Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroflux63

Aug 29, 2018
Hello,

can someone help. I'm looking for Alice Hair for VAM. I got this hair for DAZ Studio and imported it with the built-in Haircreator, but with moderate success.

Alice Hair VAM.jpg in VAM

Alice Hair DAZ.jpg inDAZ Studio

Reactions: 6ixshooter

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
Is anyone subscribed to Vamyj or Dnaddr? Am digging around looking for a new creator to subscribe to.

Peter-Pirate

Sep 4, 2020
Anyone know of a full tutorial on setting up MMD Player and making the default figure scene dance. I had her dancing but can not remember how i did it.. Now she just stands in a t-pose while music and cameras play. and there is no tutorial on ZHFX patreon page. Spent 2 hours on youtube but nothing there.

It does not matter now. Sorted it at last. i loaded it as a sessions plugin in stead of a scene plugin..

Last edited:

Deleted member 1647502

Sep 13, 2019
Still do not understand how ReignMocap rose to 700 patreons this month !!!

I know Kitty mocap is on vacation not doing anything measly 300. But C&G is my fav under 600 ! wtf ! WTF is ReignMocap doing ??

Still my favorite creative is ClubJulez -GetUp
@

What is Reignmocap doing that I am unaware about !!
I'm happy for him. My take from his posts here is that he is very accomodating and open-minded about his business path. Reign, if you are reading this, keep doing what you are doing! Wishing you much success.

Peter-Pirate

Sep 4, 2020
Still do not understand how ReignMocap rose to 700 patreons this month !!!

I know Kitty mocap is on vacation not doing anything measly 300. But C&G is my fav under 600 ! wtf ! WTF is ReignMocap doing ??

Still my favorite creative is ClubJulez -GetUp
@

What is Reignmocap doing that I am unaware about !!
This is on KittyMocaps page.
KittyMocap
is creating Motion Capture Animations for VAM
PATRONS

Reactions: pplang

CheekyChan

Sep 27, 2019
Vamifier 3 - deduping and cleaning your VAM.

OK, so this is the third iteration of my Vamifier, this one works in completely different way, though, and is probably most useful for content creators and people that just like to play with VAM, not those that load every possible VAR.

What it does is it indexes all important VAM files, assets etc. (including inside VAR) in your repo directory (might be your VAM installation directory), takes only SINGLE INSTANCE of each asset (based on its hash) and copies it into designated "cleaned" directory with all dependencies, preserving proper VAM directory structure. So you can either create a clean vam installation and point vamifier there, or copy any directory into fresh VAM, when Vamifier is done.

This of course means that after running this app you'll end up with a directory containing all morphs, all clothes and all hair models from all your VARs extracted (but only one instance of each!). So if you're a guy that believes VARs are good thing you probably won't be interested in this app, buy yourself another hard drive! But if you relised that VARs are good only for utility modules, this app will shrink you VAM insallation significantly! No more dupes, clean directory structure (see technical details at the bottom).

It also has some neat utility functions that you may find in usage info below:

Usage: <main class> [options]
Options:
-c, --clean
main function: copy/clean/dedupe assets from repo directory to clean
directory
Default: false

-rd, --refresh-db
force rescan of repo directory, run when previous scan failed or new
files added.

-fs, --find-skins
find good skins with normals, gens, etc. in CLEANED
This will list skins that might be well-done, based on which types are present

-lm, --list-mocaps
list modules with mocaps in REPO
This will list saves and modules that probably have mocaps in them

-ls, --list-scripts
list scripts indexed by DB

-gv, --group-vars
move vars to subdirectories based on their content in REPO
If you have a lot of VARs it might be pretty difficult to decide what to see or keep. This option will look into contents of the vars and group them into directories based by content. Most useful for utility only VARs!

-i, --generate-icons
generate preview icons from VARs to see what's inside in REPO
Goest through your VARs and extracts /save icon from them, good to check what's inside a particular VAR.

-cp, --convert-pose
convert legacy poses from REPO to preset poses in CLEANED

-t, --autoimport-textures
create auto-importable textures (warning: interactive) in CLEANED
A smart renamer that will make your textures ready for autoload. If it can't guess a proper texture it will present you a list to choose from.

-h, --help

Technical info for experts:

This app does following things in order:

- processes morphs by creating missing VMB for any DSF and then taking unique (by hash) VMBs and copying together with required VMI to proper Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/[fe]male[_genitalia]. File name not changed.

- processes cloting/hair VABs by taking unique (by hash) VABs, gathering all their dependencies from all their JSONs, together with their presets and copying them into Custom/XXXX/[fe]male/{creator}/{uid} directory.

Having deduplicated morphs, hair and clothes and a huge db of file names and hashes it then starts to process VAP files by resolving their dependencies into deduped cleaned components and copying them into the same location in cleaned directory. I tried that only for looks, but the preset type shouldn't really matter.

And that's it. Take it for a spin if you want, note that I was using it on a more run-and-modify base and added these command line options just for you, not tested. So if you find something not working, PM me.

You run it with:

java -jar Vamifier3.jar

If you see an exception with *pio* inside, you need a higher Java version.

Download:
I'm receiving the following error, any idea on how to trouble shoot?

DB exists
It seems it's a first time you're running this script. Please select a destination directory for cleaned/deduplicated assets. DON'T pick your VAM directory, so deduped files don't mix with originals, as it doesn't have snese!
Please select a directory that contains you VAM assets to be cleaned. It might be a live VAM installation or any directory structure that follows standard VAM scheme.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Ljava/io/File;Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;)V
at pl.qus.wolin.MainKt.saveJson(Main.kt:100)
at pl.qus.wolin.JsonDbFile.save(JsonDbFile.kt:17)
at pl.qus.wolin.Main.main(Main.kt:308)

Thanks!

ZRSX

Jul 13, 2021
I really don't think VARs are worth it. They're basically a waste of your disk space. But talking about recursive dependencies - it didn't matter, as Vamifier just went through all the VARs, didn't follow dependencies manifest. But again - VARs are fundamentally broken concept, they create more problems than they solve.
Nope, I disagree. Bad packaging is the problem.
With proper packaging, VARs allow precisely to do what you seek: save disk space.

The same content should never be in 2 VARs: it should be a dependency. The only content that can't be properly linked through dependencies is content... from the pre-VAR era that have never been packed as VAR.

Reactions: grivald

Haliwod

Jan 8, 2018
Hello fellow men of culture.
I came back with the usual strange questions/requests)

I know there is AshAuryn Expressions and Tenstrip Expressions. I'm looking for more interesting expression morphs (packs). Anyone can suggest smth like this or possibly share. I'd be really thankful.

PS I just downloaded E-motion plugin. It's very complex (for me at least) but I'm willing to learn how to use it properly. Again I'm mainly interested rn in learning how to set the expressions with it. There is sadly no examples with step by step basic usage of this plugin on hub.

ZRSX

Jul 13, 2021
Current Kemono links, at least the one's I'm aware of. Posting up on page 700 to make an easier# for people to remember and reference back to.
First of all, I don't mind at all that my content is over there.

I've seen some posts requesting some more extreme/fringe content. That's what I'm trying to bring (but no loli drama, don't worry).
Feel free to share it. I only made a Patreon to have a safe & organized place to put it. And yeah, get some tips in the meanwhile. Anything that doesn't not break the Hub terms of service is shared directly on the Hub.

So I truly won't mind if you share it more. I only have one request, though: warn people that it can be disturbing.
I just want to share with people who like this kind of stuff, not traumatizing anybody ;)

Btw you should update your link, there's new stuff that could be of interest to some people.
Happy sharing! ;)

Fferrett

Jun 4, 2017
How does it resolve dependencies? Does it first grab raw assets or does it try to find the dependent vars first and unpack from those? Also, how does it deal with recursive dependencies? Like VAR A depends on VAR B which depends on VAR C. Does all the content from VAR A, B, and C get unpacked into the target VAM folder?

Would you be able to provide the same function, except with keeping the VAR files intact?
Java? Where do I find that. I remember using it with Win 7...

ItsMrFoxToYou

Jan 20, 2021
I am very nearly at the point I have to run this var stipper thing.
THREE pages of the same single piece of hair. If that's an indication of the kind of duplication going on in the background I can't see, it's a lot of wasted space and slowed down access.

maxdannis

Dec 20, 2020
THREE pages of the same single piece of hair. If that's an indication of the kind of duplication going on in the background I can't see, it's a lot of wasted space and slowed down access.
If you click the box icon next to the asset name it tells you the location of that instance of the asset. You'll probably find the hair inside several look vars instead of an independent var like it should be. Like, Roac.Longhair1 in Roac.Longhair1.var, then you'll find another one in KDollMasta.Mk2Doll.var, and again in KDollMasta.Mk8Doll.var, etc.

This is caused by the look author doing their job improperly and repackaging the hair file in their var instead of referencing the original (i.e. Roac.Longhar1.var) file. This is a massive problem in the VAM scene unfortunately. VAM itself makes creating clean VARs difficult which is half the problem. Good idea, follows software package model, but it has been implemented poorly and abused by pure laziness by authors.

Reactions: Krosos

ssuukk

Jan 13, 2021
I'm receiving the following error, any idea on how to trouble shoot?

DB exists
It seems it's a first time you're running this script. Please select a destination directory for cleaned/deduplicated assets. DON'T pick your VAM directory, so deduped files don't mix with originals, as it doesn't have snese!
Please select a directory that contains you VAM assets to be cleaned. It might be a live VAM installation or any directory structure that follows standard VAM scheme.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Ljava/io/File;Ljava/nio/charset/Charset;)V
at pl.qus.wolin.MainKt.saveJson(Main.kt:100)
at pl.qus.wolin.JsonDbFile.save(JsonDbFile.kt:17)
at pl.qus.wolin.Main.main(Main.kt:308)

Thanks!
see the "nio" there? That means you need Java SDK 11 (at least). Next time just PM me.

Use Vamifier! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes