Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotFastEnough

Apr 18, 2020
It's a EA creation, man....Consider someday giving the man something, he deserves it.

Yes, they are the same.

EDIT : If anyone has or that would be cool.
Here ya go.
-

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
anyone have these looks ?

gblattcc

Jan 19, 2021
What are people talking about scripts/doxxing? Is there a risk that a downloaded script will share my personal info to someone?

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
What are people talking about scripts/doxxing? Is there a risk that a downloaded script will share my personal info to someone?
Haven't seen someone talking of being doxed from VaM?
Tried a few things and it seems namespaces are restricted. No network code can be run for example.
Which seems to corresponds to what is documented in the api .
So the only harmfull things that can happen is to erase/overwrite your VaM resources.

As I said, put a comparable caution as you would in downloading random applications. Open the var, look for .cs or .dll files and backup your files.

Reactions: gblattcc
Oct 11, 2019
Anything one can do to reduce loading times without wasting double the space of the installation in caching? Mine are getting ridiculous should I remove a lot of vars?

Hitamaru

May 24, 2019
Anything one can do to reduce loading times without wasting double the space of the installation in caching? Mine are getting ridiculous should I remove a lot of vars?
i don t thinking it s var . try vaccum for clean your installation it s working for me =)

tracerhater

May 29, 2017
Apologies, a bit off topic-

What are the advantages/disadvantages of just extracting all the vars from the Addonpackage folder and distributing them into the custom/save folders etc?

I imagine it would solve the duplicate morph and plugin problems but would it create missing files/errors when loading scenes. Would it speed up load times?

Just weighing up the pros and cons.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Apologies, a bit off topic-

What are the advantages/disadvantages of just extracting all the vars from the Addonpackage folder and distributing them into the custom/save folders etc?

I imagine it would solve the duplicate morph and plugin problems but would it create missing files/errors when loading scenes. Would it speed up load times?

Just weighing up the pros and cons.
Pros of vars:
* Self contained resources, not a directory mess that can split and overwrite your files.
* Dependency handling: with correctly made vars, you open package manager and get the list of missing dependencies
* No duplication as you said. Only if var is properly done (nothing forbids the var creator to embed dependencies, recreating duplication)
* Compressed
* Versionned
* Can be easily organized in subdirs (Clothing/, Creator/, ..)

Pros of old custom style:
* No decompression phase. Haven't seen much time increase when switching to vars though.

On my side, did a fresh install of VaM and only using vars (~100GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes