Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinosante

Mar 1, 2018
So I tried FidelityFX and it looks like it's working, but VaM won't load beyond the startup screen. I have had troubles with VAM in SteamVR on my Rift S before, from one day to the other, it kept crashing in SteamVR. Anyone have any idea why/how? I reinstalled SteamVR, but that doesn't solve it. I'm not really looking forward to reinstalling VAM...

pbam

May 22, 2018
The first rule of joining FreeDLC is don't talk about FreeDLC.
is getting in even worth it? why is it so taboo to talk about this super special club? I mean, practically everyone who uses VAM has pirated assets or content at some point, even content creators themselves, since you'd have to be literally spending hundreds of dollars on different content creators to use VAM effectively or as intended for quite a few scenes. what's in there that doesn't already "illegally" circulate here, the hub, Chinese sites or on Reddit anyway?

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
have you tried the FasterVam one? I'm guessing it's the culprit since I downloaded the one from Bob_oblong and it messed up my installation.
Didnt mess up mine, but also only half functioned and did nothing for starting the game. If you install it, it only replaces one file in /vamdata/managed/mono.cecil.dll You can remove that file and all other folders related and repair your core and you should be good to go. Def not going to be touching any of his stuff for a while, kinda like you dont piss of people who serve you food......his next release prob going to be a trap XD.

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
It is literally a troll as i suspected, as its not the way in to the discord. I bet noone got a pm with any form of invite.
Those tips on how to "get invited" into freedlc should be purged from the thread.
It originally wasn't a troll, as that is precisely the way I got in.

Reactions: cheezburger

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
is getting in even worth it? why is it so taboo to talk about this super special club? I mean, practically everyone who uses VAM has pirated assets or content at some point, even content creators themselves, since you'd have to be literally spending hundreds of dollars on different content creators to use VAM effectively or as intended for quite a few scenes. what's in there that doesn't already "illegally" circulate here, the hub, Chinese sites or on Reddit anyway?
It's hush hush because there's pirated & converted DAZ stuff in there.
There's no pirated VAM stuff, as 99% of the VAM creators are in there. That's why I laugh to myself when any of them show up in this thread to scold all of us. It's pure hypocrisy.

Reactions: tarlity

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
Do i have to change only this 2?
"renderScale": 0.75,

// tune sharpness
"sharpness": 0.75

Do i have to change only this 2?
Yeah you only change those 2 values, in game you will still have render scale 1.0 displayed, don't change it. I have a very mediocre PC with a GTX 1070 and Ryzen 7 3700x, so I set render scale to 0.5 or 0.6 in OpenVR_mod.cfg, but you might be good with render scale 0.7-0.8. (remember to start VAM with Vam(OpenVR).bat, not your normal exe file).

You have to find your sweetspot for your hardware between blurryness and performance. For me I don't really care about the blurriness and go for smoothness. Overall VAM is still less blurry with the OpenVR fix than changing the ingame render scale and has better performance.

RyanG02

Apr 24, 2020
I have no idea if the super special club is worth it. I had no idea it existed until people started whispering about it here. I'm not opposed to an invite, but my life will go on without it.
In all honesty, the content you'll get here is superior. Most of what's on there is already what's on the Hub as the vast majority are the creators showing off their upcoming releases. You may get the odd non-hub asset but that's usually because it contains Daz related licensed content. If anything good does get posted there it will most likely end up here anyway.

whymeazn

May 3, 2017
I'm OOTL, is the FasterVam from the GoldenPack posted here earlier going to brick my game/not doing what it's supposed to?

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
Anyone has Sapuzex scenes separately? The combined var hangs when i choose a scene.
Use the torrent they are all in there(just select there folder to DL. or unpack the var?

I'm OOTL, is the FasterVam from the GoldenPack posted here earlier going to brick my game/not doing what it's supposed to?
The newer versions people had were just not reading vars when it was turned on, i used an older version, still didnt work fully. Start up was same but could turn it on once game started and helped with loading larger scenes by loading all textures before the scene and physics, but i wouldent bother with it.

Reactions: whymeazn

whymeazn

May 3, 2017
bro I'm new to VAM. I'll try this plug-in, but it's a bit complicated for me. Thank you for your answer

Here are the Corrine morphs with its head, body and gen separated. I also included the Head xyz fix. In the female morphs, look for these files instead.

Drop the Custom folder into your vam main directory.

Haliwod

Jan 8, 2018
Look for a plug in called "MorphMerger" it should be on the hub (can't find it right now). But basically you want to use the "split body" option. It'll generate separate morphs for the head, body and gen. If you have noticed, the morph dnddr uses is both head and body combined in the morph. You will also need the head xyz morph fix which is also on the hub, this is due to the head morph also affecting the head position. I will prob post these once I got the time.
Just used this plugin to separate a single (full model) morph into head morph only. And this wonderful plugin worked like a charm really. I managed to transfer a head (face) from Elizabeth model (from BaS) on a more thic body to create smth more similar to rule34 look ;)

Piotrek

Aug 19, 2018
Just used this plugin to separate a single (full model) morph into head morph only. And this wonderful plugin worked like a charm really. I managed to transfer a head (face) from Elizabeth model (from BaS) on a more thic body to create smth more similar to rule34 look ;)
Hope you will share modded Liz around, the BaS version of Liz is hot af <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes