VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

gunzen

Oct 23, 2017
could be a great game altogether, but the updates are too slow. sorry, but that's the truth. it's been like this since the first release of the game. with the huge gaps between updates, there should have been more advancement in the story. but, sadly, there isn't. it's like, one regular update from you is equal to three or more updates from other developer. yes, you are very slow.

• Angry
Reactions: Sh1iNobu and Dalish

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
could be a great game altogether, but the updates are too slow. sorry, but that's the truth. it's been like this since the first release of the game. with the huge gaps between updates, there should have been more advancement in the story. but, sadly, there isn't. it's like, one regular update from you is equal to three or more updates from other developer. yes, you are very slow.
Some developers are faster and some slower. Some developers have the game mainly as a hobby project and have other full-time jobs, which doesn't mean it's bad. Some of the VNs from hobby developers are among the best we can find on f95zone.

This VN is quite ambitious, because creating several paths in parallel is not easy.
I believe this VN could be one of the most interesting stories on f95zone, but before the story progresses significantly, it takes a long time.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yup, I know and I'm not gonna pretend it's normal or anything, or that I was hit by the weg dev curse of "someone I know got sick/I got depressed/my life is in shambles/I got in a car accident/etc.". No, the reason is way more simple, I have a fulltime job and social interactions that make it so I can't spend too long on the game. I sure wish it could progress more, but that ain't the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I won't lie to you and tell you that if I make enough patreon money, I'll dedicate more time/resources to the game, because that likely won't happen (unless I get fired, which, in this general pandemic atmosphere, could very well happen). I simply hope y'all enjoy the updates when they're out, and the subsequent ones should be easier because they won't need as much path. There's a convergence coming!

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
Hey, Huitieme just wanted to say I absolutely love the game, plot, girls and paths and will more than ok waiting for more! Also hope you don't lose your job during the pandemic. Good luck with the game!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey, Huitieme just wanted to say I absolutely love the game, plot, girls and paths and will more than ok waiting for more! Also hope you don't lose your job during the pandemic. Good luck with the game!
Thank you :)

Worry not for my job, it'll only mean I'd finally work more on the game :p I have no real reason to worry for now anyway.

By the way, Everyone who likes the game, tomorrow (or Saturday, depending on your timezone), the v0.1.6b version will be out and there will be more than just a few fixed/added typos with it, so stay tuned.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Yup, I know and I'm not gonna pretend it's normal or anything, or that I was hit by the weg dev curse of "someone I know got sick/I got depressed/my life is in shambles/I got in a car accident/etc.". No, the reason is way more simple, I have a fulltime job and social interactions that make it so I can't spend too long on the game. I sure wish it could progress more, but that ain't the case ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, I won't lie to you and tell you that if I make enough patreon money, I'll dedicate more time/resources to the game, because that likely won't happen (unless I get fired, which, in this general pandemic atmosphere, could very well happen). I simply hope y'all enjoy the updates when they're out, and the subsequent ones should be easier because they won't need as much path. There's a convergence coming!
Man, if you wanted to make a lot of money with VN, you'd have to make a roommate / landlady game where MC moves into a house with one landlady and two or three roommates after his father died in a car accident. Games that have a different plot usually remain just a hobby project, because they don't get that much support.
So you probably won't make tens of thousands of dollars soon and you won't be tempted to leave your full time job.
:D

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Akamari

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I like that huiti has a job and other obligations, can you imagine if we had 100% of his attention. That would be like the creepy smothering girlfriend meme, just uglier and less sex.

Reactions: Narakumi
Aug 8, 2016
Hey man, congrats on the new release. It's cool to see the game taking shape and being fleshed out. I get there will always be those who complain due to lack of content etc, but I just wanted to join the rest of the cool kids and sing it's praises. This is looking increasingly promising each release. (y)

Since you now have what seems to be 4 distinct routes, scholar and warrior/scholarrior for each ship, will you be working on all simultaneously, focusing on completing one and/or merging them at times?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey man, congrats on the new release. It's cool to see the game taking shape and being fleshed out. I get there will always be those who complain due to lack of content etc, but I just wanted to join the rest of the cool kids and sing it's praises. This is looking increasingly promising each release. (y)

Since you now have what seems to be 4 distinct routes, scholar and warrior/scholarrior for each ship, will you be working on all simultaneously, focusing on completing one and/or merging them at times?
Thank you, surprisingly, not a lot of people complained, which makes me one of the loudest to be unhappy with the size of the update \o/

Next update will be a step toward the merging of the paths for each ship. I intend to have releases out by story bricks, so no route will be individually released (except maybe for testing purposes, but that's different). Next stop, the interlewds \o/

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Let me guess, time travel shenanigans where one of the ships gets ripped through time (a total of 2 hours, this was a shit time dilation portal), and they have to track it down, but of course hijinks ensues, one of the ships is lost but everyone and everything get into a single ship, and now we need bunk beds.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Not enough pillaging.

But just actually being critical, the thinness, colors, and how it is against specific colors making it almost impossible to read. As a small personal touch, it would be nice if there was a similar font of it, but looking more like it was drawn with rudimentary chalk/charcoal.

I will wait for your other release before I go through and pick everything apart to make you cry.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I like how the scar bleeds into the makeup so it looks like it is crying. I guess weeping wounds has a new meaning.

Nah, I was meaning still Runic, just chalky/messy, instead of very exact and uniform. It would kind of keep it as both similar but also non canon since different distinguishable font.

Mainly similar style, just a bit thicker lettering and messy ends. The one you just showed makes me think of the outer limits.

However, maybe just bold or something might do it, adding too many fonts can make things look ugly.

However Much easier to read that than the Red text slightly on a red sail.

Or how your "Start" blends in with the sky.

Personally I dislike lime green, limes are just worse lemons.

Last edited:

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
I can't find any other words:
I'm Sold and definitely on the watch list.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
At first I thought MC was going to lose his balls.
It will be interesting to see what the consequences of that will be.

Reactions: Huitieme
4.60 star(s) 34 Votes