Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2018
Maybe one already exists and I'm just not aware, but it would be great to have some kind of platform where users can just share custom looks or scenes without any concern for all this licensing and paywall-protected content bullshit. Maybe something akin to Kenzato for Illusion games.

I like playing around with customization and creating various looks that I can then load into scenes (especially mocaps) and it would be interesting to see other users' custom creations. I don't think there is any platform dedicated to sharing that type of content at the moment.

I don't even know if I'm allowed to share the look without dependencies because technically speaking it's built on morph values that are part of someone else's paywalled content.

For example, here's a custom look I made using a ton of content that I am not the creator of.
Everything from the base model to the clothes, hair and even pose is someone else's work. All I want is a simple platform where users can share these type of custom looks for free without having to worry about all licensing BS that seems too strict.

I am fine with not being able to distribute assets with the custom look. There is already infrastructure in place (.var format) to reference dependencies so that those can be acquired separately through other means.

But what about appearance? In my opinion I find it ridiculous to have looks behind a paywall. I'd understand if the look relies on a custom morph, skin or texture developed by the creator and that's the piece of content that is paywalled instead.

But I really disagree with having looks that are just a combination of morph values (that anyone can replicate by manually imputing these values and own the custom morphs if any are required) become a regulated piece of content and not be shareable due to all this licensing mumbo-jumbo.
At what point does a look just happen to be too similar to someone else's look that the user becomes prohibited from sharing what could've become an amazing piece of content for others to enjoy?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ReignMocap

Oct 26, 2020
Maybe one already exists and I'm just not aware, but it would be great to have some kind of platform where users can just share custom looks or scenes without any concern for all this licensing and paywall-protected content bullshit. Maybe something akin to Kenzato for Illusion games.

I like playing around with customization and creating various looks that I can then load into scenes (especially mocaps) and it would be interesting to see other users' custom creations. I don't think there is any platform dedicated to sharing that type of content at the moment.

I don't even know if I'm allowed to share the look without dependencies because technically speaking it's built on morph values that are part of someone else's paywalled content.

For example, here's a custom look I made using a ton of content that I am not the creator of.
Everything from the base model to the clothes, hair and even pose is someone else's work. All I want is a simple platform where users can share these type of custom looks for free without having to worry about all licensing BS that seems too strict.

I am fine with not being able to distribute assets with the custom look. There is already infrastructure in place (.var format) to reference dependencies so that those can be acquired separately through other means.

But what about appearance? In my opinion I find it ridiculous to have looks behind a paywall. I'd understand if the look relies on a custom morph, skin or texture developed by the creator and that's the piece of content that is paywalled instead.

But I really disagree with having looks that are just a combination of morph values (that anyone can replicate by manually imputing these values and own the custom morphs if any are required) become a regulated piece of content and not be shareable due to all this licensing mumbo-jumbo.
At what point does a look just happen to be too similar to someone else's look that the user becomes prohibited from sharing what could've become an amazing piece of content for others to enjoy?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No. If you use other people work you should not be able to share it without their permission. Any platform like that would be stealing. The end :)

Jun 19, 2018
No. If you use other people work you should not be able to share it without their permission. Any platform like that would be stealing. The end :)
I'm not talking about using other people's work and redistributing their assets.
I'm talking about creating an appearance preset that happens to reference other people's work, which I am not distributing, just listing as a dependency. And I'm not interested in claiming credit for the appearance preset or monetizing it, but to have a hub where I can make it available to other users for free and I'd be able to experience other user's creations as well, provided that I own all their listed depedencies.

The question is to what degree am I allowed to distribute such an appearance preset?
Ok, we have established that I cannot redistribute clothes, hair, poses, textures, animations that someone else has put work into creating and I am completely fine with that.

The point I am trying to make is that morph numeric values should not be protected because they are accessible in the base game, anyone can come up with the same values, or they can be reverse engineered through trial and error.

If I go in the base game right now and make a model by using the base morphs, I should not be able to claim a "patent" on the appearance preset I have just created. I should add value either in the form of a custom morph or some other asset or plugin and monetize that instead.
If someone else attempts to then replicate my model by playing with the morphs and getting as close as possible to the appearance I created can I then invoke copyright claims and prevent them from sharing their preset? How do we determine what is the allowed boundary of similarity for it to not count as the same content? The morph values can be different while still having a close similarity between the two characters. How do you assess the degree of "originality" in such a scenario?

If looks are protected now, what's the next step? Json files? Will I be able to create a still scene referencing other people's .vars, add no original content to it and just monetize the json file? And then prevent anyone else from coming up with the same combination of assets in a scene because I claimed it first?

initpassw2

Nov 27, 2020
I'm not talking about using other people's work and redistributing their assets.
I'm talking about creating an appearance preset that happens to reference other people's work, which I am not distributing, just listing as a dependency. And I'm not interested in claiming credit for the appearance preset or monetizing it, but to have a hub where I can make it available to other users for free and I'd be able to experience other user's creations as well, provided that I own all their listed depedencies.

The question is to what degree am I allowed to distribute such an appearance preset?
Ok, we have established that I cannot redistribute clothes, hair, poses, textures, animations that someone else has put work into creating and I am completely fine with that.

The point I am trying to make is that morph numeric values should not be protected because they are accessible in the base game, anyone can come up with the same values, or they can be reverse engineered through trial and error.

If I go in the base game right now and make a model by using the base morphs, I should not be able to claim a "patent" on the appearance preset I have just created. I should add value either in the form of a custom morph or some other asset or plugin and monetize that instead.
If someone else attempts to then replicate my model by playing with the morphs and getting as close as possible to the appearance I created can I then invoke copyright claims and prevent them from sharing their preset? How do we determine what is the allowed boundary of similarity for it to not count as the same content? The morph values can be different while still having a close similarity between the two characters. How do you assess the degree of "originality" in such a scenario?

If looks are protected now, what's the next step? Json files? Will I be able to create a still scene referencing other people's .vars, add no original content to it and just monetize the json file? And then prevent anyone else from coming up with the same combination of assets in a scene because I claimed it first?
default and free morphs combinations are not protected.. the only thing that is protected is the CUSTOM user generated content. If someone releases a LOOK that you like and reference that doesn't use a custom morph that they made or from some other paid content, you can absolutely remix that and release it yourself. There's nothing to stop you at all..You're victimizing yourself over nothing.

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone want this if I make it a var... or try to...might be complex lol

Its the FF7 remade gang...tifa, jessie and aerith ....
All credit to the makers (not me).

Would love to give something back...all my patreons are already provided here.

1618444109.jpg

Also...

:lepew:Animal fuck fest time people!!!:love:

Any heroes for : the talented Sharr Doe scene and look ?

and while we're pushing animal sex why not the ...illusive scarlett? (woof woof!)

and when in Rome ...partake in some random bunny sex lol

'hop' to it heroes! (thanks) ;-D

Last edited:

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
[..]
The question is to what degree am I allowed to distribute ?
[..]
Depends on how the creator decided to share its content. The license will determine the contractual transfer of rights. From that, you may embed it, remix it, distribute it, or only reference it, or all, or only non-commercially, with or without crediting the author. The list of license in VaM that I gathered and what they entail to both parties is:
  • FC or no license: whatever, no credit even required
  • CC-BY: can distribute, remix, tweak and build upon work
  • CC-BY-SA: same but new creations will have same license
  • CC-BY-NC: CC-BY but only non commercially
  • CC-BY-NC-SA: CC-BY-NC and same license
  • PC EA: PC then CC/* or FC
  • CC-BY-ND: can distribute, unchanged
  • CC-BY-NC-ND: CC-BY-ND but only non commercially

• PC: cannot distribute, remix, tweak or build upon work
  • Questionable: should not distribute

Last edited:
Status