VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Cool!!! Scar on face like from Ciri, strong warrior woman, but with femine side. She overthrone Frendris from first place in my ranking of best girls. I hope in the future there will be more option for non-scholar paths with her. By the way, how do you call MC? I used to give him name Skjar, because he isn't worth of Ragnar, but I still like him.
I named my warrior MC Ragnar and my scholar one Floki :D

Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Olaf, sounds good.
Small question, did you do all job alone? Making arts, writing speaches, program working? It is huge men.
Yup, that's all me baby! It isn't that hard, actually, but I won't say things like "it must be easy" anymore as I did before I started ^^
Learning Daz seems hard at first but the more you put into it, the more you can do with it, and Renpy is pretty simple as long as you're not aiming to do "real" dev. I mean, my "code" is just a lot of sentences with some variables and shit. As soon as I have to change the interface, tho, is when the real trouble begins! I usually look at other people's code then and try to emulate what they did until I'm satisfied with the result. What I'd like to learn is how to do smooth animations now, because Daz is awful for that and there won't be any animation which I do not find pleasant (suspicious Olaf notwithstanding).

Man I thought his true name was the silly one from the H5 thread. Now I am sad Huiti.
Oh, you can try "Pepito Olafsson" if you wish. I'm sure nothing will happen in your game if you do that... :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yup, that's all me baby! It isn't that hard, actually, but I won't say things like "it must be easy" anymore as I did before I started ^^
Learning Daz seems hard at first but the more you put into it, the more you can do with it, and Renpy is pretty simple as long as you're not aiming to do "real" dev. I mean, my "code" is just a lot of sentences with some variables and shit. As soon as I have to change the interface, tho, is when the real trouble begins! I usually look at other people's code then and try to emulate what they did until I'm satisfied with the result. What I'd like to learn is how to do smooth animations now, because Daz is awful for that and there won't be any animation which I do not find pleasant (suspicious Olaf notwithstanding).

Oh, you can try "Pepito Olafsson" if you wish. I'm sure nothing will happen in your game if you do that... :)
You are a real Dev Huiti, if you think most programmer's don't use pre-written or figured out code, then you are very wrong.

3 biggest feats of being a programmer.

Ability to Read and Understand Code
Ability to Write and Edit Code
Ability to Find Pre-written Code

Need thing done, search for plugin/tool/pre-made/pre-written code, get that thing, check it for bugs/typos/problems, edit it to fit your stuff and shove it in.

You most likely saved yourself from writing 2.7k lines of code, congrats.
---------

I give you a coding challenge! (Joking)

If you really want to, make it so that the game will RNG a name if none are put in, to show off more Easter egg names.
---------

I can only say you will have to bug the more talented devs in regard to smooth animations.

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I give you a coding challenge! (Joking)

If you really want to, make it so that the game will RNG a name if none are put in, to show off more Easter egg names.
Challenge accept-not

There are already quite a few easter eggs depending on how you name the MC or his sword, and I sometimes add a few more between version, just because I can :D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey huiti did you read the Romanhume post? Maybe if you give him nordic vacations he will trade you easier coding.
Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea, especially since RomanHume actually did the notebook thing I had in mind, with a bunch of parameters...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Argonath

May 19, 2017
I rarely comment on anything here but i just wanted to say, dude, freydis is already one of my favorite girls ever, and i'm currently playing 19 different games, i want her to dominate me so bad T-T that fit pale freckled body is to die for, i didn't even think twice before jumping on the "Typpasjúgari" i love the witty personality you gave her too, the humor in this game is awesome lol my MC's name is Sigurd and i named my sword "Ferum" which means iron in latin, i took it from a folk metal band called Ensiferum, maybe someone here knows it, anyway! hope there's a lot more content of her and she beats us up some more in the future, with her feet maybe? >.> idk just a thought, loved that animation, btw i don't know if the dev answered this already but could anyone tell me what's the song that plays in the menu before you start the game? guess that's all, thank you dev for creating this great game and the great Freydis Bear-My-Children.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
... btw i don't know if the dev answered this already but could anyone tell me what's the song that plays in the menu before you start the game? guess that's all, thank you dev for creating this great game and the great Freydis Bear-My-Children.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you like that little world. The theme song is called "Voluspå (from the Edda)" and it comes from a site I found when I was looking for "real" folkloric Norse songs, but I can't find the site anymore :( Gudrid's theme comes from there as well (it's called "Lilja" and I just separated the musical part from the sung part). You can find the mp3 if you open the game/bgm folder (with all the files I used for the music).

Also, since you might be the first player ever to like Freydis, here's a little bonus ;p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ok guys, I think I found a good compromise with lighting :)
Before:
View attachment 667369
Now:
View attachment 667370

Also, this one is for mah boy somebodynobody ;)
How did you know stock photo models of women in suits who are smiling and pointing was my thing?

Outside of the joke, the lighting looks good. I am assuming this was for the problem you had about under the tent and sunset/sunrise time frames. What was the fix?

Nice on the save game. So the hamburgling was eventful? Mayor McCheese didn't notice anything?

Did you get your crown jewel of the notebook?

Maybe you can pass on the glorious word of save files to Notty? Wouldn't that be fun.

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
How did you know stock photo models of women in suits who are smiling and pointing was my thing?
I know mah boys

Outside of the joke, the lighting looks good. I am assuming this was for the problem you had about under the tent and sunset/sunrise time frames. What was the fix?
I'm using Tenebroso lighting with an orange rig to give this sunsetty look to the whole scene while still giving enough lighting for the renders to look nice :)

Nice on the save game. So the hamburgling was eventful? Mayor McCheese didn't notice anything?
it took me a few tries to understand how the whole thing worked, and I had to simplify the code a lot since it was pretty taylored for Fetish Locator and I didn't need all these features.

Did you get your crown jewel of the notebook?
I haven't looked into it yet. The save thing was "easy" to understand, but I'm not as confident for this one...

Maybe you can pass on the glorious word of save files to Notty? Wouldn't that be fun.
Unfortunately, Notty ain't like me, she's got in-tay-gree-tea and she might not like using what is essentially stolen found and enhanced code :(

Reactions: TheDevian

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Awesome game! I really like the setting and the story of the game. Cant wait for more! Question though when I'm doing the Frey on the warrior path I get an error at the end when it says freyfrey has a message for you.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes