VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi Zareem, this is a serious question so I'll answer seriously. It's because I don't want to lie to my patrons. I have no "goal" per se, I have a job that allows me to live comfortably, so I can't promise to work full time on it after a certain amount (unless I was sure that I could earn at least 3000$ monthly, which would mean double that amount on Patreon because of taxes), my Pc is good enough and if I do change it, it would be my choice, not the patrons' (especially once a certain Cyberpunk is out :3). Also, I don't really care about making money. For now, I'm just a slow sloooooow ass dev who likes big red girls and has fun making my little VN. This is also why I paused the charge for this month.

Maybe it'll all change in the future, though, but that's my honest answer right now.

I'm currently posing the last scene of the update, so if everything is going well, the 10$ version will be up this weekend (I know, it's ironic with my "no money no care" poise, but that's what seemed fairer to patrons). One week later, the free4all version will be up. If someone wants to share the first version in this forum, I won't stop them tho, as we're on a pirate forum and that's the name of the game :D
HARHAR, unfortunately I am not a USD 10 patron, maybe the infamous pirate Akky could help. Else one week does not seem to bad anyway. :p

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Hi Zareem, this is a serious question so I'll answer seriously. It's because I don't want to lie to my patrons. I have no "goal" per se, I have a job that allows me to live comfortably, so I can't promise to work full time on it after a certain amount (unless I was sure that I could earn at least 3000$ monthly, which would mean double that amount on Patreon because of taxes), my Pc is good enough and if I do change it, it would be my choice, not the patrons' (especially once a certain Cyberpunk is out :3). Also, I don't really care about making money. For now, I'm just a slow sloooooow ass dev who likes big red girls and has fun making my little VN. This is also why I paused the charge for this month.

Maybe it'll all change in the future, though, but that's my honest answer right now.

I'm currently posing the last scene of the update, so if everything is going well, the 10$ version will be up this weekend (I know, it's ironic with my "no money no care" poise, but that's what seemed fairer to patrons). One week later, the free4all version will be up. If someone wants to share the first version in this forum, I won't stop them tho, as we're on a pirate forum and that's the name of the game :D
We all know you are just waiting on Nvidia to put out the 3080 ti RTX Supers, so you can buy 4 and render Keanu in glorious 4k which is what he deserves and nothing less heathen.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
HARHAR, unfortunately I am not a USD 10 patron, maybe the infamous pirate Akky could help. Else one week does not seem to bad anyway. :p
Since I paused charge, maybe you could "scum" your way to the release, but with payment upfront, I'm not sure it'll work :unsure:

Reactions: DA22

Zareem

May 20, 2017

Thanks for answering. Who/what is Cyberpunk?

Zareem

May 20, 2017

50% income tax? In which country is that? Isn't that too much?

Zareem

May 20, 2017
Btw,

The reason I'm asking is that based on your storytelling & graphic design skills, you could easily be in the DrPinkCake category. Or even better.

I wonder why this game is so underappreciated. You are slow dev for sure, but still.

215303j

50% income tax? In which country is that? Isn't that too much?
Most of Western Europe unfortunately...

And that is just income tax. In addition you have value added tax, road tax, car tax, energy tax, insurance tax, gift tax, inheritance tax, municipal / regional tax, housing tax, dog tax, postage tax, garbage tax, sewage tax, fuel tax, alcohol tax, tobacco tax, CO2 tax, etc. etc.

I think I pay about 70-80% of my income in taxes at some point, but maybe it's even more.

And soon it will be increased in order to prevent Italy and Spain from defaulting...

Nevertheless, this is not communism... :whistle:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
The reason I'm asking is that based on your storytelling & graphic design skills, you could easily be in the DrPinkCake category. Or even better.
Well, that's awfully nice of you to say, although I'm afraid I can't accept the compliment. If you wanna see real storytelling and graphic skills, I can't recommend enough that you go have a look at Heavy Five (best AVN ever) from Nottravis or The DeLuca Family from HopesGaming, two games that heavily inspired me :) If you still want great graphics and story from a more "classic" setting, I'd say Summer Scent, Bad Memories and Doctor Amana might also quench your thirst.

I wonder why this game is so underappreciated. You are slow dev for sure, but still.
Well, for this one, I think the answer is simple: there's no sex scene yet. Also, it took me four months for the first update and four more months for the one to come (which, I'm afraid, will be awfully short :(). Thankfully, the next release (which will have lewd scenes) will take me less time.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, that's awfully nice of you to say, although I'm afraid I can't accept the compliment. If you wanna see real storytelling and graphic skills, I can't recommend enough that you go have a look at Heavy Five (best AVN ever) from Nottravis or The DeLuca Family from HopesGaming, two games that heavily inspired me :) If you still want great graphics and story from a more "classic" setting, I'd say Summer Scent, Bad Memories and Doctor Amana might also quench your thirst.

Well, for this one, I think the answer is simple: there's no sex scene yet. Also, it took me four months for the first update and four more months for the one to come (which, I'm afraid, will be awfully short :(). Thankfully, the next release (which will have lewd scenes) will take me less time.
Promises, promises. :p

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes