Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piotrek

Aug 19, 2018
Can anyone suggest some VaM Creators that make good-looking girls of color (Ebony,African-American,Latina). Thanks.

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
Can anyone suggest some VaM Creators that make good-looking girls of color (Ebony,African-American,Latina). Thanks.
These are the best that come to mind:

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
I have another technical question about VARs because I just don't understand. I collect one VAR after the other and more and more garbage is accumulating. How about the dependencies?
For example, if I have a VAR from Podflower in which a special morph, a slip and a special haircut are stored under Custom. And now I have a VAR from Vecterror that this slip and haircut needs but he does not have it saved in HIS var, then VAM accesses the files from the VAR of Podflower or VAM does not even know that these dependencies are in the VAR of Podflower ?
If VAM can't take the dependencies out of other looks then I could easily delete them without worrying about destroying dependencies.

Jun 19, 2018
I have another technical question about VARs because I just don't understand. I collect one VAR after the other and more and more garbage is accumulating. How about the dependencies?
For example, if I have a VAR from Podflower in which a special morph, a slip and a special haircut are stored under Custom. And now I have a VAR from Vecterror that this slip and haircut needs but he does not have it saved in HIS var, then VAM accesses the files from the VAR of Podflower or VAM does not even know that these dependencies are in the VAR of Podflower ?
If VAM can't take the dependencies out of other looks then I could easily delete them without worrying about destroying dependencies.
It would depend on how the .json files are configured.
Most creators are incompetent and are not using .var the way it was intended. That's why you end up with 14 copies of the same pubic hair asset. The idea was for everything to be modular and referencing each other. Like one asset, one standalone .var, not dumping dependencies in the same .var as your main work.

There are also some users that will take a creator's collection of .vars and convert it into a single .var megapack. That will remove duplicate dependencies for that creator's work, but it is still not best practice since those dependencies should not be included in the megapack at all, instead they should be their own standalone asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes