Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
If you haven't already, I recommend downloading this translation plugin, or one similar, so you can see what all the text says. It'll make WAY more sense. In most cases, I've found there is a mega or an anon link in the body copy.

Oh didn't know there are now good translation extensions in FF. Had to download chrome just for its translation feature for that site.
Nice thanks.

MestreKM

Feb 6, 2018
Last edited:

PopaDookie

Apr 17, 2021
Help!!! I'm a noob trying to troubleshoot missing hair in scenes/looks.
I tried fixing the .json file but I don't fully understand the script and have some dumb questions...

1. Sometimes the .json file specifies the directory path to the hair .vam location and sometimes not. What are the different ways Creators' scripts show VAM where to find their hair files?

2. Sometimes the missing hair can be found in the game's Hair menu. But when I select it for the Person, it's not the right color. How do I copy the Creator's hair color setting from the .json file?

3. Sometimes the missing hair can be found in an AddonPackages .var file but doesn't exist in the directory "Custom\Hair\Female\[Creator]". Should I extract the hair files from the .var file to the directory path location?

Thanks in advance for your help!

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Help!!! I'm a noob trying to troubleshoot missing hair in scenes/looks.
I tried fixing the .json file but I don't fully understand the script and have some dumb questions...

1. Sometimes the .json file specifies the directory path to the hair .vam location and sometimes not. What are the different ways Creators' scripts show VAM where to find their hair files?

2. Sometimes the missing hair can be found in the game's Hair menu. But when I select it for the Person, it's not the right color. How do I copy the Creator's hair color setting from the .json file?

3. Sometimes the missing hair can be found in an AddonPackages .var file but doesn't exist in the directory "Custom\Hair\Female\[Creator]". Should I extract the hair files from the .var file to the directory path location?

Thanks in advance for your help!
1. The creators choose the hair from the hair menu. The menu lists all hair files VAM can find either within the respective (sub-)folders within VAM or within addon packages. In the .json it's then saved as a specific path either in VAM or in a specific addon package. Any deviations from that exact path and it doesn't work.

2. You found a duplicate of that hair. Say you have the hair as a certain addon package, but the creator referenced it from within his VAM folder or a different addon package. To the game it's a different set of hair and the default settings are loaded.

3. The error log it will name the specific location where VAM looked for the hair and failed to find it. Often it's the sub-folder named after the creator, but it could be anywhere. VAM failed to enforce structure standards, so it can get really messy if the creator doesn't abide to convention.
If you copy the hair file to that location it should work. Maybe clear the error log before loading the scene in question.

hammond-fish

Aug 5, 2020
I have a problem with the newest VamX. Whenever i merge it into a scene the UI shows the tutorial on how to enable plugins (which i have already enabled) and it never goes away.
Has anyone had the same problem and knows a solution to this?
You need the latest VAM update, then it works. For me anyway.

Reactions: exter
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes