VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes
Dec 29, 2018
I noticed that if you now name your sword Astrid, you get an extra bit of dialogue where the main character says he names it after his sister. I think that it's a nice little addition to the game.

If you do name the sword after Astrid, she claims that calling it Astrid's Bane would be better. So I tried naming it that instead, and there is also a special line of dialogue there too. But in the end, I ended up just calling it Astrid because Astrid's Bane would mean that it's a good sword to use against Astrids. You know, like how a sword named Dragonsbane is for killing dragons.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
So... There is no new content right or its not updated yet?
The new content is only two alternative paths starting from the choice to board a ship or the other.
Tomorrow, I'll upload an enhanced release with a new scene at the end of the Gudrid warrior path and some bonus.

Reactions: CrazyRabbit

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I noticed that if you now name your sword Astrid, you get an extra bit of dialogue where the main character says he names it after his sister. I think that it's a nice little addition to the game.

If you do name the sword after Astrid, she claims that calling it Astrid's Bane would be better. So I tried naming it that instead, and there is also a special line of dialogue there too. But in the end, I ended up just calling it Astrid because Astrid's Bane would mean that it's a good sword to use against Astrids. You know, like how a sword named Dragonsbane is for killing dragons.
Good to know.

Spaghett

Jan 10, 2018
This "Scholarrior" is called Honey Boo Boo Olafsson, and this great sword is called Ass Poker...

WORTH IT.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Changelog v0.1.6b
+ fixed typos
+ improved menu interface
+ new scene at the end of the Gudrid Warrior path to tie it all better
+ new flags in Gudrid paths
+ 3 bonus scenes (20 new renders + 9 old renders)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I see you took out Freydis bonus pics since you put them in the bonus gallery and forgot to remove the flag :p
Yup, that's what happened. I'll release a revised script file soon. Let's wait if there are other fixes to be done.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes