VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I request something of you huiti.

Have you played Fetish Locator? You don't have to actually play the game, I just need you to steal their naming of save files system.
You do know that you can name the save pages, right? I'm asking because this is a tip too few people know about ^^
Anyway, I'll look into it, if it can help players manage their saves AND it's not too complex for me to understand, I'll see what I can do :)

Reactions: 215303j

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You do know that you can name the save pages, right? I'm asking because this is a tip too few people know about ^^
Anyway, I'll look into it, if it can help players manage their saves AND it's not too complex for me to understand, I'll see what I can do :)
My main thing with most ren'py saves is not enough slots per page. Harem Hotel's 100 slots per page is the best! :p

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yes I know Huiti, but this is a way to name each save itself. Imagine you have say 100 choices, ability to name each save to mention which choice allows you to know everything.

Having a page that is Gudrid Ship as Scholar is cool, but like 4 chapters later you are now wondering which of the 6 on that page has you being intimate with coconuts.

So with this you can still name the page with the main attributes, but that one special one that you want to remember your coconut lover will be there and easily identifiable.

Reactions: Huitieme

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
My main thing with most ren'py saves is not enough slots per page. Harem Hotel's 100 slots per page is the best! :p
Yeah, 100 might be a tad too many, but I just succeeded in making each page host 12 saves. I fear that this could impact the compatibility in the end, tho :/
screenshot0001.png

And I've added a little "delete" button as well :)
1589934701369.png

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, 100 might be a tad too many, but I just succeeded in making each page host 12 saves. I fear that this could impact the compatibility in the end, tho :/
View attachment 663542

And I've added a little "delete" button as well :)
View attachment 663547
Generally, all you need is to load, and then resave if there is a change in the size of the thumbnail. The number on the page that is comfortable depends on how big that thumbnail is. Runey managed to get 20 on the screen at one time without having to scroll.
screenshot0544.png
The Four Elements Trainer and Rogue-like style gives you 10 per page, taking up less than 1/2 of the screen, and that is 6x4. That style gives you plenty of space to name them if you work that out too.
screenshot0148.png
Just as examples. :p

Reactions: Huitieme

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The cool portion I thought about that save system was not just that you could name it.

It doesn't require names, it doesn't require that when you name it to have an "are you sure box"

You type then click where you want it.

The most impressive part was that it remembers what you had. So say you just made a save with Frey as a Warrior and previously had a Gudrid Scholar. If you load the Gudrid save, that is the name in the text box for if you want to save it again, rather than being the last thing you typed, it takes the saves name to make sure you don't overwrite with bad save names.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ok, I found a way to name the saves without that annoying window, but for now, it's quite ugly. The good news is that since the next update won't be released before 2025, it gives me time to make it pretty :p
Man if that is the release date, I am expecting some animations, like when you load a save a Viking longboat sets sail, if you delete a save, a Viking funeral burning happens, if you save, um no clue... sack a city?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Man if that is the release date, I am expecting some animations, like when you load a save a Viking longboat sets sail, if you delete a save, a Viking funeral burning happens, if you save, um no clue... sack a city?
I'll just have to steal Ubisoft's code discretely :p

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I'll just have to steal Ubisoft's code discretely :p
That's using your inner pirate.

However game would probably be out by then, so you can just steal cutscenes, or do recordings with a capture card. Way more blatant!

(I had a text file of random stuff, this part said Gallery Huiti, so I am posting it because shit if I remember doing it. Disregard if stupid.)

What I would like.

Bonus Non Canon Gallery (Pretty much all the Patron or other images in this thread you made, just in a centralized place, minus the ones in the scenes)
[Example] Bee Addie, Easter Bunny, School Girls, Banners, Signatures, etc.

Bonus Non Canon Scenes (Very small stories of the characters up to some shenanigans)
[Example] Tavern story scene, Exchanging clothes scene.

Gallery (The Major Plot Points, and Sexy shots)
[Example] Meeting the cast, Boats, Lewd sister

Scenes (The Major Plot scenes, and Sex scenes) [Think of it as a way to catch up on the story]
[Example] Beginning a Journey, Choosing your profession, Rocking someone's world.

Of course at the completion of the full game, any things that weren't voted on during the creation get made as a celebration.

Reactions: 215303j

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Bonus Non Canon Gallery (Pretty much all the Patron or other images in this thread you made, just in a centralized place, minus the ones in the scenes)
[Example] Bee Addie, Easter Bunny, School Girls, Banners, Signatures, etc.
I thought about it and that's how I created the bonus scenes (or patron scenes) gallery. I'm not sure all bonus pictures deserve to make it into the official game though. But we can still find a bonus plot to integrate most of them.

Bonus Non Canon Scenes (Very small stories of the characters up to some shenanigans)
[Example] Tavern story scene, Exchanging clothes scene.
Well, this one is done :p

Gallery (The Major Plot Points, and Sexy shots)
[Example] Meeting the cast, Boats, Lewd sister
+
Scenes (The Major Plot scenes, and Sex scenes) [Think of it as a way to catch up on the story]
[Example] Beginning a Journey, Choosing your profession, Rocking someone's world.
These two were supposed to be parts of "the notebook", an ingame menu where players could see bonus pictures and your alignment (characters points, your plot choices, etc.). I'll need to check on how to make it happen, since I still want to have it. In the end, I'm sure I'll add a Scene Gallery in the main menu for the canon sex scenes as well.

But to do all that, I'll need to keep stealing learning from my betters!

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
Cool!!! Scar on face like from Ciri, strong warrior woman, but with femine side. She overthrone Frendris from first place in my ranking of best girls. I hope in the future there will be more option for non-scholar paths with her. By the way, how do you call MC? I used to give him name Skjar, because he isn't worth of Ragnar, but I still like him.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Cool!!! Scar on face like from Ciri, strong warrior woman, but with femine side. She overthrone Frendris from first place in my ranking of best girls. I hope in the future there will be more option for non-scholar paths with her. By the way, how do you call MC? I used to give him name Skjar, because he isn't worth of Ragnar, but I still like him.
Who is that Siri character you're talking about? Joking, this is totes a Ciri reference :D

The MC is called Olaf. Olaf Olafsson. Olaf, son of Olaf. I'm offering y'all the opportunity to change his name, but you know the truth. Olaf is Olaf.

Regin34

Apr 18, 2019
Who is that Siri character you're talking about? Joking, this is totes a Ciri reference :D

The MC is called Olaf. Olaf Olafsson. Olaf, son of Olaf. I'm offering y'all the opportunity to change his name, but you know the truth. Olaf is Olaf.
Olaf, sounds good.
Small question, did you do all job alone? Making arts, writing speaches, program working? It is huge men.

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes