets from the crew members.
While the correctives will render, I will finally work on the notebook feature, trying as I might to make it work. This feature should display the choices you've made, a portrait of each important character (with their affection points, or something similar) and the bonus non-cannon renders which may or may not be lewd (they will. They will be lewd).
There, back to work for me! My objective is still to release this chapter before the end of the year! (The year 2019, of course, don't worry)
You say less bad, but I don't see Addie in her bee suit. So I question where your reference for being less bad is, good sir.

Some questions.
What does the interior of the vessels look like?
Who is bedding where?
Will we get pet rats?
Kraken? (You know, for reasons. Other than cool sea creatures.)
2019, sure. Which 2019? BC, AD or Huti?

• Thinking Face

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You say less bad, but I don't see Addie in her bee suit. So I question where your reference for being less bad is, good sir.

Some questions.
What does the interior of the vessels look like?
Who is bedding where?
Will we get pet rats?
Kraken? (You know, for reasons. Other than cool sea creatures.)
2019, sure. Which 2019? BC, AD or Huti?
Ah, I see you're a man of culture. Addie will only use her bee suit in Vinland 2 - Electric Beegaloo where the Vinland crew fights wasps aliens from Jupiter to save both Earth and my famous granny's veal stew recipe. Stay tuned!

As for your questions:
  1. Those are Viking longships, so there is no interior (except for loading food and gears)
  2. Everyone is sleeping on deck, taking turns to navigate all day (also, this part takes place during summer, so there is no night that up North, only a long sunset followed by sunrise)
  3. No pet rats
  4. Maybe :p
  5. I hope 2019 soon, as I'm finishing Freydis path's renders as we speak (I need maybe 20-30 more, max)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ah, I see you're a man of culture. Addie will only use her bee suit in Vinland 2 - Electric Beegaloo where the Vinland crew fights wasps aliens from Jupiter to save both Earth and my famous granny's veal stew recipe. Stay tuned!

As for your questions:
  1. Those are Viking longships, so there is no interior (except for loading food and gears)
  2. Everyone is sleeping on deck, taking turns to navigate all day (also, this part takes place during summer, so there is no night that up North, only a long sunset followed by sunrise)
  3. No pet rats
  5. I hope 2019 soon, as I'm finishing Freydis path's renders as we speak (I need maybe 20-30 more, max)
Is Addie trying to blend in or attract the Wasp aliens? Cause that is how you get a stinger in places you don't want.

I figured as much with the sleeping/interior, but if my memory of lost education is correct, we don't know what type of boats the vikings used to travel major distances and if they would be similar to the normal short distance boats. So figured I'd ask.

Sun constantly, so you are saying sun tan lotion scenes. Giggity.

Rats part was a joke, since ships loved to bring local wildlife along and destroy new Eco-systems even if by accident.

20 to 30 more 2019s, that is a lot of time travel my friend.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Is Addie trying to blend in or attract the Wasp aliens? Cause that is how you get a stinger in places you don't want.

I figured as much with the sleeping/interior, but if my memory of lost education is correct, we don't know what type of boats the vikings used to travel major distances and if they would be similar to the normal short distance boats. So figured I'd ask.

Sun constantly, so you are saying sun tan lotion scenes. Giggity.

Rats part was a joke, since ships loved to bring local wildlife along and destroy new Eco-systems even if by accident.

20 to 30 more 2019s, that is a lot of time travel my friend.
Addie is obviously the craftiest of the crew, so I wouldn't be surprised if she covered all possible contingencies regarding the stinger conundrum already (rumors even say she would know exactly where to put it :eek:)

For the longships, I couldn't find that much information either, so I based this part of the story on various sources, especially to know how long it's supposed to have taken. If you want more information, I took liberties with what I read and .

Funnily enough, I didn't intend to put rats on the boats, but there should have been livestock, as it is said in the sagas that the inhabitants of Vinland were startled when the newcomers started to import new animals to the land (cows, sheep, etc.). That's one part of the story I don't think I'll play with, as it might prove difficult to pull off render-wise. Also, I ain't giving history class, I'm making smut :p

Regarding the amount of work I still have to do before releasing, I need to pose and render both possible epilogues for Freydis part, go back to the start of the chapter to fix continuity and quality mistakes, then I'll add music and sounds for Freydis part. This last part shouldn't take me too long. Then, and only then, will I work on the notebook feature, although I fear it will have to wait for a next release, as I really really intend to have this update out by the end of the month/year :)

• Thinking Face

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Funnily enough, I didn't intend to put rats on the boats, but there should have been livestock, as it is said in the sagas that the inhabitants of Vinland were startled when the newcomers started to import new animals to the land (cows, sheep, etc.). That's one part of the story I don't think I'll play with, as it might prove difficult to pull off render-wise. Also, I ain't giving history class, I'm making smut :p
No cows on board for the MC to slip in a poo pile or wake up to it standing above him for some fresh milk, while having a dream about one of the girl's breasts in his mouth. Sadly missing out on the jokes.

I wish you luck on this final push and the fight against the wasp aliens. Also since I say it in every other thread after the fact. I will just pre-empt and mention grammarly might help you clean up any writing beforehand.

215303j

For the longships, I couldn't find that much information either, so I based this part of the story on various sources, especially to know how long it's supposed to have taken. If you want more information, I took liberties with what I read and .
Well, the basic idea of all Viking ships was the same:
- Clinker built (overlapping wooden planks on frames, with keel)
- Foreward and aft symmetrical
- High, curved bow and stem
- One square sail in the centre of the ship
This did not differ too much from ships used by other people around the North Sea btw.

The Vikings did have several variations around this theme.

The longship was long, narrow and fast. Because of this, they couldn't carry a lot of cargo, limiting their use to war only. They were also costly, both to build and to man, so limited to the richer chieftains / sea kings.
The knarr was short-ish, wide and slow. It could carry a lot of cargo but was not so useful in war because of a lack of speed.

Then there were a lot of intermediate types, like the Gokstad ship, and there were also ships more intended as yachts, like the Oseberg ship.

Although the type of ship used in the Vinland expeditions is unknown, it is likely to resemble the Gokstad ship, as an intermediate all-purpose ship, rather than the real longships. I imagine this type also to be more seaworthy than the more extreme Longship or Knarr.

In 1893, a replica of the Gokstad ship crossed the Atlantic in 44 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

As for your questions:
  3. No pet rats
Wait, so the rats are eating the women's clothing, and we need to either train them to stop or get worse, you say? Is that replacing the polishing of solar panels? Are we cleaning barnacles? Dusting sails? How do we earn our sister's respect if we can't peep in the shower and polish her panels? :p

• Haha
Reactions: rKnight

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
How do we earn our sister's respect if we can't peep in the shower and polish her panels? :p
That's easy, to see your "roommate" naked, you need to find all the sheep that were lost in the village, then she will come down to thank you and you will have one chance to make her laugh by using the old fish you found in chapter 4. If she does laugh, it means you're on the right path. Wait 22 moons so that the whole carrot farming cycle is over and go to her room in the afternoon. There she will lay defenseless and asleep. If you bought her 342 flowers during the first 7 chapters, she will be in her undies!!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
That's easy, to see your "roommate" naked, you need to find all the sheep that were lost in the village, then she will come down to thank you and you will have one chance to make her laugh by using the old fish you found in chapter 4. If she does laugh, it means you're on the right path. Wait 22 moons so that the whole carrot farming cycle is over and go to her room in the afternoon. There she will lay defenseless and asleep. If you bought her 342 flowers during the first 7 chapters, she will be in her undies!!
Can you give us a headstart? How many sheep should we be looking for?

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Huti, is this all before or after we set sail? I haven't found enough dirt on the ship yet to plant my carrots, is this gonna be something like waterworld where I get dirt from below the waves? Maybe Freydis could help since she always threatens to throw MC overboard. Also I thought you said no animal transport but now we have sheep... at least we can get some wool for shoes, need to keep those boards from creaking while sneaking down the deck.

I will miss the sister after MC sets sail that exorcism head turn is a thing to make a man's heart flutter.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Huti, is this all before or after we set sail? I haven't found enough dirt on the ship yet to plant my carrots, is this gonna be something like waterworld where I get dirt from below the waves? Maybe Freydis could help since she always threatens to throw MC overboard. Also I thought you said no animal transport but now we have sheep... at least we can get some wool for shoes, need to keep those boards from creaking while sneaking down the deck.

I will miss the sister after MC sets sail that exorcism head turn is a thing to make a man's heart flutter.
Chapter 1 takes place before, during and after setting sail, so be careful when you wish to start the carrot mission! It will all be made clear soon™

• Wow

215303j

Thanks for the info dump, I love that shit! :D

Also, I guess it's pretty cool that the only Viking ship asset I could find was so spot on ;)

Just need to find a way to put those tent-like sheets and we're all set!
You're more than welcome!

If I can give some small comments on this render:

- Each crew member would have his own chest. These chests were used as benches for the rowers to sit on and would contain their personal belongings.

- Barrels should be transported laying down (and not standing up like in your render). They should also be properly lashed:

(go to ch. 6 Securing against sliding and tipping)

• Love
Reactions: Huitieme
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes