Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
Someone mentioned an issue with textures of the head and neck area showing a black join , hope this helps explain .
depending on the texture being used , Vam can use genesis and genesis 2 .
its like genesis 3 and genesis 8 the texures can look similar in lay out ,but they`re not the same, hence the dark outlines in the joins of limbs , torso and head
in this example using the skin select with default female
i am using a custom texture for genesis 2 female with victoria 6 as a test , all looks good
View attachment 1325435
but select victoria 5 things get a bit odd , the skin select changes the geometry
View attachment 1325438

but go back to victoria 6 or other genesis 2 skin the textures look fine
I swapped over some gen 8 skins to base 2, get the neck seam only when zooming out, simple fix is I fill in the black with skin color and blend the seam(though im sure cloning tool might be better but ive been doing this for like 2 days just figuring stuff out as i go.) Only thing that bugs me atm im trying to wrap my head around is the close up you can see a stretching in the texture that makes the pores not match up. I was thinking maybe a universal bump map or Normal that stays away from most features but focuses on the seam of the neck and torso ?Maybe even kinda cloning the seam from the torso to head. I dono
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

djjeremy

Sep 21, 2019
I swapped over some gen 8 skins to base 2, get the neck seam only when zooming out, simple fix is I fill in the black with skin color and blend the seam(though im sure cloning tool might be better but ive been doing this for like 2 days just figuring stuff out as i go.) Only thing that bugs me atm im trying to wrap my head around is the close up you can see a stretching in the texture that makes the pores not match up. I was thinking maybe a universal bump map or Normal that stays away from most features but focuses on the seam of the neck and torso ?Maybe even kinda cloning the seam from the torso to head. I dono
Are you missing a specular (that holds texturing info if your specular bump is greater than 0) or a resolution mismatch on the diffuse from face to torso?

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
Are you missing a specular (that holds texturing info if your specular bump is greater than 0) or a resolution mismatch on the diffuse from face to torso?
Think it res mismatch specs arent helping and pores look way sharper on on head and this only happens on the neck seam Both are at 4096x4096px

djjeremy

Sep 21, 2019
Think it res mismatch specs arent helping and pores look way sharper on on head and this only happens on the neck seam Both are at 4096x4096px
Also, the torso gets stretched differently than the face image. Try using these as decals over your textures to see the seams. It may help you troubleshoot.

Reactions: 3D_Adict

ch2onic

Dec 13, 2019
Also, the torso gets stretched differently than the face image. Try using these as decals over your textures to see the seams. It may help you troubleshoot.
LMFAO kinda made my own i barley understand... wish i seen that a while ago, dont laugh cfaceD.jpg ctorsoD.jpg . textures match up properly I can see mole and skin patterns matching up. its almost like the neck from torso loses all its quality(or gets stretched) while the neck from the head side gets compressed. i can even see the seam on default model with out any skins or anything added. Aight i think i figured somethin out i just used paint fill from blue in normal slapped it on head and torso and looks way better This is from custom female UV with no textures vs added the blue in normal.
Might be able to find a good ratio to use and keep the skin detail gonna look around on web see if anyone go really fine textured Nmaps to use rather that a solid color but even then i was cloning Fine vs rough parts between head and torso and im even more certian it compresses head and stretches neck

Last edited:

WDElements

Jun 7, 2021
Whoa! Thank you so much! I didn't expect to get a detailed response. What kind of app do you use to view it? I currently have Oculus Quest 2, I am currently running a 3090 and underutilized, might as well put it to good use. Are there any video hosting site where I can download user uploaded videos to try them out? Thanks!
Hej , thx a lot for the feedback :)

I am using Pigasus VR Mediaplayer which supports so many Picture and Video Filetypes
and they really care about the Auto Detection of 3D Side by Side Video / Picture and 3DVR Dimensions.
If you label your Pictures or Videos correct, it is really comfort to access your Media with the Pigasus App.

The Pictures / Videos in Render to VR are currently created in Top Bottom / Over Under, so for 3DVR a

Name_180_tb.mp4
or
Name_180_tb.jpg

as a filename is ok.

I do not know any Site for Virt a Mate created 3D VR Media since this is all new to most people.
Sure i hope many will use it and create Videos or Still Picture Galeries.

Last edited:

Sichvot

Jul 2, 2021

sogetthis

Dec 8, 2018
I think yours is better... the only problem I think is hairstyle?
Problem? It's the best I could find in hair with physics resembling the in-game hair. Will happily take suggestions for a better fit. You can use the clothing item "Miranda hair" if you don't mind missing physics.

Here's the appearance preset:

dump into VAM folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes