VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vinland [v0.1.8a Public] [HuitiemeGame]

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If you've seen the quality of my code, you'll understand that save editors will only make it crash \o/
Seriously, this is awful D:
Hahaha, your code is better then as you think, i always tend to do one cheating run if like a game, if do not like it might just do a cheating run:p Stat points are rarely a problem, changing flags though will normally crash a game, unless you as a player are sure you can have both routes open at same time, but any bugs are your own fault if cheat. :p

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Just a question. is 1.6 update just a updated rerun of the 1.3 or is there actual new content??

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Just a question. is 1.6 update just a updated rerun of the 1.3 or is there actual new content??
A bit of both. The 1.6 version adds two "new" paths to the previous run: Gudrid ship as a warrior and Freydis ship as a scholar. If you're happy with your previous run, it might not be necessary for you to play this update, but I've added a few bonus scenes (available from the main menu) and Freydis scholar path introduce a "new" love interest.

Next update will progress the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: msleomac

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
A bit of both. The 1.6 version adds two "new" paths to the previous run: Gudrid ship as a warrior and Freydis ship as a scholar. If you're happy with your previous run, it might not be necessary for you to play this update, but I've added a few bonus scenes (available from the main menu) and Freydis scholar path introduce a "new" love interest.

Next update will progress the story.
Saying this update doesn't progress the story would be unfair though. Brynnie is very much a story progression. It makes me think that the full story only unveils itself when all the paths are played ;)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Saying this update doesn't progress the story would be unfair though. Brynnie is very much a story progression. It makes me think that the full story only unveils itself when all the paths are played ;)
Well, my goal is for each playthrough to bring something new, or else why would you, as a player, want to try all paths? Although I can understand how it can feel frustrating not to see everything at once, so I'm working on a real gallery for the incoming updates (not just the bonus one).

Also, unless more people will vote, it looks like the next bonus scene will have a western theme :D There will be one bonus scene per month, so if the update takes too long, at least you'll have more bonus \o/

Reactions: msleomac

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Nope, I went there in November (the flight was cheap), so it was the opposite. The "day" lasted only from 11am to 3pm \o/
Here, have a late sunrise instead (Iceland, by the way)
View attachment 657144
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was going to give this the :love:, but then I opened the spoiler! I know she has some 'Amazonian' traits, but that is not one of my kinks either... :p

215303j

I was going to give this the :love:, but then I opened the spoiler! I know she has some 'Amazonian' traits, but that is not one of my kinks either... :p
Yeah, maybe Huiti should send some renders to the museum so that they can update their display.
For sure that will increase visitor satisfaction! (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Huitieme

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
After discussing it with my boy Huitieme he gave me the 'go-ahead' for a walkthrough for Vinland, so here it is for this release!

I'll try to update it as soon as possible after a new build has been released, if I am able to do so in my free time. Also, I personally have no problem reading the guide with the current font, be sure to quote me if you would like a other font to make it more clear if you have trouble reading it,
will you be updating the walkthrough

Reactions: libertypics

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Is the game related to the Vinland saga manga?
Are the game and the manga based on the same premise which is "The Saga of the Greenlanders", where is told (among others) the story of Leif Eriksson and Thorfinn Karlsefni expedition toward a new land they called "Vinland"? Yup.

Is the game in any way affiliated to the manga, a plagiary, a remake, or a cash-grab? Absolutely not.

Should anyone read the manga? Yes, absolutely.

Should anyone watch the anime? I don't give a fuck, I don't like anime adaptations.

There, that should recap my view on the subject :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Are the game and the manga based on the same premise which is "The Saga of the Greenlanders", where is told (among others) the story of Leif Eriksson and Thorfinn Karlsefni expedition toward a new land they called "Vinland"? Yup.

Is the game in any way affiliated to the manga, a plagiary, a remake, or a cash-grab? Absolutely not.

Should anyone watch the anime? I don't give a fuck, I don't like anime adaptations.

I noticed no denial on working for the Manga team... got you Mr. Makoto Yukimura

Jun 17, 2018

Say no more! Downloading in 5

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes