RPGM Completed Virgin's Protection Magic [v1.1.4] [Searothonc]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You guys need to embrace Open Source Software methodologies and moralities.
If you're doing an unofficial translation, that is free and not for profit, as in for the community then you should allow your ego to be put aside and allow collaborative efforts on works.
Especially if you're one day you stop pulling a "Hey look at me, look how awesome I am" and then the next you disappear for years because you're 'busy with other projects'.

I've worked on OSS and some of my contributions have not just been built on top of, but gutted entirely because someone found a different better way to do it.
Am I bothered about it? No.

Edit: It's a bit like saying the original dev should be upset that someone modded his game with a translation, instead of the translator making their own game.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
You guys need to embrace Open Source Software methodologies and moralities.
If you're doing an unofficial translation, that is free and not for profit, as in for the community then you should allow your ego to be put aside and allow collaborative efforts on works.
Especially if you're one day you stop pulling a "Hey look at me, look how awesome I am" and then the next you disappear for years because you're 'busy with other projects'.

I've worked on OSS and some of my contributions have not just been built on top of, but gutted entirely because someone found a different better way to do it.
Am I bothered about it? No.

Edit: It's a bit like saying the original dev should be upset that someone modded his game with a translation, instead of the translator making their own game.
In a perfect world I would love to see people collaborate on works like this to make translations. The thing is alot of people do this for the prestige I guess you could say since getting paid for it is unlikely (especially if your doing an MTL). Working with other people on translations often becomes a problem of differences in quality / style leading to an inconsistent end product, or the other person just not doing their job and you waiting around for a time for segments others are responsible for and they never produce.

sunisinus

Oct 6, 2017
the problem is that you think that in addition to the original dev, others also have some rights to the game, but this is not the case. Habisain has no rights to the work, indeed he should be thanked for doing most of the work so as to save me time.
By now I think you understand what I think, that guy is just an idiot, and I'm really tired of seeing good games make this end just because a jerk puts his hands on it first.
after all this time I just have to ignore the game, put my soul in peace, remove this page from my favorites and stop following it. I will never see it finished

Last edited:
Reactions: PoeTato

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
I do agree to the open source model; having suggested it on the other forum, there is one issue. Everyone translates differently. If I've learned anything, it's that all but the simplest line translations are not 1:1. I've seen the same thing translated to five or six different things that all work. You would need a consistent methods of translation.

Another thing to consider is that Habisain probably only did translations as a way to test his/her software out. Remember that he/she developed the software that allows for 'legal' translation files. One advantage of their software is that a single translated line in one of the files can translate multiple identical lines in the game. The other option is to decrypt the game and do it line by line. The second method isn't legal as distribution of the game is piracy. That isn't an issue here, but it is everywhere else. We exist in a pirate space. Not that the RPG Maker forums see a difference.

I will state that the second method creates a better product as direct editing of the game allows for more control over dialog, but it does require more knowledge of the RPG Maker game structure as well as the programming language of the version of RPG Maker. Ruby for VX Ace, JavaScript for MV.

As bad as MTL is, there is a decent degree of technical know how to do one. Even a bad one.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
nope unfortunatly still 82% comepleted and iff whe whould do the last piece as MTL for instance you get see you MC talking in third person or see herself as male since kana/kanji is annoying in that way iff it needs to be translated

so just have some patients iff canot handle that stop looking at this game page LoL

RayAsher

Harem Impact Dev
Game Developer
Feb 3, 2018
nope unfortunatly still 82% comepleted and iff whe whould do the last piece as MTL for instance you get see you MC talking in third person or see herself as male since kana/kanji is annoying in that way iff it needs to be translated

so just have some patients iff canot handle that stop looking at this game page LoL
XD i remember trying to translate using Translator ++ a while back , worked for a couple of games but i think some DNS blacklisted me so i had to give up

Crossfire260

Aug 6, 2020
I'm having trouble triggering night time; I've gone to the tent with the beer about five times and haven't been able to trigger night time in the game. This is directly after giving the grimoire to Dermot. Anyone know what to do?

pamskwerd

Aug 12, 2018
Translating games for free is good and all but when you just go and do an 82% translation and never actually finish it, just lies and lies and lies and lies for years that you'll upload something very soon but alas nothing, well thats a different topic all by itself

sektz

Aug 6, 2018
what a shame, I enjoyed the unusually tame setting. I thought the game is incomplete, but I just reload my savefile and apparently stopped playing at act 5 where the translation ends.
I don't understand what's the problem with continuing the translation though. Someone should be able to finish it no? The translation can be extracted just like the original game text right.
If you want to be morally insured just ask Habisain and if the answer is anything but "already working on it" just claim his translation as obviously discontinued, finish the job and add your name to the translatornotes.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Silentce is there a chance you will pick this up later on?

Edit: Never mind, just saw your reply from before. Unfortunate, but I guess we have to wait until (if) the other dude puts something out...

Last edited:

tsmaniac

Aug 11, 2017
Hmm i forgot that it said 82% translated a shame really. After reading the comments I see there is some drama regarding the translation as well. Well anyway this is another instance that I wish I knew kanji, but I am wondering does anyone know what exactly are we missing?

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
[[Festival square upper right has a lot ppl watching show has event (2nd choice then 1st one), 2nd time (3rd choice then 1st one), 3rd time (4th choice then 1st one), 4th time no underwear, 5th times no underwear (2nd choice), 6th times need after chapter 4, also need without underwear (after festival, show can find in right of town)]]

Seems like there is no new scene after 1st time visit, no matter how many times she joined the crowd. There is never be 3rd choice, only whether or not she wants to blend with the crowd (1st time). Even after I let a day pass (stay at inn) as well as leave & reenter the town, she still has the same dialogue as 1st visit.

Something I still missed?
Somehow if shes not wearing panties, she cant join the crowd as someone else fills the empty spot.

So no new dialogue choice apart of this one. Same H-scene over and over as 1st visit.
The scene somehow ended with an unknown person punched the molester. Was it Glen who stopped him?

Last edited:

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
Its been awhile but i see the completed tag then see the 82% translation, so.......is the game fully translated or not?

WedaSan

Dec 4, 2018
Its been awhile but i see the completed tag then see the 82% translation, so.......is the game fully translated or not?
Only few minor things, like sidequest to get santa costume as well as santa costume name itself.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes