RPGM Completed Virgin's Protection Magic [v1.1.4] [Searothonc]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
How's that this game hasn't been translated yet?
The guy translating it was more interested in creating his own translation tool, then actually finishing his translations. He pretty much is still doing the same thing. Until he finally finishes his pet project like 2-3 projects he is working on will remain untranslated fully. I don't think anyone either has had the desire to take matters into their own hands so for now it remains unfinished.

Reactions: Mayra

Grainwood

Jan 16, 2020
Parts where I got stuck and found solutions through many pages of forum posts and trial and error

Act II: (I think it was act II, the part with the stripper demon) You have to approach the stable from the right path to trigger the even. Approach from the bottom right not up top.
Act III: You have to encounter 3 different areas where girls have gone missing, then go do just about anything at the fair to make it night time. You can only encounter one girl having gone missing per day.
Act IV: The elevator is in the middle of the first floor, doesn't look like an elevator. Ran around for hours trying to get levers to move. From what I gather, once you flip the green lever you can access the elevator in the middle of the first floor. (I flipped the green lever then ran around for an hour trying to figure out where to go next)
Act V: After you defeat the leader of the cultist in the mansion, leave to get to the cliff side area, then come back into the building to access the secret room that has a teleporation circle that takes you to Dermont's office to open that chest in his office. The key to the right door of the sex temple is inside. Bring 10 maiden's Honey to the sex temple. Needed for virgin ending.

Since the game stops being translated near the end, the last town is difficult to figure out, just talk to your familiar after each scene, he will advise in English.

To do jobs you have to have the entire correct outfit, head included. I know the Dancers set is needed to be a stripper. Pretty sure there's a bunny set for being a waitress (haven't tried this, but all the girls there dress that way). Think the underground area wants a collar or something. You can usually tell where your needing a certain outfit in the last town as outfits are usually displayed in red text by the npc that gives the job.
I have not been able to trigger the waitress events or the "underground" area where they guys looking for somebody in the collar anybody know how?

iliketacos

Dec 3, 2019
Figured out you can wear the heart apron and talk to the bartender on the 2nd floor to be a waitress. Also found out you can sell yourself to the guy in charge there for 100000 shillings who will then sell you to someone else at some point, though I haven't triggered that yet. I suspect that might lead to something. So far I've tried resting 8 days, flying to another town, and talking to both the guy who like collars with and without virginity. I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Edit: Figured it out, it gives you one of the endings if you sell yourself.

Grainwood

Jan 16, 2020
Figured out you can wear the heart apron and talk to the bartender on the 2nd floor to be a waitress. Also found out you can sell yourself to the guy in charge there for 100000 shillings who will then sell you to someone else at some point, though I haven't triggered that yet. I suspect that might lead to something. So far I've tried resting 8 days, flying to another town, and talking to both the guy who like collars with and without virginity. I'm a bit stumped on this one.

Edit: Figured it out, it gives you one of the endings if you sell yourself.
Thanks you're a champion

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Please help, I am also stuck in the mine ... I read some pages and followed the suggestions described ... "Leave all levers down or right" and also "move the cart outside the mine to activate ", but I still can't move the yellow lever ... any tips? Thank you.

iliketacos

Dec 3, 2019
Once you flip all the levers, in the middle of the 1st room there's an elevator. I though the trick was to open the door in the second area for an hour, because every time you interact with the door you get a dialogue saying the door won't open. The elevator doesn't look a lot like an elevator though, it just looks like an open pit with construction materials around it on the 1st floor.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Will this never get fully translated!:cry:
Probably when Hasbain finishes his translation tool that he has been working on for like the last 2 years. Wishe he would work on the games more then the tool. but last I saw him post he was working on this again at least so it isn't dead just sort of on the backburner.

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
Probably when Hasbain finishes his translation tool that he has been working on for like the last 2 years. Wishe he would work on the games more then the tool. but last I saw him post he was working on this again at least so it isn't dead just sort of on the backburner.
Yeah i saw him on ULMF (the real reason i become a member of ULMF), but last time i saw him he was being roasted by some members who were telling him "you take to long, someone could have finished it, just say you cant do it, where's the fucking updates", and more things along those lines.(the nerve of these bastards:mad:)

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah i saw him on ULMF (the real reason i become a member of ULMF), but last time i saw him he was being roasted by some members who were telling him "you take to long, someone could have finished it, just say you cant do it, where's the fucking updates", and more things along those lines.(the nerve of these bastards:mad:)
really, it's taking too long, and it's a really good game, and it's almost over, and the problem is that everyone I asked to finish it replied that they can't because it's not an abandoned game but it's working on it. BUT WHERE?

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
There's more to the story than just that game. Habisain rarely finishes translations. Lilim Union Dream Demon Zone doesn't have the clean break that Virgins Protection Magic has. It just sort of stops with no real warning in the middle of a chapter. They also change the characters quite a bit as the basic personalities are flat as a board. There's nothing wrong with this, except it makes it very difficult to continue Habisain's translations without permission. It's like how when a game gets a terrible MTL. It's rare that anyone will come along and do a proper translation. With a more than half finished translation, it's like the translator has their thumb on the game and no one else will touch it. You're denied an ending. People weren't pissed that Habisain's wasn't translating the game. People were pissed that Habisain stopped translating the game with his/her thumb still on it.

The translation won't be finished until someone takes the project from Habisain. The problem is that who ever does that will not be thanked (might even be frowned upon or attacked on forums) and they will have to start from scratch.

Reactions: FerKing

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
People weren't pissed that Habisain's wasn't translating the game. People were pissed that Habisain stopped translating the game with his/her thumb still on it.

The translation won't be finished until someone takes the project from Habisain. The problem is that who ever does that will not be thanked (might even be frowned upon or attacked on forums) and they will have to start from scratch.
Yeah even when people download the 82% translation, this is what makes them hesitate to translate the rest themselves (including myself:cautious:). You're practically stealing anothers work:confused:.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
stealing work from another? if you are an incompetent, go to hell, and really think that someone would criticize the person who finishes the game? basically it does not have copyrigt and therefore there are no problems. this is a pirate site that takes games from others, crack them and publish them so doing this to a jerk is what he deserves.

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
Theft in the translation world is like theft in the art world. For many people, a translation is like a work of art. I've been on again, off again translating a game. I'd be insulted if someone took my half translation and did a crappy job finishing it. I wouldn't have an issue if someone did a full translation from scratch. That's the issue with partial translations. It would have been better if Habisain never released anything. Vaporware has no credibility. It's like when a hacker claims to have hacked a game system but only shows pictures, makes a comment about piracy=bad, and that's that. No one cares. The person that releases the exploit gets the credit. The other person will whine, but nothing ever comes of it. NOW, if the first person releases a crippled exploit, they get the first tag and that diminishes the efforts of future hackers while still being useless.

I won't release my translation until it's finished, and if someone else wants to translate the game, then they can. That is, so long as it's a proper translation and not a MTL.

Side note; Every time I think I'm getting the hang of Japanese, Duolingo throws a curve ball or I open the untranslated files and find just how little I know. Duolingo needs to put the kana keyboard support back in the Android app. When that was in there, I learned that stuff in a brutal no holds death-match. Forget bonus points. I was lucky to finish. But damn, when I did finish, I knew my words.

deltahalo241

Apr 11, 2018
Could you take Habisain's translation and then throw in a note when his translation ends and yours begins? Seeing as this game has a rather clean cut in the translation upon reaching the third act.

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
I'm only up to section 3.3 of Duolingo and half way through the second Japanese from Zero book. The latest lesson deals with past tense. I covered that in the first book, but now I'm getting side lined by しました. I'm also getting murdered by Kanji in certain places as using Kanji isn't normal for those words, but Duolingo insists on it. My personal favorite is non-matching context. If this means nothing to you, know that it all really sucks.

Basically, I don't have the skill level to confidently translate a game. I refuse to use Google Translate or any other machine translator. Once I get up to the point of confidence, I'll probably translate games for fun, since translators for Japanese to English are paid crap wages. To put it into perspective; work would be irregular and under extreme deadlines, it would take me a few days to a few weeks to properly translate a game and the pay for the translation would be at best 200$. I make that in my main IT contract before lunch. My primary motivation to learn Japanese is so I don't need translations anymore. I considered dropping my third contract and opening a Patreon, but I hate devs that use Patreon (>3,000 a month) and don't release anything.

TL:DR; Maybe someday, but no where near soon and no promises.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So something to take note that a fan translation is not protected under copyright law unless it is sanctioned by the developer who owns the copyright. If someone wanted to they could go ahead and finish the game up and take the credit for finishing it. you COULD steal it without any sort of repercussion besides the moral and community consequences. I personally woudl never do that to anyone. if I work on finishing a translation someone started, I generally get permission from the one working on it. I did that when I finished up some parts of another translators work. Made sure to get their "blessing" first.

The thing is that most translators (including myself) see finishing someones work without permission as sort of a "dick move". I would be pissed if after months of work someone finish my translation or worse yet released one complete knowing I was still working on it and wasted my time. At the end of the day until Hasbain officially says he is done or disappears off the face of the earth nobody is likely to want to touch his work. it's sort of an unspoken agreement that if someone is working on a translation you don't work on it out of respect.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
what you say is right but it does not fit Habisain, has proven to be incompetent widely, it is as if a drug dealer went to the police because a thief stole his drug, only the original dev Searothonc has some rights and not Habisain and having right thoughts about a guy who doesn't finish what starts is stupid. one thing is if the translator is good another thing is if he is like Habisain

Reactions: zombie goast
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes