VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Looks like Gudrid and Zaina have the same number of votes for the pinup, so I guess it's gonna be double pinup for the next update :)
Regarding the patron bonus scene for the month of May, it was really close but the western setting won over the futuristic one thanks to a 15$ patron whose vote counted for more. But don't lose hope, I'll have a new poll up soon :)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Can I ask you an annoying question?? when will be the next update ??
I want see more the Freydis she Looks bold from outside but she is really sweet inside She is my main girl?? Hope to see more of her.. Friendly Duels
That's two annoying questions at once! D:
Sorry, but I only have one annoying answer to give you: the next update will be out when I finish working on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Right now, I've done one scene (a lewd one :whistle:) and a half for Gudrid's path, and I start working on Freydis stuff afterward (to benefit from things I learned while working on Gudrid).

• Love
Reactions: harryy

harryy

Feb 8, 2020
That's two annoying questions at once! D:
Sorry, but I only have one annoying answer to give you: the next update will be out when I finish working on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Right now, I've done one scene (a lewd one :whistle:) and a half for Gudrid's path, and I start working on Freydis stuff afterward (to benefit from things I learned while working on Gudrid).
Yeah, Sorry for annoying you
Just wanted to know about the progress cause I am not a Patreon and I can't access the info.
Sorry for that
And about the bear girl I just love her she is really cute. Your renders are cool and contain so much details.
like Curiosity killed the cat I am so curious about the story and I saw you replying the posts in this forum and I asked what I wanted to know hoping you will reply. And for my surprise you did replied.
Thanks for the info and keep rocking bro and Vinland is one of my Fav Games
Waiting to continue the adventure with my Excalibur and My lovely Freydis.

Last edited:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Just wanted to know about the progress cause I am not a Patreon and I can't access the info.
Sorry for that
And about the bear girl I just love her she is really cute. Your renders are cool and contain so much details.
like Curiosity killed the cat I am so curious about the story and I saw you replying the posts in this forum and I asked what I wanted to know hoping you will reply. And for my surprise you did replied.
Thanks for the info and keep rocking bro and Vinland is one of my Fav Games
Waiting to continue the adventure with my Excalibur and My lovely Freydis.
Huiti is joking on being annoyed, but I would assume every dev dislikes being asked when is the next update. Just as much as every driver hates being asked "are we there yet?". Most Devs will just reply with "When it's done". Plus Huiti is as slow as the journey across the ocean to Vinland. So don't take any of it personal.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Huiti is joking on being annoyed. So don't take any of it personal.
This ↑

Don't worry, the thing is that I'm indeed slow and I always hope I could release much in one go, alas that is hard to do now (especially with the lockdown being lifted where I live and I have to go back to the office now).

• Haha
Reactions: harryy

harryy

Feb 8, 2020
This ↑

Don't worry, the thing is that I'm indeed slow and I always hope I could release much in one go, alas that is hard to do now (especially with the lockdown being lifted where I live and I have to go back to the office now).
You are not that slow man
The updates you released have lots of stuff inside so many outcomes and soo many choices every choice changes the next coming scenes that is really cool.like every choice matters.
And you are doing the whole work so it takes time.
keep Going
stay safe

Reactions: Huitieme

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Regarding the patron bonus scene for the month of May, it was really close but the western setting won over the futuristic one thanks to a 15$ patron whose vote counted for more. But don't lose hope, I'll have a new poll up soon :)
NOOOOOOOO
Serves me right for not paying attention to my payment info.

This is exactly what those political cartoons said would happen, I should have listened :(

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Now, to try and justify my relentless waste of update notifications by offering something completely biased constructive.

I am not a fan of the +1 type stuff popping up when it comes to this game.
I understand it for something way more simplistic, or the opposite, something way more complex, where there are 30 stats to keep track of.
I agree completely. I think explicit notification of 'points' like that works best when you have either a large number of contrasting stats to keep track of, or a much less structured game such as those that have clearly-defined and mostly self-contained character routes/paths that the player is free to pursue at their leisure.

For a more tightly-plotted experience like Vinland I prefer things to be as diegetic as possible. Personally, I think Nottravis has the perfect implementation, and certainly the best I've yet seen - the combination of a diegetic character info screen that updates as your relationship (or perceived relationship) with certain characters changes, and a end-of-chapter summary screens that are just brief notifications along the lines of 'you accomplished [action]' or 'you did not see [event]'. The summaries remind me of another game that I can't quite remember, but that might just be me hallucinating again.

I think even the summaries alone, or something similarly simple, would be more than enough here, as Vinland's character introductions are handled differently to Heavy Five's.

Well, if I do it, it won't just be a "Gudrid love +1" type of thing, but more like "Character likes it" or "Character does not like it" just to steer you toward the right direction.
(Gudrid slightly approves)
That's also a good way of doing it.

Huitieme said:
Well, that would be the wrong thing to do since love/like points aren't really relevant in the gameplay, I mainly use them as reference points for when I write the script. I don't want someone down the line to miss a scene because they have only 13 love points when it requires 14.
That's good to hear. That can work for some games but in my experience it usually doesn't, and in game with a clearly progressing narrative like this one it's always annoying to miss out on a great scene because you didn't manage your affection points or whatever just right. Once again, I can only congratulate you on your excellent work so far and emphasise how much I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the game.

I know I'm responding to posts that are rather a while old so don't feel the need to respond in detail or anything, it doesn't fuss me. Just wanted to offer some thoughts.

215303j

does hame have femdom, footjob, or futas?
Femdom: the game certainly has strong-willed women. If you allow them to dominate you is up to the player, so far.
Footjob: not at the moment, no idea if it is planned or not
Futa: it's set in the Viking age, so futa's weren't really a thing back then. It does contain women crossdressing as men

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
does hame have femdom, footjob, or futas?
Hi, Thialf have said it all:
Femdom: the game certainly has strong-willed women. If you allow them to dominate you is up to the player, so far.
Footjob: not at the moment, no idea if it is planned or not
Futa: it's set in the Viking age, so futa's weren't really a thing back then. It does contain women crossdressing as men
To sum it up:
  • Femdom: there will be some light femdom and BDSM
  • Footjob: I'm not a fan, but there is at least one scene planned
  • Futa: nope.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes