3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
The fact that she got MC's dick is already enough for me, the MC consented to that without a promt.
She doesn't get very far at all. She pulls down your pants, grabs your dick, and you proceed to stab her and kill her. If that is considered sex to you, then I don't know what to say lol.

It IS an unrelated event. It's the same as the following:

Imagine a situation like this: you are a protagonist and you sit at home - the game asks you if you want to go:
1) To the library
2) To the gym
3) To a museum

If you choose to go to the library or to the gym - no sexual content. If you choose to go to the museum. there is a girl there that wants to bang you in the toilet and you have sex with her and you don't get a choice, it happens no matter what if you chose to go to the museum.

Well you might say: the game offers you a choice! Just don't go to the museum.
But it's silly, the fact that I chose to go to the museum doesn't mean that I wanted to have sex with that girl, and I couldn't even know specially if playing the game for the first time.

Same with this game - how I choose to deal with the drunk doesn't mean that I am choosing whether to have sex with Ariel or not.
Still, my point was that it was avoidable. While not directly by saying "SEX: YES OR NO", through your indirect choices you can avoid having sex with her. I know it's not a straight up yes or no, but my point was that there was a way to avoid it. Maybe not the most eloquent of solutions, but it is there.

Reactions: Ursus4321

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
She doesn't get very far at all. She pulls down your pants, grabs your dick, and you proceed to stab her and kill her. If that is considered sex to you, then I don't know what to say lol.
You know what tends to take players choice seriously? Optional Gay / bi and Futa / trans content. I will ask you this ( and I will just assume that you are straight ): If it was a dude instead who got half naked and started grabbing your cock, would you be ok with that, since you would be given a choice to not bang him? Because if not, now you understand what it means when a character you are not necessarily sexually interested in takes it too far.

Still, my point was that it was avoidable. While not directly by saying "SEX: YES OR NO", through your indirect choices you can avoid having sex with her. I know it's not a straight up yes or no, but my point was that there was a way to avoid it. Maybe not the most eloquent of solutions, but it is there.
I understand your point, it's just that there is absolutely zero way to predict how completely unrelated to sex events would trigger or not trigger sex.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
You know what tends to take players choice seriously? Optional Gay / bi and Futa / trans content. I will ask you this ( and I will just assume that you are straight ): If it was a dude instead who got half naked and started grabbing your cock, would you be ok with that, since you would be given a choice to not bang him? Because if not, now you understand what it means when a character you are not necessarily sexually interested in takes it too far.
No, I wouldn't. I would proceed to stab you just like I did to Cali lol.

Yeah she did take it too far, but you are still given the option to get out of it before it escalates any further. Thus preventing full on sex from happening.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
No, I wouldn't. I would proceed to stab you just like I did to Cali lol.

Yeah she did take it too far, but you are still given the option to get out of it before it escalates any further. Thus preventing full on sex from happening.
But you get my point right? Basically I just think the dev is a bit too liberal on the mandatory sexual content that gets thrown at the player.

I would like to say - basically I never even have this discussion in the first place IF the game offers no choice at all, when that is the case I just enjoy the story that the dev wants to tell and I if it is not the story I like I will suck it up, it's the devs game they can do what they want. But as soon as choice is involved I become dumbfounded when the choices are meaningless and zero impact while the things that really matter like sexual content ( for this kind of game ) suddenly there is no choice.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
But you get my point right? Basically I just think the dev is a bit too liberal on the mandatory sexual content that gets thrown at the player.

I would like to say - basically I never even have this discussion in the first place IF the game offers no choice at all, when that is the case I just enjoy the story that the dev wants to tell and I if it is not the story I like I will suck it up, it's the devs game they can do what they want. But as soon as choice is involved I become dumbfounded when the choices are meaningless and zero impact while the things that really matter like sexual content ( for this kind of game ) suddenly there is no choice.
I get your point, but we kind of veered from the original point I had lol. And that simply was, it was avoidable. Dev did a bait and switch. Baited us in with avoidable scenes in the beginning, thinking we would have choices in these matters, and then in the latest update forced those scenes on us.

I don't play Kinetic Novels to begin with, so I never have that issue with those. And I agree, it is the dev's game and they can do what they want. All I'm doing is just discussing my disappoint with something I have an issue with (giving my review basically). Cause well, after all, this is a discussion forum for us to express our displeasure/pleasure for different games.

It's just one of my biggest pet peeves with these games. Forced sex/relations. Especially in non-harem games. When the dev is forcing girls on you in a non-harem game, then it ruins the whole point of having to pick your LI. Cause then it is all just unnecessary drama that is being forced, and it never works out well.

The other problem I have with that, is the dev is planning for this game to have NTR. If sex/relations are being forced on us now, what is going to happen when the NTR shows up? From the way things are looking, I wouldn't doubt that will be forced as well. And if they are planning on making this a harem game, with it having NTR, well, we know how well that is going to be received on these forums.

Either way, it's just not for me anymore. The writing is good and the story has potential. It has a fun story and has improved a lot since I last tried it. But because of that one thing (the forced sex/relations), it's an instant no for me. But others don't mind that, so hey, enjoy it. It's just not something I enjoy personally. And with NTR as well and already forcing stuff, I don't see that turning out very well for this game's future. But that's just my opinion.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
It's just one of my biggest pet peeves with these games. Forced sex/relations. Especially in non-harem games. When the dev is forcing girls on you in a non-harem game, then it ruins the whole point of having to pick your LI. Cause then it is all just unnecessary drama that is being forced, and it never works out well.
I am in the exactly same boat, imo all sexual content should always be optional as a starting point, not only because of potential romance, but also because I don't find every girl in the game attractive and I don't want to see sexual content with the ones that I don't find attractive.

VStoryTeller

May 3, 2022
I really appreciate all of this feedback.

I'm particularly interested in the comments about forced sex. There were several instances where sex was part of the plotline or character tone I am trying to achieve, but Episode 3 in particular is meant to give you choices about who you interact with. There are some paths that are forced due to the main storyline, but you can choose to not interact with many of the characters.

However, I do see the distinction between the interactions with a character and whether you're having sex with that character. In some instances I think the sexual act is an important part of the character (for instance Calista), but I will also admit that several of the sexual interactions were not critical and can safely be made a choice (for instance Emily). I'm working on Episode 4 right now and that's an easy enough change where I feel it doesn't impact the story or characterization.

In any case, keep letting me know what you think. It wont necessarily impact my storyline, but I can certainly give you more choices.

Thank you

--VStoryTeller

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
@VStoryTeller

Can I ask you as a dev, because you are not the only one that does this, I am just curious. Why does your protagonist give sexual attention to everyone so easily? Why is he so eager to let anyone touch him sexually and so eager to have sex with anyone who is up for it? Is it because he is a gamer nerd and is desperate to get sex? Or you intended him to be a fuckboy who doesn't take sex seriously? Maybe it is the only way to keep the crowd interested in the game because most people are only interested in seeing sex in this type of games and they will get bored if you don't throw sex at them often?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cavpal and Deamate
Dec 9, 2020
The other problem I have with that, is the dev is planning for this game to have NTR. If sex/relations are being forced on us now, what is going to happen when the NTR shows up? From the way things are looking, I wouldn't doubt that will be forced as well. And if they are planning on making this a harem game, with it having NTR, well, we know how well that is going to be received on these forums.
I'm no longer looking forward to more... lol :confused:

Jul 27, 2020
Well not much to talk about yet. At least the story is unique and interesting and the renders are pretty good to and the MC doesn't seem to be a manlet either.

I'm only really interested in Sam so far and I appreciate the "begone thot" choice with Calistra. So it seems like the sex scenes will be optional as well. This game could be pretty good in future once there is more content for it.
what is manlet meaning?

Dec 29, 2018
I really appreciate all of this feedback.

I'm particularly interested in the comments about forced sex. There were several instances where sex was part of the plotline or character tone I am trying to achieve, but Episode 3 in particular is meant to give you choices about who you interact with.
So, what is the particular tone that you are trying to achieve with the main character? Is he just a guy who can't say no? Or is he just a sucker with no self-esteem? And why was it just for a brief section of Episode 2?

I could deal with the one sex scene with Calista because I can chalk it up to them not thinking clearly after having both been through some traumatic stuff and they just needed a way to try to feel better for a moment, but there was no excuse for the ex. The dude should have post-nut clarity kicking in, as well as the usual refractory period to deal with, so there's every reason for us to not nail that bitch.

I don't know what your plans are for her, but if it's just to start up some drama between her, Silver, and the MC... why not just give us the opportunity to reject the bitch and then she could lie to Silver on the way out the door? Leah would be seeing the exact same thing she is now, so wouldn't that work just as well?

That one scene with the ex-girlfriend will cause two big problems for a lot players. Generally speaking, people don't want to play as an unlikable character, and they don't like playing games by developers that they can't trust. Letting his ex walk into his room and have her way with him even when he hates her, and then also having her taunt him as she left, is going to make people think that the main character is a pathetic loser who can't stand up for himself. But more importantly, players are now going to wonder if any of their choices will matter in the future or if you will just yank control away again whenever you want the protagonist to do something stupid to stir up some cheap drama.

The first scene in the game was about a choice to either be seduced by Calista or to reject her, which sets a precedent of sorts for what player will expect from the game. This was then reinforced by all the other choices later on where we could chose to either give into temptation or to stay focused and under control. So it was logical to assume that we would continue to be able to make such choices in the future. But then suddenly we couldn't. And it sucked. So now we don't get to look forward to the next chapter without worrying that it will also have more moments like that.

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
I got as far as the Calista in your room scene and seeing that she had basically been brutally tortured, I just closed the game. Between the unavoidable sex scenes and the ntr that the dev has said is coming the future and whatever the fuck happened to Calista(its not shown what happens to her but she is bruised form head to toe in a very extreme way, it looks more like she was straight up tortured than this was BSDM) that was enough for me to peace out. I do think there is a decent story at the core of this but its clear its going to be way too extreme for my likes and its prolly gonna be unavoidable ntr to boot if it follows how sex scenes are implemented.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes