VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I expect big things in small packages. Huiti always says that when Ava is around. So I might have to re-evaluate my opinion being he is probably threatened with some kind of small violence if he goes against her about making more Freydis. Huiti blink 1 for yes, 30 for no.
tenor.gif

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Thank you. I'll be serious for once, updates are coming way slower than I'd like :/
Understandable. I really like your renders and I realise that when you want to do a good job some delays is inevitable. It refreshing to fing an adventure game without grinding or turn based combat. Just simple choice based VN. Hopefully stays that way. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your new release.

Just out of curiosity there was a comic called the vinland saga which chronicled the life of a viking boy who becomes a slave to the normans, escapes and returns home years later and attemps to reach the mythical vinland to start his live fresh. Any inspiration for your game?

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Understandable. I really like your renders and I realise that when you want to do a good job some delays is inevitable. It refreshing to fing an adventure game without grinding or turn based combat. Just simple choice based VN. Hopefully stays that way. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your new release.

Just out of curiosity there was a comic called the vinland saga which chronicled the life of a viking boy who becomes a slave to the normans, escapes and returns home years later and attemps to reach the mythical vinland to start his live fresh. Any inspiration for your game?
Actually the manga is inspired by the real , Huitty is a fan of the manga but his characters are vastly different from the manga ones (which I'm sure are in turn vastly different from the historical ones ;))

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Kind of. Vinland Saga has been a favorite of mine for years and I fully recommend reading it (not watching it, as I'm not into anime and cannot vouch for the quality of the adaptation). When I've started thinking I could make a game, my mind went in several directions and eventually, I settled for a Viking-like setting.

The first version of the game had you, as the protagonist, coming back from some pillage with a new Gaelic slave woman (Freydis prototype). After a bit of partying in the intro, you would break your leg and miss the call to Vinland, thus staying in the village with only women (oh, the humanity!).

Then, little by little, I learned a bit more about the expedition, made the model for Freydis, largely inspired by her true (?) historical words: "Why run you away from such worthless creatures, stout men that ye are, when, as seems to me likely you might slaughter them like so many cattle? Give me a weapon! I know I could fight better than any of you." I also thought some "native american" girl would be interesting as well, and then I switched the point of view. The poor guy with the broken leg is now your brother, and you're a valiant seafaring adventurer! Makes for a better story :)

So yeah, Vinland Saga is a bit of an inspiration, if only because the historical facts are already pretty epic :D

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Where is that game? we need a finished village of the brave bold long and deep hero
crushing bosoms and crunching on them bums!
the protagonist, coming back from some pillage with a new Gaelic slave woman (Freydis prototype). After a bit of partying in the intro, you would break your leg and miss the call to Vinland, thus staying in the village with only women (oh, the humanity!)
You barbaric denominator for a Loki follower!
Bring back the humanity of being the hero back home ... why show the cruel conquest far off?

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Actually the manga is inspired by the real , Huitty is a fan of the manga but his characters are vastly different from the manga ones (which I'm sure are in turn vastly different from the historical ones ;))
Ok. I heard it was inspired by actual events. Didn't know it was an actual historical book. Hopefullythe game ends up as historically awesome as the real thing ;)

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Kind of. Vinland Saga has been a favorite of mine for years and I fully recommend reading it (not watching it, as I'm not into anime and cannot vouch for the quality of the adaptation). When I've started thinking I could make a game, my mind went in several directions and eventually, I settled for a Viking-like setting.

The first version of the game had you, as the protagonist, coming back from some pillage with a new Gaelic slave woman (Freydis prototype). After a bit of partying in the intro, you would break your leg and miss the call to Vinland, thus staying in the village with only women (oh, the humanity!).

Then, little by little, I learned a bit more about the expedition, made the model for Freydis, largely inspired by her true (?) historical words: "Why run you away from such worthless creatures, stout men that ye are, when, as seems to me likely you might slaughter them like so many cattle? Give me a weapon! I know I could fight better than any of you." I also thought some "native american" girl would be interesting as well, and then I switched the point of view. The poor guy with the broken leg is now your brother, and you're a valiant seafaring adventurer! Makes for a better story :)

So yeah, Vinland Saga is a bit of an inspiration, if only because the historical facts are already pretty epic :D
Looking forward to experiencing the epic. Your new direction makes sense. Definitely will be more interesting and stimulating in the long term. Your original idea would have had a limited scope and shelf life with so many games around having the same idea and storyline. So good idea to change. Though it might not be bad idea to revisit the original concept in the future as a stand alone spinoff or special addition. Maybe use the brother.

Your quote about Freydis got me thinking. Ever considered doing the game from her perspective? You know, a female protaganist? she is a badass. Just a thought

Narakumi

Mar 18, 2019
Your quote about Freydis got me thinking. Ever considered doing the game from her perspective? You know, a female protaganist? she is a badass. Just a thought
Come on guys she is way to strong for the japanese style protagonist who gets raped by everyone, and way to shy to be the one doing the seducing herself. The only way I can imagine it is a spinoff after this game, once we made her more open (pun absolutely intended) to the world and it's beauties..... ;)

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Come on guys she is way to strong for the japanese style protagonist who gets raped by everyone, and way to shy to be the one doing the seducing herself. The only way I can imagine it is a spinoff after this game, once we made her more open (pun absolutely intended) to the world and it's beauties..... ;)
She need not do either. She is strong and influential enough to command her peoples loyalty and respect. So no one is going to try rape her considering she is capable of beating him to death with her bare hands. Also her brother has got her back. As for the seduction part thats where the protaganist part comes in. You know stay single or fuck a guy/gal for fun or find a true partner. Pretty much thats choices we make as part of the game. Just saying

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well, a Freyfrey-centered game is not in my plans, but for those who remember, there is a plan to have a female protag at one point.

Hint: Olafette

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes