VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I have already a hard enough time finding a character name and now you make me look up sword names :p
I named my Warrior sword Brandr (Warrior MC is not that bright :LOL:) and my Scholar sword Fròðleikr (You're the only person capable of making me search the alt codes for Icelandic letters :LOL:)
BTW I ran into a "bug" the ð appeared when typing the name but was a square later, you might want to look into that if anyone else try to be fancy and use Icelandic words :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
So I've come into another bug and didn't want to keep editing my previous post
Also, I think you'll be happy to know that I've grown to like Gudrid :D She's a sly fox that one (one might say as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University ;) )
Also Also

Reactions: 215303j

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
BTW I ran into a "bug" the ð appeared when typing the name but was a square later, you might want to look into that if anyone else try to be fancy and use Icelandic words :D
Alright, this one ain't a bug as much as just the font not accepting the character. I could fix it, but it would mean that I'd need to anticipate all alt char used by the players, so I don't know. Maybe just use a "d", like any sane person (also it's pronounced "th").
So I've come into another bug and didn't want to keep editing my previous post
Erf, that one is a bug though. It's the second bug encountered in Gudrid's path, but could be tied to the same mistake in the code.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you like Gudrid now :) Have you tried Freydis path as well?

Reactions: TheDevian

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That was pretty good, I liked both routes. FreyFrey was super cute, so adorable with her bloody nose. Gudrid is probably gonna seduce MC, she is a super perv masquerading as a lady.

Also, named my sword Lynyrd in the Gudrid route and Skynyrd in the Freydis route. I just feel like it makes sense, you know?

• Love
Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That was pretty good, I liked both routes. FreyFrey was super cute, so adorable with her bloody nose. Gudrid is probably gonna seduce MC, she is a super perv masquerading as a lady.

Also, named my sword Lynyrd in the Gudrid route and Skynyrd in the warrior route. I just feel like it makes sense, you know?
And this sword you cannot change? :D

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Alright, this one ain't a bug as much as just the font not accepting the character. I could fix it, but it would mean that I'd need to anticipate all alt char used by the players, so I don't know. Maybe just use a "d", like any sane person (also it's pronounced "th").

Erf, that one is a bug though. It's the second bug encountered in Gudrid's path, but could be tied to the same mistake in the code.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you like Gudrid now :) Have you tried Freydis path as well?
Of course, I did Freydis path first :D I've never seen such a strong woman be so cute :love:

bakiks31

Jul 24, 2019
Looks promising game!!!!
LOVE THE MODEL :love::love::love:
Hope there's ANIMATED soon!!!
hope the story is not to hard to read, I don't want to get nosebleed(y):LOL:

Reactions: Huitieme

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

Vinland v0.1.3a is out, biatches
Hi everyone! This is early Xmas for you :)
A little bit more than a year ago, I've come to learn about the world of adult games, and soon an idea popped in my head: "Eh, it doesn't seem too hard, I bet I can make one!" On both accounts, I was right and wrong. True, it's not too hard, but it ain't easy either. And whether or not I can make one... It'll all depend on what you think of this release!
If we forget about the month of October (IRL obligations, no time to work on the game), I've spent around 4 months on this update. It's slow, I know. Which is why I intend to have shorter releases later on, unless the narration imperatives force me to change my plans once more. We'll see.
Regarding the release workflow, this update is totally free and open to everyone, patron or not. Starting from the next one, I'll first release the beta version more or less as soon as it's done to 10$ patrons, and then after one week, it'll go live. My objective is to have some time to fix potential bugs before giving it up to the world. That being said, this version *is* a beta and I'm counting on all of you to give me lots and lots of feedback and report any bug you may encounter.
Replayability is a big component of this chapter, as there's just no way you could see everything in one playthrough. There are two main paths: Freydis warrior and Gudrid scholar (Freydis scholar and Gudrid warrior will come later) and each path will divide into a few others.

Changelog v0.1.3a
  • First part of Chapter 1
  • Gudrid scholar path
  • Freydis warrior path
  • + 820 renders (total 1000)
  • + 10 music (total 17)
  • + 9 Freydis bonus renders
  • + 3500 lines
  • + good replayability :)

Btw: if you're wondering, here's how I manage the versioning, v0.1.3a:
  • 0: major release, will only be incremented once the development reaches its end.
  • 1: medium release, I want this number to reflect the last available chapter number. It will be incremented when the story reaches a new chapter.
  • 3: minor release, new updates of various sizes. In this case, it's a 3 because I think we've reached 30% of the first chapter.
  • a: status of the release. "a" is for the first release, beta status if you wish, then I'll change letters depending on the bug fixes.
any plans for the scholorior path?

timepants

God of Time (and Pants)
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017

Also, named my sword Lynyrd in the Gudrid route and Skynyrd in the Freydis route. I just feel like it makes sense, you know?
I named my sword "Stabby"

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
I went back and replayed the Warrior path going full berserkr and boy I would have missed some good content if I didn't :D
Also, Brynjulf intrigues me, Am I the only one thinking he's actually a woman with a fake beard ?

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017

I keep getting a parsing the script error message when I try to start the game. Can anyone help? 1576848028220.png

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Hey Huitty, I feel like I've tried every permutation on the Gudrid path but never got anything on the top right corner in the decisions screen at the end, is there simply no decision there or have I just not found it yet ?

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes