Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedrem

Dec 7, 2019
Question? Is there à limit to piling up .var in "AddonPackages" folder?

It seems to me I can't find all of them in game.

(Even through different way (look, preset, scene...)

For exemple:
.var package seems to be clear including:
Custom (with asset, Atom, Clothing... etc...)
Saves (with scene)
and meta.json file...

"AddonPackages" folder contains actually 438 Packages! :eek::eek:

Edit Finally find them (forget to slide limit up! :LOL:

Last edited:

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
I know that there is actually a thread to share stuff, but is there a VAM thread on this board for help and tips?
I don't want to inflate this thread unnecessarily, but VAM is not self-explanatory and there is so much to ask. And here you almost always get an answer.
An example : I have the problem that I have some individual textures .For example only the torso .That has wonderful stretch marks. When I use this texture in looks, I often have the problem that this torso texture absolutely does not match the other textures. Even if I equip a look with all textures and then notice that the head texture absolutely does not match the rest of the color. Is it possible to adjust the textures of the body color directly in Vam?

Reactions: WDElements

TellyV

Jun 11, 2020
I know that there is actually a thread to share stuff, but is there a VAM thread on this board for help and tips?
I don't want to inflate this thread unnecessarily, but VAM is not self-explanatory and there is so much to ask. And here you almost always get an answer.
An example : I have the problem that I have some individual textures .For example only the torso .That has wonderful stretch marks. When I use this texture in looks, I often have the problem that this torso texture absolutely does not match the other textures. Even if I equip a look with all textures and then notice that the head texture absolutely does not match the rest of the color. Is it possible to adjust the textures of the body color directly in Vam?
Generally you can mix and match groups. Diffuse / Specular / Normal / Decal and still get good results, but when changing Head / Torso / Limbs / Gens within a group you are usually going to get issues unless they were built off the same texture in the first place. Even if there was a way of altering the tint of an individual part in VAM it would still visible seams because of differences in the skin detail.

You can sometimes get away with it on the head, because the seams run under the hairline and behind the jaw. Or on the gens, by removing the texture and setting it to auto generate from the torso.

Aeroflux63

Aug 29, 2018
This scene is amazing, can someone please upload the two missing files? Thank you very much in advance!
View attachment 1324449
just changed it in the savefile. "dancin.mp3" is included in the * .var. and "smoothmoves" I have in my standard folder Custom / Scripts. Simply open and edit with a ZIP manager. I just don't feel like downloading a new Var package again and again. Then something else is needed again. Sorry for my Englisch, i`m German (Translate with Google)

View attachment AlpacaLaps.Dancin_Rev_Extended.1.zip

Reactions: sagemaster

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Updated Community Pose Pack to vers 4 -->

Added latest amazing Standing Poses version 2 from klphgz.
Some more bondage poses from VirtAmateur. So that's 1760 pose presets in total.
Removed the bundled morphs which were all from AshAuryn.
Fixed the dependencies.
Some poses are off by half the body unfortunately but still usable.

Should be good. Maybe.

As more and more creators are doing pose presets, I hope to not publish any updates, at least not for free content.
Bigpacks are quite handy for the lazy you are but if you find the same pose preset from original poster, it's better to depend on his var. This is only if you load a pose at runtime. If you just load the pose manually, you won't be linking it so it doesnt matter which pose pack you use.

All credits to the creators of these poses and morphs.

Enjoy!

bolango

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,

yes with Render to VR

I recommend to lower the Slice Width Setting to lowest possible.
Otherwise you will have a lot of Aliasing.
Just try it out and you will see what i mean if you Render in higher or default Slices Width.
With lowest Settings here the Picture is very crisp in detail.

You have to take care that all Menus are deactivated otherwise they will be captured with the Render Process.

Each Pic will be saved as a Single JPG and then finally converted to a Mp4.
On my RTX 3080 i9 it takes like 1 minute fo 1 pic, you need at least 30 for 1 Second of Video.

Video Results are great.
Even 3DVR Pictures look premium.

As a last tip do not abort the Video Render Process if you started it since the MP4 file will be corrupted then.
What you can do is to check the generated Jpgs since they will be kept until it finishes.

For more Infos like Filename Tagging check the HUB Discussion.
Whoa! Thank you so much! I didn't expect to get a detailed response. What kind of app do you use to view it? I currently have Oculus Quest 2, I am currently running a 3090 and underutilized, might as well put it to good use. Are there any video hosting site where I can download user uploaded videos to try them out? Thanks!

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
One thing VaM is desperately in need of, are cars! Does anyone here have any car assets that are not already available on the hub, reddit or VaM discord? I already have Force2013's Toyota AE86 (Corolla), Polyfire's Super Sports Car and Megoloser's E-Class Mercedes. I am only looking for American Muscle and 80's+90's JDM, mainly Honda and Nissan, but I will take what I can get. Also, anything with pop-up head lights. I have a few for DAZ, but I don't know how to port stuff yet. Learning that is next on my list.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattStuff

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
Updated Community Pose Pack to vers 4 -->

Added latest amazing Standing Poses version 2 from klphgz.
Some more bondage poses from VirtAmateur. So that's 1760 pose presets in total.
Removed the bundled morphs which were all from AshAuryn.
Fixed the dependencies.
Some poses are off by half the body unfortunately but still usable.

Should be good. Maybe.

As more and more creators are doing pose presets, I hope to not publish any updates, at least not for free content.
Bigpacks are quite handy for the lazy you are but if you find the same pose preset from original poster, it's better to depend on his var. This is only if you load a pose at runtime. If you just load the pose manually, you won't be linking it so it doesnt matter which pose pack you use.

All credits to the creators of these poses and morphs.

Enjoy!
Thanks for this eponge , these packs are a lifesaver!

Reactions: luelinks and eponge

3D_Adict

Oct 18, 2020
Someone mentioned an issue with textures of the head and neck area showing a black join , hope this helps explain .
depending on the texture being used , Vam can use genesis and genesis 2 .
its like genesis 3 and genesis 8 the texures can look similar in lay out ,but they`re not the same, hence the dark outlines in the joins of limbs , torso and head
in this example using the skin select with default female
i am using a custom texture for genesis 2 female with victoria 6 as a test , all looks good
skin1.png
but select victoria 5 things get a bit odd , the skin select changes the geometry
skin2.png

but go back to victoria 6 or other genesis 2 skin the textures look fine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes