Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
I want like to be kept in on this, if you find any solutions to speed up.

I also posted a fair while ago, about the types of errors VaM, spits out in the log, one error actually prevents loading all VARs into the Scene browser.
I also suspect this is effecting loading times

there are two types of errors
1. wrong naming.. where vars must be creator.scenename.version
2. corrupt vars.. the error displayed in the LOG is really weird.. it's these that are causing vam to not load the VAR totally.

Loading times are heavily effected by Morphs, so v.20.0 having heaps of vars with heaps of morphs internally.. then having heaps of morphs in custom folder would be huge slow downs
the beta solves this and improves the loading maybe by half.. maybe further optimizations will come.
I don't think the creator expect so many var
So I ran vam into a sandbox and traced all file access (950'000 lines to look at..). Rough analysis:
Loading time of VAM independently of vars is strange, small reads of files in VAMdata.
Then obviously VAM parses all vars, prefs, fav, .. but it seems rather fast.
I haven't seen particular VAR creating problem (but I'd need to plot time differences between vars..)

On my particular installs:
Bad files have been rmoved: wrong naming, corrupted ones (broken zip format). I don't think they affect much time as it didn't change much. Also had one with circular dependencies (A requests B and B requests A).
I also removed massive var which include others content.
So I can't tell you which ones, I erased them already.
I also removed all custom old format files (300GB).
Overall it didn't change much.

In the end, for reference, I have 120GB within 2500 vars.

Windows: Stupid defender keps on scanning a 120KB file which is from.. Microsoft. Also search indexing tries to index content of var (I associated .var with 7Zip, I wouldn't advice doing that) and also pdf (I have a few hundreds and some are 40MB+).

So... at first glance, it just seems to be the amount of vars that influence loading time.

soni666

Jun 24, 2018
I know these models. What do you mean "work hard on [them]" ? What have you achieved so far and what's your plan for converting them to VAM ? Since they are 3d scans I assume it gives you extra work ?
Those side characters are an asset
modeling aids.
(no one in VaM can do such feet)

boxia

Apr 10, 2020
Normally I don't fill requests for people who are brand new/haven't contributed, but I haven't posted anything in a while. Enjoy.

If anyone has Niko3dx's latest stuff at all, I'd appreciate it.
Awesome! Thanks!

Reactions: mecamaki

soni666

Jun 24, 2018
HYPER DETAIL :)
I worked for a year since the beginning of VaM
with all your friends in reddit.
Then they became business patrons.
That was the end of good times for me
the emergence of ingenious software.

SORRY I'm a nostalgic senior man

Last edited:
Reactions: keycode

soni666

Jun 24, 2018
Meshedvr je software, který je nejlepší na světě, a myslím tým smrtící,
stojí za nákup proto super hardware
super vr brýle.
kde je slavný Holodexxx.com :) pro čechoslováci :)

Meshedvr is the software that is the best in the world, and I think the team is deadly,
therefore worth buying super hardware
super vr goggles.
where is the famous Holodexxx.com :)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Fullaz68

Jeriho3

Aug 13, 2019
the var have errors. Cant be open it with winrar either. it's broken. maybe reupload ?
I had errors too but I extracted the var anyway and loaded the scene without a problem. All you need is the JSON file of the scene, you probably already have everything else.

loko123321

Sep 2, 2018
I just picked up vamx 1.1 guys, as soon as I can reupload it to something im going to share it on here
Hi, any updates on the upload? Also, just a reminder that a minimum of 3 posts is required for you to share any links here or else nobody will see it, in case you already posted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes