VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
The result is very grainy and I need to have a few scenes under that same lighting. And these scenes need to happen under the tent, ifyouknowwhatImean
Add a light source like a plain or something? i remember someone once saying something like that, when she had problems like that. She might have a tip. :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Currently battling against sunset assets!
View attachment 656330
Don't I know it. Evening and night scenes are some of the worst to do.
I can't find the correct lighting :(
That is always a challenge, lighting is fucking hard.

The plane thing, what you can do is add a primitive, place it where you need more light, add emissives to it, then you can either set the cutout opacity to like .1 so it is almost invisible but still gives off light, and/or parent it to the camera so it lights the area around the camera, but not in a spotlight way like the headlamp. You could hide one inside to the left there, and warm it up, so it seems like another candle or something.

Another option is to make it brighter than you want, and darken it in photoshop. I hear this is quite common.

To help with the grain, if you don't want to use a denoiser, you can render it larger than you want, and then reduce the size after, which will hide some of it.

215303j

And you decided to do a vampire game ?! Are you a masochist ? :p
No Neimad, this game is about VI-kings not VAM-pires. I understand it's both with a V but the first ones have horns on the helmets, the second ones have very long teeth. It's not the same.

P.S.:
Also the second letter of the word is different.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
No Neimad, this game is about VI-kings not VAM-pires. I understand it's both with a V but the first ones have horns on the helmets, the second ones have very long teeth. It's not the same.

P.S.:
Also the second letter of the word is different.
Hum, TheDevian is making a vampire game, you should have checked who I was talking to :p

• Haha
Reactions: 215303j

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And you decided to do a vampire game ?! Are you a masochist ? :p
Up side, is that the player has night vision, so that helps. XD
But I did have a bit of a streak when I was younger, mostly over it now. lol

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Up side, is that the player has night vision, so that helps. XD
But I did have a bit of a streak when I was younger, mostly over it now. lol
Night vision is a good workaround. I cheat by having the "night scene" during summer, so under this latitude, there's what we call the midnight sun and the night just turns into a perpetual sunset ^^

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Night vision is a good workaround. I cheat by having the "night scene" during summer, so under this latitude, there's what we call the midnight sun and the night just turns into a perpetual sunset ^^
That must look really cool, do you have pictures of that from your trip by any chance ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
That must look really cool, do you have pictures of that from your trip by any chance ?
Nope, I went there in November (the flight was cheap), so it was the opposite. The "day" lasted only from 11am to 3pm \o/
Here, have a late sunrise instead (Iceland, by the way)
DSC_0297.JPG
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
Nope, I went there in November (the flight was cheap), so it was the opposite. The "day" lasted only from 11am to 3pm \o/
Here, have a late sunrise instead (Iceland, by the way)
View attachment 657144
Freydis : Back off or I cut my boob !
Natives : Eww ! I don't want to see that !
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Things should be made easier with the addition of the notebook. I'm also toying with the idea of maybe adding notifications like "Freydis like +1" "Gudrid respect +1", but I don't like it too much...
Actually thats a good idea and could help when deciding paths and choices.

Reactions: Tindomull

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Freydis : Back off or I cut my boob !
Natives : Eww ! I don't want to see that !
:ROFLMAO:
The natives have fetishes too and I guess they aren't into whatever it is she was gonna do, so they peaced. Does that count as Femdom?

Things should be made easier with the addition of the notebook. I'm also toying with the idea of maybe adding notifications like "Freydis like +1" "Gudrid respect +1", but I don't like it too much...
I am not a fan of the +1 type stuff popping up when it comes to this game.

I understand it for something way more simplistic, or the opposite, something way more complex, where there are 30 stats to keep track of.

Now sure in a walkthrough you can have it or have "if you said option A in chapter 13, then you are here, but if you said option D then scroll 20 pages to (balls busted) section."

Which I do hope you have yourself a walkthrough being made for how complex this may get.

I just think people will try and directly follow the +1 paths rather than treading their own way and then a lot of the content may never get seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: reiterhaniwa

potatoman398

Aug 3, 2019
I thought all the Freydis fanboy/fangirl stuff in this thread was a bit much, but having now finally given the game a shot: I totally get it.

I'm really digging what's there so far. The humor and general atmosphere reminds me of old school adventure games - specifically the King's Quest series, which is the highest of compliments.

I am curious how things are going to proceed story-wise. There's already two different pretty fundamental branching points, resulting in four very different situations for the MC. Obviously there's nothing remotely wrong with replayability, but maintaining too many parallel narratives can be a lot of work for the dev and shorten the length of each path. Something like Fate of Irnia kinda exemplifies this: it's a great and ambitious game, but it has a hell of a lot of options available and any one path can be blitzed through in minutes. In my opinion the endings to that game feel a little easy and undeserved as a result.

Anyway, I only bother to write this because the game's excellent and I'm excited to see where it goes. And excited to see some more Brynhild.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
The natives have fetishes too and I guess they aren't into whatever it is she was gonna do, so they peaced. Does that count as Femdom?
Don't talk to me about native fetishes. They're not like us...

I am not a fan of the +1 type stuff popping up when it comes to this game.
Well, if I do it, it won't just be a "Gudrid love +1" type of thing, but more like "Character likes it" or "Character does not like it" just to steer you toward the right direction.

I just think people will try and directly follow the +1 paths rather than treading their own way and then a lot of the content may never get seen.
Well, that would be the wrong thing to do since love/like points aren't really relevant in the gameplay, I mainly use them as reference points for when I write the script. I don't want someone down the line to miss a scene because they have only 13 love points when it requires 14.

Reactions: reiterhaniwa

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, that would be the wrong thing to do since love/like points aren't really relevant in the gameplay, I mainly use them as reference points for when I write the script. I don't want someone down the line to miss a scene because they have only 13 love points when it requires 14.
Besides we will always have save editor to correct things like that if needed. :p

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I thought all the Freydis fanboy/fangirl stuff in this thread was a bit much, but having now finally given the game a shot: I totally get it.

I'm really digging what's there so far. The humor and general atmosphere reminds me of old school adventure games - specifically the King's Quest series, which is the highest of compliments.

I am curious how things are going to proceed story-wise. There's already two different pretty fundamental branching points, resulting in four very different situations for the MC. Obviously there's nothing remotely wrong with replayability, but maintaining too many parallel narratives can be a lot of work for the dev and shorten the length of each path. Something like Fate of Irnia kinda exemplifies this: it's a great and ambitious game, but it has a hell of a lot of options available and any one path can be blitzed through in minutes. In my opinion the endings to that game feel a little easy and undeserved as a result.

Anyway, I only bother to write this because the game's excellent and I'm excited to see where it goes. And excited to see some more Brynhild.
Thank you for your kind words :)

Regarding the branching paths, while there are really two different paths right now, they will merge by the start of chapter 2 to be more or less one main story with lots of little events, and these events will depend on what path you chose. E.g. did you board Freydis' ship? Then that means you'll have to introduce yourself to Gudrid and her crew, because they don't know you. Did you follow the warrior path and thus never saw Brynnie under the helmet? Well, maybe warriors will have other chances to meet her. Etc. For now, I don't want to close any path and the story needs to be "organic". Of course, as you progress, these paths won't stay open for ever.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Besides we will always have save editor to correct things like that if needed. :p
If you've seen the quality of my code, you'll understand that save editors will only make it crash \o/
Seriously, this is awful D:

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes