Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
so I'm seeing openvr_api.dll and put it in my VAM\VaM-Data\Plugins directory, but I'm not seeing the openvr_mod.cfg file anywhere. Where is that located?

Edit:
SRC has openvr_mod
bin\win64 has openvr_api.dll
That file is new and comes in the zip from the release link.

Get the compiled version from there as a zip, which includes the cfg file.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
I have to say, I tried it. I saw no visible difference in picture quality with it set to 0.60 (default is like 0.77, if you read the guide and instructions it explains what this is).
Combining that with the frame interpolation feature in Virtual Desktop (halves the render rate on the PC by generating alternate frames inside the quest2 hardware) I am getting insane frame rates from my heaviest scenes.
Looking at 70fps in scenes that I previously didn't even bother loading because they were painful to watch, I never checked out the framerate before so can't compare sadly.

YoBoyB

Nov 5, 2020
Free performance / resolution for VR users. I tested it and it works really well. Only works through SteamVR so if you have an Oculus headset open the game with this bat: VaM (OpenVR).bat

Thanks for the tip. This is awesome.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
Does this only work with the Quest or also with other SteamVR headsets?
I see no reason it wouldn't work with any headset that uses that openVR api. Try it!
I didn't record frame rates before installing it, but if you try it, remember to pick a scene that pushes the PC and record the FPS before and after! Let us know how it goes.

Diick

Sep 10, 2017
I use some dependency cleaner i steal from a guy on the hub is a python script, first i check that the var works and that the model is the same and has the same components, if not i get the requiered items first, then when everything is ok i run the python and that ereases all the dependencies (that speeds up a lot for me), then i have a NVME that is very fast with reading speeds and i deduplicate (using dupeGuru) specially the morphs directory, that also speed up things, and my machine is a 9900KF (overclocked at 5.1GHz) with 32GB RAM (3600MHZ), and finally an RTX 3090, still i have to wait like 10-15 seconds for startup and like 30s-1m (depending in the number of models) for scene load.
Where can i find that dependency cleaner?

Reactions: YoBoyB
Sep 22, 2020
On my HTC Vive Pro with i9 9900k, 32Gb Ram and GTX 1080 ti I don't notice any difference in the FPS ...
Which value has to be changed in which direction?
Like the instructions im the file say:
// Per-dimension render scale. If <1, will lower the game's render resolution
// accordingly and afterwards upscale to the "native" resolution set in SteamVR.
// If >1, the game will render at its "native" resolution, and afterwards the
// image is upscaled to a higher resolution as per the given value.
// If =1, effectively disables upsampling, but you'll still get the sharpening stage.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
You guys are just wasting your time. Vam engine is CPU heavy on a single core. Which the he will address this in the next vam release version 2.0
It's a good thing this works on the GPU then,
" FidelityFX Super Resolution is hand-optimized for best performance and runs well on a large variety of GPUs. The following table provides some indication of upper performance threshold numbers for the cost of running FSR, measured on different classes of GPUs. "

So, by reducing the render resolution you increase the FPS, because the program is CPU bottlenecked not GPU you more processing from where it costs most (CPU) to where it's virtually free (GPU).
This is literally almost exactly what VaM needed in it's current state.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
This is absolutely not true. I have 3080 with Ryzen 3600 and the GPU is the bottleneck for me by a big margin.
Really? Because with my Ryzen 5-5600X and a 3060 I still find the CPU is the limiting factor.
The physics and colliders use huge amounts of processing. Once it makes better use of multi-core processors everybody will see a dramatic increase in speed without any hardware changes at all.

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
To put actual numbers on this,
Run the CPU High physics benchmark. Look at the times spent on Render (gpu) and physics (cpu),
Render 0.57
Physics 3.79 (on my old i7-2600 Physics was 13.79!!!)
It's clear where the biggest delay is with that. So onto the GPU test,
Render 1.91
Physics 2.04
So with virtually no physics in the scene, and straining the GPU as much as possible, the GPU STILL does it's job quicker than the CPU, so still CPU limited there.

Hair sim?
Render 0.3
Physics 1.64

Hair Renderer,
Render 0.33
Physics 1.2

In every single benchmark I ran the CPU takes way more time than the GPU, even in the ones where the CPU wasn't being loaded but the GPU was.
Thats a faster CPU and slower GPU than your system.

Run the benchmarks on your system, let the averages settle and you will see. If not? You got something very messed up on your machine!

smittypunk

Jun 30, 2020
Hello everybody! I am looking for this model! Does anyone have it?

BEST OF REDHEADS/ Part01

It's already there a few posts later. Those were preview pics. As far as I know, the only release came like this: . Never released a shorthair version unless there was an included alt preset I missed. I agree with the implication that a preview outshined the actual release in likeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes